Will JP Go To The Brocos Now?

JP  

103 members have voted

1. 1. The day the 2009 season starts...

• JP will be listed as the starting QB on some teams depth chart.
    • JP will be listed as the second string QB on some teams depth chart.
    • JP will be listed as the third string QB on some teams depth chart.
    • JP will be waiting for a phone call when a QB gets injured.
    • JP will be done and completely out of the NFL

What does that mean, "wrap himself around the job"??!! I really don't like JP a lot. Let's face it, Donahoe and Mularkey lost faith in Drew Bledsoe following that disaster game at home against the Steelers to end the '04 season. But looking back, although I was not big fan of Bledsoe either, I now see how pathetic it was for him to be relegated to back up Lost-man the very next season of 2005. No wonder Bledsoe was so pissed about that stupid decision, and demanded to just be cut. Lost-man sucks, end of sentence. He sucked during that amazing opportunity Mularkey handed him in '05, and he has sucked just as badly ever since. Just another first round QB bust. You call that failing to wrap himself around the job? I call it simply not being able to perform as a starting NFL QB. He is now entering his 5th year (6th, not counting his injury-plagued rookie season), and he is further away from starting then ever.

If Lost-man is lucky, he can get signed by a team with a sturdy starter, and remain his back up for the next few years without having to play very much.

It's hard for me to tell what you're saying. Do you like him or not like him? :unsure:

The only thing that really worries me is that Losman is picked up by some team and gets a chance to start and tears it up with another team with a solid roster and coaching staff. Something he apparently never had here. Wouldnt Buffalo look like a bunch of freaking idiots. Oh wait, we already do. :doh: It would just make it worse then. I really liked Losman for us at one point. I hope he does well. Just not well enough for us to look dumb.

Not gonna happen unless the Gods decide to let snow fall in hell.

I'll always respect JP for the way he embraced Buffalo and sung its praises. I don't want him as our starting QB anymore, but I hope the guy can find a way to succeed in this league.

Do do I he's a good kid.

What's that...a million, a half-million a year?

Good gig! :lol:

I believe vet min is $750,000 a year.

yay, another JP thread. :doh:

yay, another person who hates JP threads comes into a JP thread to say how much they hate JP threads. :doh:

The only thing that really worries me is that Losman is picked up by some team and gets a chance to start and tears it up with another team with a solid roster and coaching staff. Something he apparently never had here. Wouldnt Buffalo look like a bunch of freaking idiots. Oh wait, we already do. :flirt: It would just make it worse then. I really liked Losman for us at one point. I hope he does well. Just not well enough for us to look dumb.

I think everyone really liked Losman, and wanted to see him succeed...you know that he is well liked, because nearly every post about him starts with some variation of the theme "I really liked JP... I would love to see him succeed somewhere... if he had been handled better by TD/Mularkey"....so all that being said, don't be too worried. JP only got worse when ever he had chance to raise his stock...I think he will be on an NFL roster next year (how about the Raiders?), but I am not thinking is going to make the Bills look too bad for giving up on him. As hard as he may have tried, it seems like the simple things that make a solid, if not great, NFL starting QB just come too hard to JP. Not to say he can't have a good game now and again, but I wouldn't bank on him if anything is at stake for either team playing.

I think Rex Grossman will get the 1st backup job before Losman does...At least Grossman took his team to the superbowl and played very well that season.

I thought Orten was running the show. Grossman got hurt I believe in like the first game.

I think Rex Grossman will get the 1st backup job before Losman does...At least Grossman took his team to the superbowl and played very well that season.

eh, not so much. Grossman was pretty much the reason that Chicago didn't go undefeated.

and to the people that picked JP will be a starter for some team next season- What team is he going to be starting on? That's laughable.

eh, not so much. Grossman was pretty much the reason that Chicago didn't go undefeated.

and to the people that picked JP will be a starter for some team next season- What team is he going to be starting on? That's laughable.

People put down Losman ,yet his only year as a starter, we had a record of 7 wins 9 lost. Last two years with Losman as a backup QB, 7 wins and 9 lost. I don't think Edwards is any better. Look at his play the second half of year. Yea he had a good start, but look who we played againts. Losman had 19 tds his only year as a starter, how many tds did Edwards have the last two years combine. Yea Losman had bad season last year, but 2006 wasn't that bad of a year for him. He is still a young qb. 2007 Losman started 7 games ,those teams had a combine win ,lost record of 61 wins 35 lost. Miami was one of those teams with 1 win, so the rest of the teams had combine 60 wins and 20 lost. That is some tough teams to play againts. And with our overall supporting cast plus our great head coach. I think you'll being to harsh on Losman. Last year he was bad ,but only two starts.

People put down Losman ,yet his only year as a starter, we had a record of 7 wins 9 lost. Last two years with Losman as a backup QB, 7 wins and 9 lost. I don't think Edwards is any better. Look at his play the second half of year. Yea he had a good start, but look who we played againts. Losman had 19 tds his only year as a starter, how many tds did Edwards have the last two years combine. Yea Losman had bad season last year, but 2006 wasn't that bad of a year for him. He is still a young qb. 2007 Losman started 7 games ,those teams had a combine win ,lost record of 61 wins 35 lost. Miami was one of those teams with 1 win, so the rest of the teams had combine 60 wins and 20 lost. That is some tough teams to play againts. And with our overall supporting cast plus our great head coach. I think you'll being to harsh on Losman. Last year he was bad ,but only two starts.

True but he also came in twice as the backup, the Arizona game was basically a full game , and did not perform well. I do not dislike Losman but I think he needs a lot of help to be a productive QB in this league, backup or otherwise.

I blame Mularkey for that, he should have given him more time under Bledsoe instead of handing him the job in his second year. He also was too big on flip flopping him with Holcomb instead of choosing one or the other. Everyone likes to state how well Mularkey did with Ryan this year but that was a different situation, here as a head coach he did not have time to work with his QB to that extent and it was a determent to JP.