McShay just gave us the best draft

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First you were happy with the picks and now because of a guy that at the worst pushes another DB off the roster so that he can be physical *even* from the "little guy position"? Who else could we take to fill at that would guarantee that position is more physical in round 6 than Harris?

No, your way is better. Keep going after defensive backs and fail to make the playoffs for another decade. :thumbsup:

Whats it like in your world of doom and gloom? We have had the best draft in years thus far and probably the best draft of any team this year, and you have your whole doom and gloom panites in a wad over a 6th round pick that was great value where we got him...

And this kid is a player, so how do you know he wont beat out Corner or Youboty and be an upgrade for us? Maybe they see him a ST starter too...

Not to mention, 3 of our top 5 DB's have been oft injured...

First you were happy with the picks and now because of a guy that at the worst pushes another DB off the roster so that he can be physical *even* from the "little guy position"? Who else could we take to fill at that would guarantee that position is more physical in round 6 than Harris?

Dont bother...some just need to complain to complain...

The Giants are a huge, physical team with a rotation of tough defensive linemen.

and that's what we are going for too.

but i disagree with your point of huge. the only position on D where the giants are bigger than us is OLB. schobel might be a little on the small side, but he's been by far our best defensive player for a while.

and you didn't address all those other teams, they have sick speed.

also took at philly, they've been MONSTERS on the D and pass rush for years, and they are all smaller than us but are aggressive and fast with a great secondary.

you just can't admit that there is more than one way to skin a cat, can you?

Whats it like in your world of doom and gloom? We have had the best draft in years thus far and probably the best draft of any team this year, and you have your whole doom and gloom panites in a wad over a 6th round pick that was great value where we got him...

And this kid is a player, so how do you know he wont beat out Corner or Youboty and be an upgrade for us? Maybe they see him a ST starter too...

Not to mention, 3 of our top 5 DB's have been oft injured...

Almost all of your posts complain about the qb position. What harm would a late round qb have caused? He could compete with Hamden, no?

I like most of this draft. That doesn't make this pick or the Levy/Jauron philosophy not stupid.

and that's what we are going for too.

but i disagree with your point of huge. the only position on D where the giants are bigger than us is OLB. schobel might be a little on the small side, but he's been by far our best defensive player for a while.

and you didn't address all those other teams, they have sick speed.

also took at philly, they've been MONSTERS on the D and pass rush for years, and they are all smaller than us but are aggressive and fast with a great secondary.

you just can't admit that there is more than one way to skin a cat, can you?

Have you seen the Giants DTs? Name one that isn' better than all of ours except Stroud. The Colts play in a dome and the Dolphins play in the tropics. It isn't the same as playing in Buffalo.

Almost all of your posts complain about the qb position. What harm would a late round qb have caused? He could compete with Hamden, no?

I like most of this draft. That doesn't make this pick or the Levy/Jauron philosophy not stupid.

Actually, most my post have nothing to do with the QB...it was a handful of threads where the debate dragged on that you frequented that gave you that impression...

Aside from that, I wouldnt have mind a QB then or now, but at the same time I dont really care if we get one after Nate Davis went off the board. There isnt anyone else out there I think will beat our Fitz any time soon and probably not even Hamdan as the staff supossedly is high on him.

So, once Davis went off, I dont see anyone else out there that will make this roster...

Have you seen the Giants DTs? Name one that isn' better than all of ours except Stroud. The Colts play in a dome and the Dolphins play in the tropics. It isn't the same as playing in Buffalo.

yeah, they have a better line, no sht. they might have the best line in the nfl. we just addressed ours in each of the past 2 offseasons, adding a stud in stroud and the best friggen pass rusher in the draft in maybin. if mccargo didn't bust out (i suppose he might still have a shot) we'd have a deep rotation at DT, but we are at least above average there right now.

AND WHAT ABOUT PHILLY?!?!!?!!?!?!? if it wasn't for the mike gandy led oline of the cards (another player at a position you always insist needs a pro bowler) philly would have made the bowl last year, and they whipped the pittz O in the regular season, and they whipped your giants.

speed kills dude, it always has.

The trouble is that the Patriots are not the only team in the AFC East that the Bills are looking at through their windshield. There is nobody in the rearview mirror!

The Jets and Dolphins are not going to be built as finesse teams that try and trick out a few wins. Parcells is going to build a meat grinder in Miami, we know that for certain. And, the Jets have to be at least thinking about smashmouth with their new coach and new QB situation.

Actually, most my post have nothing to do with the QB...it was a handful of threads where the debate dragged on that you frequented that gave you that impression...

Aside from that, I wouldnt have mind a QB then or now, but at the same time I dont really care if we get one after Nate Davis went off the board. There isnt anyone else out there I think will beat our Fitz any time soon and probably not even Hamdan as the staff supossedly is high on him.

So, once Davis went off, I dont see anyone else out there that will make this roster...

And I'm sure this was said before the drafted Brady. Parker from Alabama might be good. Who knows? My point is, why not take a flier on something besides a crowded secondary?

Add up the secondary picks starting from 06. It is over the top and indefensible given our record.

yeah, they have a better line, no sht. they might have the best line in the nfl. we just addressed ours in each of the past 2 offseasons, adding a stud in stroud and the best friggen pass rusher in the draft in maybin. if mccargo didn't bust out (i suppose he might still have a shot) we'd have a deep rotation at DT, but we are at least above average there right now.

AND WHAT ABOUT PHILLY?!?!!?!!?!?!? if it wasn't for the mike gandy led oline of the cards (another player at a position you always insist needs a pro bowler) philly would have made the bowl last year, and they whipped the pittz O in the regular season, and they whipped your giants.

speed kills dude, it always has.

I enjoy your posts, but you are nuts.

The trouble is that the Patriots are not the only team in the AFC East that the Bills are looking at through their windshield. There is nobody in the rearview mirror!

The Jets and Dolphins are not going to be built as finesse teams that try and trick out a few wins. Parcells is going to build a meat grinder in Miami, we know that for certain. And, the Jets have to be at least thinking about smashmouth with their new coach and new QB situation.

2 of Parcells first three picks this year were dbs, then a gimmicky qb to run the wildcat. One Corner in the sixth from USC (who may have a thing or two on a few Sanchez tells) won't end the commitment to some grinders on the Bills side. Yeesh.

I enjoy your posts, but you are nuts.

so philly hasn't built a good d, a VERY GOOD D, in bad weather based on speed? for christ bill, nyc didn't get the extra gear on their d until a philly disciple went to them and made them more aggressive.

and indy, chicago, tampa, and YES EVEN YOUR GIANTS are speed teams on D.

nothing crazy about being fast.