My first and last prediction/mock draft.

Brandon

I normally wait until the night before or the morning of the draft to post one, but at this point, I don't see it changing given the top 10 picks. So, here it is, so everyone can see how badly I missed it once Saturday afternoon rolls around.

1) Detroit - QB Matt Stafford

2) St.Louis - OT Jason Smith

3) Kansas City - OLB Aaron Curry

4) Seattle - QB Mark Sanchez

5) Cleveland - WR Michael Crabtree

6) Cincinnatti - OT Eugene Moore

7) Oakland - WR Jeremy Maclin

8) Jacksonville - DT BJ Raji

9) Green Bay - DE Tyson Jackson

10) San Francisco - OT Andre Smith

EDIT: Yeah, I screwed up and left Moore off the first time. As long as he doesn't go before pick #6, and I don't think he would, its just bumps the remaining OTs down a notch, including Oher out of the top 10.

1) DE Brian Orakpo, Texas

I think they'd prefer if Raji fell to this spot, but that's unlikely to happen. They're left with a choice largely between a DE and TE, and honestly, I have little faith in their willingness to upgrade the latter with a premium pick. With the top four OTs gone, they'll draft the best DE on their board with this pick, even if it isn't necessarily Orakpo. EDIT: correcting the earlier screwup, I think Oher will probably be available here. I do feel the Bills would pass on either he or Andre Smith in favor of Orakpo, so it doesn't change much as far as the Bills are concerned.

1) OLB James Laurinaitis, Ohio State

Yes, he's a collegiate MLB, but I think that he's very much like Posluszny. Both can play either, IMO, and perhaps are better suited outside than inside. This would be a good, safe pick following the always-dangerous pick of a DE earlier in the round. Laurinaitis would almost certainly become a solid, if unspectacular NFL starter. One note: if the Bills are going to throw a curveball in this draft, this is where it will happen. Two possibilities : WR Brian Robiskie and CB Darius Butler.

2) OG Duke Robinson, Oklahoma

Looking over the lists of OL the Bills have visited with, they seem to be looking for a physical run blockers for the interior OL spots rather than athletic pass blockers. It looks like they're trying to find a guy who can be what they thought they were getting with Derrick Dockery. There are a number of ways that they could go in that regard, Robinson, Levitre, Eric Wood, etc, but R2 is probably where they'll do it. They might also consider Boston College DT Ron Brace at this position, which would be a little high for a guy who isn't a perfect fit for their defense, but they have such problems holding the LOS on running downs and short yardage, in particular, that they may strongly consider it.

3) TE Chase Coffman, Missouri

Finally, the Bills decide to add a TE prospect. If they're not going to draft Pettigrew, R3 is probably where this position has the most value. Because of his injury, Coffman is a very difficult player to get a read on. I think this is on the upper end of the range where he might go and he could slip as far as round 5. Regardless of whether its Coffman, Beckum or Ingram, this is likely where they'll fill this need.

4) OT Xavier Fulton, Illinois

The wait to add an OT would be a highly controversial one, but I fully expect it to happen this weekend. I think they like what they have and merely wish to add some competition. The good news? There are some fairly nice OT prospects slated to go in the middle rounds.

4) DT Vance Walker, Georgia Tech

As I said earlier, I think that in an ideal world, the Bills would add a DT much earlier, but this is a piss poor draft for DTs. If they miss out on Raji, they're better off waiting a while and just adding some much needed depth.

5) FS Curtis Taylor, LSU

6) TE Jared Bronson, Central Washington

7) OLB Robert Francois, Boston College

I normally wait until the night before or the morning of the draft to post one, but at this point, I don't see it changing given the top 10 picks. So, here it is, so everyone can see how badly I missed it once Saturday afternoon rolls around.

While I like Orakpo better then any DE in the draft how could you have us pass on T Eugene Monroe who's arguable the best and most NFL ready LT in the entire draft? Also I like Coffman too but he's got some injury concerns as does Ingram so if the Bills do go TE a guy like Beckum might be the safest pick in the 3rd.

While I like Orakpo better then any DE in the draft how could you have us pass on T Eugene Monroe who's arguable the best and most NFL ready LT in the entire draft?

Heh, oops.

Well, you can throw this mock draft out. I completely overlooked him and certainly, he's a top 10 pick as well.

You would really pass on Monroe? Wow.

I am all for a pass rush, but I am thinking that you absolutely must draft an OT who was good enough to keep Branden Albert at Guard if he falls to 11. If he is there at 7 or 8, I would be willing to give up a 3rd to move up for him.

Jmo.

You would really pass on Monroe? Wow.

I am all for a pass rush, but I am thinking that you absolutely must draft an OT who was good enough to keep Branden Albert at Guard if he falls to 11. If he is there at 7 or 8, I would be willing to give up a 3rd to move up for him.

Jmo.

Nah, I wouldn't. I screwed it up and completely left him off. This is one reason why I posted it a bit early, to see if I made any big mistakes. That was a BIG one.

That said, on second look, I don't think it'll impact player availability at 11 to any great degree. It'll probably just kick Oher out of the top 10 and I think the Bills would likely pass on him for Orakpo.

While I like Orakpo better then any DE in the draft how could you have us pass on T Eugene Monroe who's arguable the best and most NFL ready LT in the entire draft? Also I like Coffman too but he's got some injury concerns as does Ingram so if the Bills do go TE a guy like Beckum might be the safest pick in the 3rd.

Beckum has injury concerns as well and small hands. :huh: To him