Swift Boats

BillsNYC

...and Bush may not have had they not "lost" his.

102369[/snapback]

Yep, giant conspiracy to get records destroyed that not ONE democrat was able to find out about. After all, our government is so adept at everything else the do they would obviously be able to keep that a secret. :unsure:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, giant conspiracy to get records destroyed that not ONE democrat was able to find out about.  After all, our government is so adept at everything else the do they would obviously be able to keep that a secret.  :unsure:

102374[/snapback]

I just find it interesting that the very documents that could have incriminated/cleared him are the ones that went missing. Don't you?

I just find it interesting that the very documents that could have incriminated/cleared him are the ones that went missing.  Don't you?

102393[/snapback]

No, because I was in the military and I know how they handle records. It is the definition of having sexual relations with livestock.

No, because I was in the military and I know how they handle records.  It is the definition of having sexual relations with livestock.

102396[/snapback]

I'm nearly sure you won't answer this directly, but do you think Bush was where he was supposed to be during the time in question? Do you think Bush Sr. used his influence to keep his son out of Vietnam? Do you think that the Swift Boat vets were justified in attacking Kerry's service?

I'm nearly sure you won't answer this directly, but do you think Bush was where he was supposed to be during the time in question?  Do you think Bush Sr. used his influence to keep his son out of Vietnam?  Do you think that the Swift Boat vets were justified in attacking Kerry's service?

102402[/snapback]

I'll answer.

Probably not.

Maybe.

Yes.

I'm nearly sure you won't answer this directly, but do you think Bush was where he was supposed to be during the time in question?  Do you think Bush Sr. used his influence to keep his son out of Vietnam?  Do you think that the Swift Boat vets were justified in attacking Kerry's service?

102402[/snapback]

I don't know where Lt Bush was. If he wasn't doing his job, his superiors should have done theirs. I would have.

I don't know if Mr. Bush used his influence to keep his son out of Vietnam. I can't say I wouldn't have if it were my son. That's always going to be an issue as long as the government is rich and powerful enough to declare wars that aren't to defend our country.

I can honestly say I don't care what the Swift Boat Veterans said, nor do I know much about it. I live in Alaska and they don't have to air ads here to make people hate big government liberals. I think there's something in the water.

I do know I have questions about John Kerry's service, as I would of anyone who did what he did upon his return.

I'll answer.

Probably not. - me too (if you couldn't tell :unsure:)

Maybe. - I've seen interviews with the guy who greased the wheels...Maybe?

Yes. - from all I've heard, he served admirably and the hatred stems from what he did when he came back to the USA. Please expand if you would.

I'll answer.

Probably not. - me too (if you couldn't tell  :unsure:)

Maybe. - I've seen interviews with the guy who greased the wheels...Maybe?

Yes. - from all I've heard, he served admirably and the hatred stems from what he did when he came back to the USA.  Please expand if you would.

102419[/snapback]

To expand on my answers...

Probably not...but I really don't know, as I wasn't there. The paperwork seems to indicate not, but paperwork has a habit of getting screwed up over the years.

Maybe...again, I have no way of knowing. But it sure as hell wasn't uncommon. I know quite a few people that one way or another "dodged" Vietnam through other service (e.g. father left for Parris Island and the Marine Reserves the day before his draft notice arrived.)

Yes...first of all, they have the right to express their opinions. Second, I have reasons of my own for thinking his service was other than admirable in the eyes of those he commanded and served with, and believe SBVT's accusations to be not entirely without merit.

I don't know where Lt Bush was.  If he wasn't doing his job, his superiors should have done theirs.  I would have.

I don't know if Mr. Bush used his influence to keep his son out of Vietnam.  I can't say I wouldn't have if it were my son.  That's always going to be an issue as long as the government is rich and powerful enough to declare wars that aren't to defend our country. 

I can honestly say I don't care what the Swift Boat Veterans said, nor do I know much about it.  I live in Alaska and they don't have to air ads here to make people hate big government liberals.  I think there's something in the water.

I do know I have questions about John Kerry's service, as I would of anyone who did what he did upon his return.

102418[/snapback]

I wasn't around, but it seems to me that a lot of people had issue with what was going on in Vietnam. IMHO, Kerry felt strongly about what had happen, as did a lot of other vets. He spoke out and demonstrated against the war, as did a lot of vets and other people. I have no frame of reference for Vietnam, but his actions sound alright to me. Of couse, I'm a bleeding heart Liberal, so take it for what it's worth.

I wasn't around, but it seems to me that a lot of people had issue with what was going on in Vietnam.  IMHO, Kerry felt strongly about what had happen, as did a lot of other vets.  He spoke out and demonstrated against the war, as did a lot of vets and other people.  I have no frame of reference for Vietnam, but his actions sound alright to me.  Of couse, I'm a bleeding heart Liberal, so take it for what it's worth.

102426[/snapback]

You need to stop identifying yourself with John Kerry because he's a liberal. There's enough evidence to fill a warehouse that the guy is NOT a champion of any cause except enhancing his own power.

