Peppers a no-show for start of Panthers minicamp

First the four-time Pro Bowl defensive end announced he had "maxed out" in Carolina and would never sign a long-term deal. Then he sought a trade when the Panthers placed the franchise tag on him.

The latest act of Peppers' offseason of defiance came Friday when he was the only player missing from the start of the Panthers' three-day minicamp.

Yet it was impossible to find anybody visibly upset or concerned that the franchise's all-time sacks leader was in protest mode instead of accepting a guaranteed deal that would pay him more than $1 million a game.

"It's kind of what I expected. He hasn't signed his tender yet," coach John Fox said. "I know he's working out. He'll be in great shape."

Added defensive tackle Damione Lewis: "It's business. It doesn't make him a bad person. When he's ready to come in he'll be here."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9524682...nthers-minicamp

hold on a second, let me hit this little pipe i have. ah yeah...now im dreaming. lets go get peppers. :devil:

I'm still high from the T.O. hit, you'll have to wait until I come down.

Peppers isn't going anywhere. The Panthers are in no hurry to trade him since he's worth more to them than 2010 draft picks and they have the cap room to keep him. So they'll bide their time waiting for their asking price.

Rumor is they want 2 first round picks for him. Which is pretty much telling the league to forget about acquiring the guy as far as I see it.

If Peppers causes enough distractions, they'll take a first rounder / later pick and run away.

I'd be OK with the Bills taking that headache off Carolina's hands.

They just got rid of one crybaby headache. I doubt they'll want to pick up another one. I'm sure his asking price will start with what Haynesworth got from Snyder. :devil:

First the four-time Pro Bowl defensive end announced he had "maxed out" in Carolina and would never sign a long-term deal. Then he sought a trade when the Panthers placed the franchise tag on him.

The latest act of Peppers' offseason of defiance came Friday when he was the only player missing from the start of the Panthers' three-day minicamp.

Yet it was impossible to find anybody visibly upset or concerned that the franchise's all-time sacks leader was in protest mode instead of accepting a guaranteed deal that would pay him more than $1 million a game.

"It's kind of what I expected. He hasn't signed his tender yet," coach John Fox said. "I know he's working out. He'll be in great shape."

Added defensive tackle Damione Lewis: "It's business. It doesn't make him a bad person. When he's ready to come in he'll be here."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9524682...nthers-minicamp

What is important to realize, and was left out of that article, is that Peppers is not under contract and therefore is not required to be at any team activities, mandatory or otherwise. It would be stupid for him to show up, and no matter how small of the chance, and possibly get hurt.

SSDD

If Peppers causes enough distractions, they'll take a first rounder / later pick and run away.

Like the Bills did...except the Bills were able to convert into players for this season.

Doubtful. Peppers will likely show-up for training camp. His agent isn't Eugene Parker.

When will professional athletes stop being little cry babies?

how exactly is Peppers acting like a cry baby? he isnt under contract so why would he show up? why sign the one year tender and risk injury with the possibility of missing out on probably the richest contract in league history

how exactly is Peppers acting like a cry baby? he isnt under contract so why would he show up? why sign the one year tender and risk injury with the possibility of missing out on probably the richest contract in league history

Yes. Unlike Cry Baby Peters, who was under contract, which he signed and agreed to, Peppers is not under contract. He has been given a franchise tag offer which he can choose to sign or not. The contract would be for one year 16.7 mil. A lot of money, but not if Peppers thinks he can make more elsewhere. If his agent thinks he can legitimately get Peppers a better deal elsewhere, and another team is willing to pony up the money, then why not?

hold on a second, let me hit this little pipe i have. ah yeah...now im dreaming. lets go get peppers. :unsure:

He'll fit right in on the Bills version of Cover 2 where he'll be used mainly for pass coverage.

I thought the guy wanted to play OLB in the 3-4? Why would he ever consider coming here?