Brad Riter Mentions TBD On Air Last Night

Talonz

I'd like to formally thank you for remembering the turf experiment with the borrowed mice.  Honestly, I had forgotten, but that was fun.

I'll hang up and listen.

102938[/snapback]

Brad....this board remembers EVERYTHING.....remember that one time at bandcamp?? :P

Nice to see you "famous" guys like to troll among us real people....it keeps you grounded....oh whatever....lets have a beer....

PS>>>> GO JP

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to formally thank you for remembering the turf experiment with the borrowed mice.  Honestly, I had forgotten, but that was fun.

I'll hang up and listen.

102938[/snapback]

Another awesome thing I just remembered - the concept of "Riter Bucks".

Fictional money that people exchange, bet, and award one another when talking on your show. And every time you mention it we have to hear the cash register sound in the background. For some reason, I really like wacky inside jokes that make no sense.

Get GR back on the internet!!

I remember (it sounds like we are talking about him like he is dead) driving home from UB North campus after studying for 12 hours for the Bar Exam and turning Riter and White's show on. It was great comic relief. I especially remember them talking about foods that they could eat for a week without throwing up (or something like that). It may have been the psychosis caused by studying, but I thought it was quite funny.

Lets repeat..........................Brad Riter is a no-talent, moronic, obtuse idiot who has no broadcasting skills but uses plenty of vapid content to mask his total lack of knowledge of sports.

Lets hope the next sound we hear is a truck crossing the center line.......if you get my drift

If only Buffalo radio knew what good sports talk sounded like........it aint Brad

Lets repeat..........................Brad Riter is a no-talent, moronic, obtuse idiot who has no broadcasting skills but uses plenty of vapid content to mask his total lack of knowledge of sports.

Lets hope the next sound we hear is a truck crossing the center line.......if you get my drift

If only Buffalo radio knew what good sports talk sounded like........it aint Brad

104489[/snapback]

What'd he do, steal your girlfriend in High School or something?

We understood the first time, you're not a fan of his. We get it.

What'd he do, steal your girlfriend in High School or something?

We understood the first time, you're not a fan of his.  We get it.

104495[/snapback]

Guessing gomper didn't have a girlfriend in high school....... or at any point since then.....

Hey all...just writing to say that I read this board a lot too. I'm glad that some of you were fans when I worked with Brad.

It's sad that has to end, with me moving to the AM...but I know that a lot of you are Howard fans too, so I guess you're stuck with me if you're not a fan.

Run Willis Run!

Hey all...just writing to say that I read this board a lot too.  I'm glad that some of you were fans when I worked with Brad. 

It's sad that has to end, with me moving to the AM...but I know that a lot of you are Howard fans too, so I guess you're stuck with me if you're not a fan.

Run Willis Run!

104625[/snapback]

Don't forget to get yourself an alarm clock with battery back-up! :w00t:

If they ever solicit talent's opinion, please let the brass know that there would be thousands of us listening via web streaming. It may not help increase agency buys, but it might help the local reps, and having been in radio before, I know it's all about generating more revenue.

How come you are not on gr than???

As far as streaming gr, I doubt gr will come up with $$$$$ to do it from what I was tolding when I held their tailgates.

On a side not, the list of people pissed off because of the mishandling of the gr tailgate grows by the day. I was talking to one of the subcontractors involved with the tailgate, I explained who did what to screw things up, he was not a very happy camper.

104489[/snapback]

gomper=failed wgr intern, now working overnight traffic in Osh Kosh, WI.....that would be my guess

Hey all...just writing to say that I read this board a lot too.  I'm glad that some of you were fans when I worked with Brad. 

Run Willis Run!

104625[/snapback]

JW..welcome to TBD...I am taterhill....nice ta meeetcha

Don't forget to get yourself an alarm clock with battery back-up! :w00t:

If they ever solicit talent's opinion, please let the brass know that there would be thousands of us listening via web streaming.  It may not help increase agency buys, but it might help the local reps, and having been in radio before, I know it's all about generating more revenue.

104628[/snapback]

Somewhere in the storm of WGR-related posts this week, somebody brought up the idea of a subscription-based streaming service. Based on the amount of people who posted they were dumping their cable/satellite sports packages now that the Simoncast is off the air, there might just be some money to be made there -- or at least enough to cover costs.

Hey, St. Bonaventure and WPIG stream Bonnies games and the Anthony Solomon Show. If we can figure it out down here in the sticks, how freakin' hard can it be?

Somewhere in the storm of WGR-related posts this week, somebody brought up the idea of a subscription-based streaming service. Based on the amount of people who posted they were dumping their cable/satellite sports packages now that the Simoncast is off the air, there might just be some money to be made there -- or at least enough to cover costs.

Hey, St. Bonaventure and WPIG stream Bonnies games and the Anthony Solomon Show. If we can figure it out down here in the sticks, how freakin' hard can it be?

104923[/snapback]

That's a good ideal.

I'd happily subscribe to hear their locally produced programming.

That's a good idea.

I'd happily subscribe to hear their locally produced programming.

104939[/snapback]

Honestly, how many hits do you think they'd get at $5/month? People are paying more than that for XM/Sirius; people paid more than that for the TV sports packages, solely to get Empire. (Sigh... if only some of that $$$ had come their way, instead of going to the local cable companies/DTV.....)

I think my loyalty to the sadly departed WNSA -- and concurrent disdain for the WGR product, in comparison -- is a well-known fact around here. But if the alternative is trying to catch the 90-second sports soundbites on the 6 o'clock news for my Bills coverage (and I realize even that's an option most of you don't have), then yeah, I would seriously have to consider giving Entercom some of my hard-earned money.

Yes, I really just typed that. Sign me up. Just promise me I don't have to listen to Jim Rome, or anyone who pretends to be him.

Let's crank up the e-mail machine and see if we can get something done. For those of you who spend time at other Bills messageboards, do me a favor and post a survey about this; let's see what the level of interest is out there.

Run Willis Run!

104625[/snapback]

Hey, Jeremy. Happened to catch some of Friday morning's show, and with what little I heard it sounds like you and Howard will make a good team.

Welcome to the Wall....

if im not mistaken the problem with the streaming is the bumper music that they play going in/out of commercial....they would have to pay some sort of royalites to use that music on the internet.

if im not mistaken the problem with the streaming is the bumper music that they play going in/out of commercial....they would have to pay some sort of royalites to use that music on the internet.

105115[/snapback]

I haven't listened to GR in years, but if that's the case, they can use some royalty free music, it doesn't have to be Godsmack's (or whatever their freekin name is) latest hit.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the wgr tailgate is at the Big Tree Inn right across from Hammers lot. i could be wrong.

NFL = NO FUN LEAGUE

HAMMER= NO FUN LOT