I did the same thing a LONG time ago with the so called "conservative" Republicans. We're a nation divided because each side is only willing to question the other, while ignoring their own dirty laundry.

Show me one lie- let's see how Kerry's records compare to their statements and records-Oh, wait we couldn't . Kerry never signed his Form 180 releasing ALL his military records!

Maybe Kerry could have won if he had releasewd them. :unsure:

102365[/snapback]

Possibly the reason he refuesed to file the 180:

Kerry's Military Record Problem

You need to stop identifying yourself with John Kerry because he's a liberal.  There's  enough evidence to fill a warehouse that the guy is NOT a champion of any cause except enhancing his own power. 

I did the same thing a LONG time ago with the so called "conservative" Republicans.  We're a nation divided because each side is only willing to question the other, while ignoring their own dirty laundry.

102445[/snapback]

Like a lot of people this time around, I don't think I ever really identified with Kerry as much as I opposed Bush. I think I took a stance and stuck with it, thereby biasing the filter with which I saw events unfold - if that makes any sense. The attacks on Kerry's war record really pissed me off because, no matter what, he was there. He didn't try to get out of it or run for Canada, but went and fought. At around the same time, it seems, Bush was skirting the guard duty his father line up for him, all the while vocally supporting the war as just and righteous - a true chickenhawk in every sense of the word.

The attack on Kerry's war record seems very hollow and hypocritical coming from Bush.

Like a lot of people this time around, I don't think I ever really identified with Kerry as much as I opposed Bush.  I think I took a stance and stuck with it, thereby biasing the filter with which I saw events unfold - if that makes any sense.  The attacks on Kerry's war record really pissed me off because, no matter what, he was there.  He didn't try to get out of it or run for Canada, but went and fought.  At around the same time, it seems, Bush was skirting the guard duty his father line up for him, all the while vocally supporting the war as just and righteous - a true chickenhawk in every sense of the word.

The attack on Kerry's war record seems very hollow and hypocritical coming from Bush.

102464[/snapback]

I understand. But I also think that thinking is the reason we are where we are.

From my perspective, anyone who can gain 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months with no hospital time who then DOESN'T return to his unit instead coming back and pissing on those who are still in the line of fire is not of very high moral character.

I understand.  But I also think that thinking is the reason we are where we are. 

From my perspective, anyone who can gain 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months with no hospital time who then DOESN'T return to his unit instead coming back and pissing on those who are still in the line of fire is not of very high moral character.

102468[/snapback]

He has more of a right to say what he thinks about the war than somebody who was never there. Many of the recounts of his actions while there sound pretty heroic to me. My father was there for 8 months and came back with 2 purple hearts and a bronze star. He thinks the war was wrong too and supported Kerry. That's all I'm saying.

How do you know... I mean Honestly he has been a no-show for so long...how do you know if he is going away or not?

102471[/snapback]

Because I live in Massachusetts, and we actually gained democratic seats in our state legislature, despite 3 million dollars used by our Republican governor to try and gain seats for his party. Kerry will be a Senator here for as long as he runs.

He has more of a right to say what he thinks about the war than somebody who was never there.

The Constitution & I disagree with you.

Many of the recounts of his actions while there sound pretty heroic to me.

If I had a dollar for every liberty taken on a military decoration, I could pay off the National Debt. I'm only kind of kidding.

My father was there for 8 months and came back with 2 purple hearts and a bronze star.  He thinks the war was wrong too and supported Kerry.  That's all I'm saying.

102474[/snapback]

Did your father spend time in the hospital when he received his Purple Hearts? Do you have any idea how many other people earned 3 Purple Hearts in 4 months, yet spent no time in a hospital?

I was against the war in Iraq, though for reasons that are different than most. I understand the rationale the current leadership is operating under, which makes me different from those who are running around holding signs and pretending they're informed. I know I'm not - at least on the things I REALLY need to know. The true endgame on Iraq won't be known for 20 years. It's just not that simple.

Because I live in Massachusetts, and we actually gained democratic seats in our state legislature, despite 3 million dollars used by our Republican governor to try and gain seats for his party.  Kerry will be a Senator here for as long as he runs.

102483[/snapback]

Well, good for you guys! I believe in States rights fully. Just don't let your Mass precepts spill into my Petrie dish. When a region wants things to be a certain way, have at it.

Basing a huge nation on what that region wants is wrong. Period.

102464[/snapback]

This elections losers' continued attacks on President Bush show a fundamental lack of understanding why the left continues it's quest for political obscurity. Let me help you:

With over 500 million dollars spent proclaiming Bush a knucklehead and a liar, polls consistently show 60 to 65 pecent of Americans believe he's an honest, capable and decent guy. Might the left have better spent that 500 mil? If you need time to think about it you're a true knucklehead. Now, even after Americans have spoken on the issue, the whiners from the left CONTINUE with their failed campaign to paint Bush as an idiot. Your attempts to disprove the old adage about putting your hands in the fire are humorous but to some degree quite pathetic. But maybe we can get behind some government proposal to get you some asbstos mitts- well, maybe not. I beleive you've had those done away with ;-)