Hell has a new resident

"The Devil You Know" theory.  I think short-term, the violence will escalate.  IMO, one thing he did in recent years, albeit not very well, was to reign in some of the (relatively speaking) more fanatical factions of the PLO.  Without him there, there's no telling what will happen.  I think it was KRC who earlier alluded to a power vaccuum.  Someone's going to fill it.  Who that person might be, and what level of fanaticism he has, just might make things much worse long-term.

101611[/snapback]

Maybe they'll spend more time killing each other instead of innocent civilians/school kids simply because they're Jewish or American or Non Muslim for that matter.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes idiot, that was my mission for 20 years in the US Navy, supporting terrorist......The story of Katherine harris was humorous in that it should to what extent this election had peopel riled up....I didn't wish harm on Katherine Harris...she was fine

101558[/snapback]

Please try to retrieve your sense of humor...goodness..I'm just looking to get reactions

<_<

Are you serious with this post?

How did Arafat's politics not touch the lives of anyone in the US?  Especially in the armed forces?  Apparently you can't conceive of a link between Arafat & the bombing of the Marines in Lebanon.

101461[/snapback]

Hmmm well considering the only action taken by the government at the time was to bomb Tripoli I could see where that might be the case.

Hmmm well considering the only action taken by the government at the time was to bomb Tripoli I could see where that might be the case.

101871[/snapback]

Look you are just being stupid here. Lybia was bombed for Lockerbee (sp???)

I lost friends there and it was proven that Arafat approved of and help fund all three bombings. Embassy, Airport and French Embassy. To believe otherwise proves how hateful you are of our troops who gae there lives. WTF don't you move to Iran, Syria, and Palastine to support the people you !@#$ing love. Hell why don't you volunteer to have Saddams new baby so his legacy can live on.

You are a hateful animal.

Perhaps his death, when it occurs, will help lead to a free democratic Palestinian state soon.

101918[/snapback]

if that is the case...i hope he has a pair of ice skates for where he is headed.

101871[/snapback]

The depths of your lack of understanding and hate are astounding.

Look you are just being stupid here.  Lybia was bombed for Lockerbee (sp???)

I lost friends there and it was proven that Arafat approved of and help fund all three bombings.  Embassy, Airport and French Embassy.  To believe otherwise proves how hateful you are of our troops who gae there lives.  WTF don't you move to Iran, Syria, and Palastine to support the people you !@#$ing love.  Hell why don't you volunteer to have Saddams new baby so his legacy can live on. 

You are a hateful animal.

101908[/snapback]

Lebanon, Libya, Tunisia - who cares about the difference?

Yeah, and it's the wingnuts who are insensitive to foreigners and their culture.

Perhaps his death, when it occurs, will help lead to a free democratic Palestinian state soon.

101918[/snapback]

Which is what Bush wants. Depending on who succeeds, and I'm pretty sure it's going to be a moderate, this administration has a golden opportunity. Setting those two camps down the right path will go a long way to defusing some other problems.

"The Devil You Know" theory.  I think short-term, the violence will escalate.  IMO, one thing he did in recent years, albeit not very well, was to reign in some of the (relatively speaking) more fanatical factions of the PLO.  Without him there, there's no telling what will happen.  I think it was KRC who earlier alluded to a power vaccuum.  Someone's going to fill it.  Who that person might be, and what level of fanaticism he has, just might make things much worse long-term.

101611[/snapback]

You're right. It will escalate. They have mindless zombies like we do here, but theirs aren't afraid of guns and bombs. This is a spot where the French could make a real difference. Under the radar. They know it. We know it. I'll be interested to see how this plays out. It will tell me a lot about the French.

Think about it.

101871[/snapback]

Marine barracks was bombed in 1983.

Libya was bombed in 1986, after a battle in the Gulf of Sirte and the bombing of the La Belle Discotheque.

You're not even in the right year. :unsure:

Marine barracks was bombed in 1983.

Libya was bombed in 1986, after a battle in the Gulf of Sirte and the bombing of the La Belle Discotheque.

You're not even in the right year.  :unsure:

102335[/snapback]

Give her credit. She was in the decade. That's actually improvement.

I spent 6 years working at Naval Intel and was briefed of some of the standard practices of Arafat. Anyone that has compassion for this terrorist scumbag is ill-informed and should NOT comment.

So Bush is bad because 1,100 troops died clearing out Hussein and his band of killers. Plus we may have known someone personally that died. But Arafat , who was trained by the Russians and murdered/tortured many THOUSANDS of innocent people is worthy of compassion ??? ( I'm a registered Indy, BTW, so stick the political angle).

I CANT EVEN BELIEVE I'M READING THIS DRIVEL ! If this is about sour grapes, due to Politics or some bad hangover, I suggest you re-think your position. :wacko:

I think that Mossad's actions to eliminate much of Hamas senior leadership over the last year are becoming much more clear.  I don't think that Arafat's mysterious illness was a sudden shock to them, and they knew that it would have been a major mess if Arafat went down and all the top Hamas guys were still around.

This makes it a lot easier for Queria or Abbas to emerge.

101588[/snapback]

"This makes it a lot easier for Queria or Abbas to emerge."

Highly unlikely. Neither of them have much grassroots support. If Barghouti was to run from his jail cell, he'd walk it.