Is this idea crazy?

Pete

I hate partisinship and do not like how polarized this country is becoming. I had a thought that perhaps President Bush could appoint Bill Clinton to broker some sort of peace deal in the middle east. I am no fan of Bill Clinton but recognize his talents. This could be groundbreaking and could show that the prtys could work together and serve as a starting point for better relations between them. It might show Bush in a new light to the middle east and to the rest of the world. Could this idea work?

I hate partisinship and do not like how polarized this country is becoming.  I had a thought that perhaps President Bush could appoint Bill Clinton to broker some sort of peace deal in the middle east.  I am no fan of Bill Clinton but recognize his talents.  This could be groundbreaking and could show that the prtys could work together and serve as a starting point for better relations between them.  It might show Bush in a new light to the middle east and to the rest of the world.  Could this idea work?

100776[/snapback]

If there were fat chicks involved, probably.

I hate partisinship and do not like how polarized this country is becoming.  I had a thought that perhaps President Bush could appoint Bill Clinton to broker some sort of peace deal in the middle east.  I am no fan of Bill Clinton but recognize his talents.  This could be groundbreaking and could show that the prtys could work together and serve as a starting point for better relations between them.  It might show Bush in a new light to the middle east and to the rest of the world.  Could this idea work?

100776[/snapback]

It could work, but I don't see it happening.

W is on his 2nd term and has a VP that is done after this. Since Cheney won't be running for President, there's no real motivation to do it. IMO, by using Clinton in that regard he would alienate the Clinton-haters within his own party, and that wouldn't make those in the GOP who've stood by his side too happy, because it'd be thrown in their face when their Congressional seats come up for re-election.

Sadly, partisanship ain't going away. Our elected officials oftentimes appear to be more concerned about taking care of their own party than they are with taking care of America...

hate partisinship and do not like how polarized this country is becoming. I had a thought that perhaps President Bush could appoint Bill Clinton to broker some sort of peace deal in the middle east. I am no fan of Bill Clinton but recognize his talents. This could be groundbreaking and could show that the prtys could work together and serve as a starting point for better relations between them. It might show Bush in a new light to the middle east and to the rest of the world. Could this idea work?

Clinton - no way. But don't be surprised to see a more moderate Dem get something (e.g., Breaux from Louisiana, if willing).

100776[/snapback]

The only way a middle east peace deal will come about is if Bush puts pressure on Sharon to give up the idea of Greater Israel. Acquiesing to Sharon's plan to permanently annexe parts of the West Bank, in complete defiance of International law, sabotages any remote prospect of a peace deal.

100776[/snapback]

i agree that Clinton has great ambassadorship talents and it would not be a bad idea to put him in some sort of posistion to ease party tensions....

however there will never be peace in the Middle East.

100776[/snapback]

Problem being that Clinton's foreign policy in almost all aspects was abyssmally ineffective. May as well put Bozo the Clown in charge of middle east policy.

And when Arafat kicks, things will most likely change anyway. I'm not sure how they'll change (I think for the better, but I could easily be wrong), but they will change. May be that a US peace broker will be unnecessary...