Are the Bills withholding info

With the run on DBs... at least 2 of which project to safety, do the Bills think Whitner is facing suspension or want to move him? Or is one of the other safeties (we know Simpson is) on the way out?

I think it is pretty obvious Donte will get suspended. He did after all get charged and has a court date set. I would be shocked if the Commish let him slide, considering the recent suspension of his own damn teammate.

It seems to me that this new "inner circle" seems to be slowly ridding itself of some of the under-achieving players that Levy helped draft and sign as FA's, and of course some of the older players Donahoe was in on. Donte was all Marv Levy, in my opinion, and I would not be surprised if the Bills dumped him before this season starts.

But whatever happens with Whitner, I agree that he has a lot to do with all the run on safeties, and DB's the bills drafted today.

It seems to me that this new "inner circle" seems to be slowly ridding itself of some of the under-achieving players that Levy helped draft and sign as FA's, and of course some of the older players Donahoe was in on. Donte was all Marv Levy, in my opinion, and I would not be surprised if the Bills dumped him before this season starts.

Cutting Dockery was a bold but necessary move. Royal and Fowler obviously weren't going to be around in 09. McCargo is a bust.

It took two seasons after Levy to see that the foundation the front office thought they'd established wasn't good. The draft is not a crapshoot, but people not versed in building a team make it so.

I think it is pretty obvious Donte will get suspended. He did after all get charged and has a court date set. I would be shocked if the Commish let him slide, considering the recent suspension of his own damn teammate.

But whatever happens with Whitner, I agree that he has a lot to do with all the run on safeties, and DB's the bills drafted today.

I think Marv got a bum tip from Polian, "Draft Whitner, the next Bob Sanders to make your new D run", then Polian LHAO after he hung up the phone, "!@#$ you Ralph".

With the run on DBs... at least 2 of which project to safety, do the Bills think Whitner is facing suspension or want to move him? Or is one of the other safeties (we know Simpson is) on the way out?

talk about reading too much into things

Cutting Dockery was a bold but necessary move. Royal and Fowler obviously weren't going to be around in 09. McCargo is a bust.

It took two seasons after Levy to see that the foundation the front office thought they'd established wasn't good. The draft is not a crapshoot, but people not versed in building a team make it so.

Nicely put. I have to disagree with some of the posts about Wilson and Whitner. I think Wilson did a fine job in transition from one positition to another, and I think Donte's arrest had nothing to do with it. It might be his production, but I doubt that, too. I think they saw a playmaker at safety and took him (remember, the big 4 teams last year and their safeties) and, are moving a few to linbacker. So, I don't think it reflects a particular dissatisfaction with any of the players, except, perhaps, Ko. He'd be the one to go, I'd think. I thought the other guys stepped in nicely in that spot. As for other positions and the leftovers from Marv - Kelsay is getting too much for too little. The others were appropriate releases, too, IMO. I like what I'm seeing from this years off-season. Will it be too late?

Maybe the Wilson experiment has come to an end.

Wendling will not contribute outside of ST.

Yep, Simpson, Wilson and Wendling have shown everything they've got. Wholesale turnover at the position seems to be an objective of this draft.

You've got to be kidding, right? Granted, he's not Ed Reed, but outright release him? You're frickin' crazy . . .