Do the Bills still have a chance?

1billsfan

What do Bills fans have for thoughts on the 2004 Bills season? Two big "if" games next up on the slate. "If" we win these games, I say we "still" have a chance.

They better win on Sunday. Start the payback for the heartbreak we've been put through this season.

Until the Bills lose 8 games, they still are in the hunt, but unfortunately because of the slow start, they have to win 7 out of their last 9 games to have a shot at a road wild card, and nothing we have seen this season has indicated they can come close to that. But if the Red Sox can win the WS, well....

Until the Bills lose 8 games, they still are in the hunt, but unfortunately because of the slow start, they have to win 7 out of their last 9 games to have a shot at a road wild card, and nothing we have seen this season has indicated they can come close to that. But if the Red Sox can win the WS, well....

102683[/snapback]

We've lost 5 games in conference already. There is no chance of winning a tiebreaker for the WC with 7 losses when 5 of 'em are in the AFC (assuming don't lose anymore in conference games). If this team has any shot at the playoffs they can only lose 1 more game this year.

So, no, we have no chance at the playoffs unless we suddenly turn into a powerhouse team like the Pats or Eagles.

We've lost 5 games in conference already.  There is no chance of getting winning a tiebreaker for the WC with 7 losses when 5 of 'em are in the AFC (assuming don't lose anymore in conference games).  If this team has any shot at the playoffs they can only lose 1 more game this year.

So, no, we have no chance at the playoffs unless we suddenly turn into a powerhouse team like the Pats or Eagles.

102708[/snapback]

sounds good to me, i'll root for that.

bills = unstopable

...and especially not with bledsoe as quarterback. i love the guy as, say, a junior high football coach, but as an NFL qb he's done. he just taken to many blows to the head to lead this team back from 2-5, and that was if the o-line didn't suck, which it still does.

...and especially not with bledsoe as quarterback.  i love the guy as, say, a junior high football coach, but as an NFL qb he's done.  he just taken to many blows to the head to lead this team back from 2-5, and that was if the o-line didn't suck, which it still does.

102753[/snapback]

Yeah but, we have the second ranked defense in the league and Willis McGahee. First things first, they must lay a beat down on the Jests.

I hope the Bills can win enough games this year to make it at least interesting, but deep down I think I am hoping they loose the next 3 so we can put down ole yeller ( Bledsoe ) and move in the JP era.

If Buffalo wins even 1 of the next three I would say there is a VERY good chance Bledsoe will play for the rest of the season.

Yeah but, we have the second ranked defense in the league and Willis McGahee. First things first, they must lay a beat down on the Jests.

102787[/snapback]

agree...and i'm all for that. one week at a time and all.

but 8-1 the rest of the way with this offense?

:wacko:

I hope the Bills can win enough games this year to make it at least interesting, but deep down I think I am hoping they loose the next 3 so we can put down ole yeller ( Bledsoe ) and move in the JP era.

If Buffalo wins even 1 of the next three I would say there is a VERY good chance Bledsoe will play for the rest of the season.

102789[/snapback]

That's a difference between you and me: I will never hope the Bills lose (or loose) any games. Not to effect a change at QB, not to move up in the draft during a "lost" season, not for any "selfish" reason. From the outside to the core I root for and want the team to win every weekend. As I will this weekend.

Stranger things have happened. Itall starts this week with the Jets. We may catch a break next week in facing a banged up Pats team without Ty Law.

After that... the schedule looks much easier with games against the likes of the 49ers, Dolphins, Browns, and Bengals. We also get the Rams at home, which is winnable. So, if we can win the next two games, then I could see us potentially favored in five of the remaining games. That gets us to 9 wins right there.

Also, we get the Steelers at home in week 17, when they may not have much to play for.

Bottom line, if the team gets on a roll and wins it one game at a time (starting this Sunday), then they do have a chance with an easier (on paper) road ahead.

Whether you think you can win it all or think you hsve no chsnce, by far the best (if not virtually the only way to do it) is to take it one game at a time. Its a cliche but its a cliche because it is true that the only game of importance is the next one. The Yabnkees learned this negatively when they were up 3 games to none. The Cubs learned this negatively last year when they were up 3 games tio won with their two ace pitches needing only to win one of the next three.

Indy learned this positively when they had the same record as the Bills as Wade said that his team was done with that record. The lasr 2 World Series winners had a fork stuck in them because they were done.

Its sports so until the fat lady sings all ya gotta do is believe.