Dominic Rhodes' contract details

VOR

Fri, 24 Apr 2009 13:48:05 -0700 Updating a previous report, Mark Gaughan, of The Buffalo News, reports Buffalo Bills RB Dominic Rhodes will get a base salary of $750,000 in 2009 and a $1.25 million base salary in 2010. The contract also includes a $200,000 signing bonus, a $150,000 roster bonus and a $100,000 workout bonus.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Pretty cheap! That Should affect Fred Jackson's contract demands.

i like freddy alot.but for some reason i think he is not going to sign his one year tender.so the bills are not going up his contract and freddy will sit out all season with out pay.

Um, no. If he does that, he doesn't accrue a year towards FA (actually, towards RFA). He'll sign his tender, come in to play, and have no other choice.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Pretty cheap! That Should affect Fred Jackson's contract demands.

I don't think it will affect Jackson's new contract at all. I'm very glad to find out the incentives that were talked about when he signed aren't tied to field performance. That would have caused a huge problem, IMO.

Jackson's market value is 2 to 2.5 million a year. Why they are trying to f-ck the guy is beyond me.

TC hasn't even started. There is a lot of time for the guy to get his contract. Wait awhile. I'm sure it's coming for him. He went from working out alone to going to the stadium to work out with his teammates. I think he did that after the Bills promised to work out a new contract.

because they can

it was written in the Stew Barber GM book

Why on earth would they pay Jackson $2-2.5m a year when they have him already locked up at $460K ?

He has no choice but to play. In fact, I think the Bills can actually begin lowering their contract tender at some point if he holds out. Look, I like Fred Jackson, but it is a business. The Bills are not going to throw away $2m. If anything, they will sign him for 4 years at around $3-3.5m total. Maybe a $1m signing bonus. The gives Fred some upfront money and some financial security and it give the Bills some security because he would be locked in for 2 years after he would have hit UFA. If he demands a 2 year deal, I don't see the Bills going any higher than $1.2m or so. Maybe $1.5m tops.

Guest dog14787
Rhodes contract is very reasonable.

Freddy Jackson should and will get a similar deal to Rhodes. Get his touches and cash in, in two years.

It gives us allot of depth at the RB position, Dominic Rhodes also has decent hands so he will fit well with Buffalo's style of play.

This should come as a wake up call to Marshawn Lynch that even though he is our best RB, the Buffalo Bills are prepared to play without him.

Why on earth would they pay Jackson $2-2.5m a year when they have him already locked up at $460K ?

He has no choice but to play. In fact, I think the Bills can actually begin lowering their contract tender at some point if he holds out. Look, I like Fred Jackson, but it is a business. The Bills are not going to throw away $2m. If anything, they will sign him for 4 years at around $3-3.5m total. Maybe a $1m signing bonus. The gives Fred some upfront money and some financial security and it give the Bills some security because he would be locked in for 2 years after he would have hit UFA. If he demands a 2 year deal, I don't see the Bills going any higher than $1.2m or so. Maybe $1.5m tops.

I'm not saying the Bills have to treat him fairly and with respect and fairness but FWIW, this organization does have a recent history of extending players who have outperformed their contracts; Schobel, Kelsay, Kyle Williams, and Brad Butler. Hopefully they approach something fair with Freddie.

NFL teams are more concerned about the right thing for the team's bottom line. They don't generally just throw away money if they don't have to.

They also want to sign FA's and if they see the Bills taking a hard line they're less likely to sign. JMO

NFL teams are more concerned about the right thing for the team's bottom line. They don't generally just throw away money if they don't have to.

You are correct if you are referring to perennial loser organizations like the Bills

Well run teams do not jerk their better players around just because they have the leverage to do so.

Stew Barber says hi

Aaron Schobel, Brad Butler, Kyle Williams, Marcus Stroud....should I go on?

You are correct if you are referring to perennial loser organizations like the Bills

Well run teams do not jerk their better players around just because they have the leverage to do so.

Stew Barber says hi

Hi I am Bill Bellicheat,have you met my former players Lawyer Milloy, Deion Branch, David Patten, and Ty Law.

You guys need to stop. Freddy is a nice role player, but he is not an everydown starter. He will get a contract similar to Rhodes but he is not going to get 2-3 million a year from anyone. No backup RB does. You homers really need to stop and realize tying up 3% of the cap money on a backup Rb is not going to get us to a winning season.

You guys need to stop. Freddy is a nice role player, but he is not an everydown starter. He will get a contract similar to Rhodes but he is not going to get 2-3 million a year from anyone. No backup RB does. You homers really need to stop and realize tying up 3% of the cap money on a backup Rb is not going to get us to a winning season.

your original premise is incorrect

Fred can be an everydown RB - and will produce better than our #1 thug