Buffalo Bills' Cap Room Heading Into Draft Weekend

H2o

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/...as-of-april-22/

I'm surprised Philly still has that much money to throw around after siging Peters to his deal.

Philly doesn't pay anybody and it's more than ironic that they acquired a player who wanted a new deal with 3 years left. Philly has at least one of those guys every year. Last year it was Lito Sheppard and Brian Westbrook. This year it's Sheldon Brown and maybe Shawn Andrews and they already let Brian Dawkins (who is nearly akin to God in Philly) walk away over a relatively small amount of money. They had TO, they had Ricky Watters. they had Duce Staley. The list of players who have been unhappy and wanted new deals with multiple years left is huge.

Philly will be 20 - 30 million under the cap. They ALWAYS are and they get killed for it around here.

Sorry, if Off-Topic, but:

Who bombed Pearl Harbor ? :-(

Note avatar, John Belushi from the film Animal House. Mr. Belushi's character, John "Bluto" Blutarsky, goes on a psychotic rant about halfway through the film and poses the question "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?? Hell no!"" To which another character, Otter, turns to a 3rd character, Boon, and says quizzically "Germans??" to which Boon replies, "Forget it, he's rolling." At this point, the scene cuts back to Mr. Belushi's rant where he continues on for several more lines in a rather comedic sort of fashion. It was a terribly funny bit of cinema.

A clip of the aformentioned comedic jocularity

Now, Michael. You are apparently from Germany so you can be excused for not being completely up to speed on legendary 1970's American comedic films. Rest assured that we are all aware that neither you nor your countrymen had any role to play in the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The Germans of that period were far to busy plotting and executing other various and assorted Final Solutions to bring the Luftwaffe all the way around to the back side of the planet to bomb an island. They might have thought of it, but at some point along the way the agreed "Hell, if we want to bomb an island England is like right there! <high fives all around the table>".

So long as we are on the subject, I should reassure you that we are all aware that this clip does not actually depict Adolf Hitler and the subtitles are a gross misrepresentation of his true feelings regarding the Bills and Terrell Owens, in particular. Were he living today, we could only assume that der Fuhrer would have approved of the TO signing for it's brilliant propaganda value.

Speaking for all of my fellow University graduates, particularly we who have degrees in History, I that hope I've cleared up a few things for you this evening and hope that you'll bring any of your future misunderstandings to our attention for immediate remediation.

Note avatar, John Belushi from the film Animal House. Mr. Belushi's character, John "Bluto" Blutarsky, goes on a psychotic rant about halfway through the film and poses the question "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?? Hell no!"" To which another character, Otter, turns to a 3rd character, Boon, and says quizzically "Germans??" to which Boon replies, "Forget it, he's rolling." At this point, the scene cuts back to Mr. Belushi's rant where he continues on for several more lines in a rather comedic sort of fashion. It was a terribly funny bit of cinema.

A clip of the aformentioned comedic jocularity

Now, Michael. You are apparently from Germany so you can be excused for not being completely up to speed on legendary 1970's American comedic films. Rest assured that we are all aware that neither you nor your countrymen had any role to play in the bombing of Pearl Harbor. The Germans of that period were far to busy plotting and executing other various and assorted Final Solutions to bring the Luftwaffe all the way around to the back side of the planet to bomb an island. They might have thought of it, but at some point along the way the agreed "Hell, if we want to bomb an island England is like right there! <high fives all around the table>".

So long as we are on the subject, I should reassure you that we are all aware that this clip does not actually depict Adolf Hitler and the subtitles are a gross misrepresentation of his true feelings regarding the Bills and Terrell Owens, in particular. Were he living today, we could only assume that der Fuhrer would have approved of the TO signing for it's brilliant propaganda value.

Speaking for all of my fellow University graduates, particularly we who have degrees in History, I that hope I've cleared up a few things for you this evening and hope that you'll bring any of your future misunderstandings to our attention for immediate remediation.

Thank you. I did not know this was from a comedy film. Sadly i we have here right now not evening....we have here 9 o clock in morning... ,-) So i think we have to talk about betters things than about the Nazi-a**holes from 60 to 70 years ago. I saw the Video with the reactions from Mr. Hitler about the signing from T. Owens. ;-) I also saw the original film..but this was not so funny.

I would have thought we would have much more than that.

Well,

DT Kyle Williams $2.385M - $1.245 Million this year.

WR Josh Reed $2.525M - $2.025 Million this year.

WR Roscoe Parrish $2.45M - $3 Million this year including bonuses.

LB Kawika Mitchell $2.6M

DE Ryan Denney $2.4M

QB Ryan Fitzpatrick $1.8M

C Geoff Hangartner $1.9M

WR Terrell Owens $6.5M

WR Lee Evans $9.87M - Base of $9 Million this year.

DE Aaron Schobel $6.5M - $3.5M salary guaranteed.

G Derrick Dockery $5.85M - Saves $450,000 on cap with release.

OT Langston Walker $5M - $5M is cap figure as well.

DE Chris Kelsay $5.6M

OT Jason Peters $4.1M - $2.95M against cap if traded.

TE Robert Royal $2.23M - May be released to open up money.

CB Terrence McGee $4.37M - Last year of contract; may get re-done.

S Donte Whitner $5.05M

DT Marcus Stroud $3.5M - He may also ask for new deal after trade last year.

DT Spencer Johnson $3.5M

DT John McCargo $1.83M - Last year of deal; will be released.

Also, you guys, isn't Philly one of those teams that plays around with the cap like Minnesota started doing a number of years ago? I guess clump would be a better person to answer this question, but I think it involved front loading contracts, the way bonuses were handed out and squeezing all cap space out before the start of any given year to make room for the next season.

don't forget they just signed STROUD to a large extension(4yr/$28 mil). added WR Terrel Owens (1yr/$6.5 mil) , RB Dominic Rhodes, OL Seth McKenney, DB Drayton Florence(2yr/$7 mil), LB Pat Thomas, OL Goeff Hangartner, QB Ryan Fitzpatrick