Could San Francisco screw us again??

Say that LB Aaron Curry does indeed fall to pick #10 and San Francisco is on the clock. Could they screw us over agian by picking a LB that we might be interetsed in picking like they did with Patrick Willis a couple years ago?? This guy has pro bowl written all over him for many years. Thoughts?

I don't think any team picking in the top 10 makes their decision just to spite another. That's wetawded.

San Fran and Cincy routinely screw us because they both routinely do worse than us each season, with needs that are eerily similar to ours.

:rolleyes:

They lose more on purpose just to screw with BUF. Sssh...it's supposed to be a secret that is worked out at the league meetings during March.

Someone who is expected to be taken in the top ten will drop to us. It happens every year. The question is, what player will that be?

This Curry talk started with PFW's Nolan Nawrocki's Mock Draft from Friday. He and others argue that teams view Curry as a much better fit as a 4-3 linebacker. Supposedly he has little proven pass rush ability (I haven't checked) and is therefore less valuable to a team playing a 3-4. Between that and other teams in the top ten having greater needs, and linebacker not being a position of great value in the top ten, Nawrocki and others feel there's an argument that Curry will drop.

I don't necessarily buy it but Curry and Crabtree are prominently mentioned as players dropping out of the top ten as are one of the top three tackles and possibly Raji. To a lesser extent Sanchez although his stock is rising at the moment.

Again, someone will drop, who will that be?

Say that LB Aaron Curry does indeed fall to pick #10 and San Francisco is on the clock. Could they screw us over agian by picking a LB that we might be interetsed in picking like they did with Patrick Willis a couple years ago?? This guy has pro bowl written all over him for many years. Thoughts?

I was thinking along the same lines earlier today, not specifically with Curry but for the best player that we could draft at that position. I remember SCREAMING (manly scream mind you) when they took P. Willis before us. I still think to that pick and wonder what could have been.

Someone who is expected to be taken in the top ten will drop to us. It happens every year. The question is, what player will that be?

This Curry talk started with PFW's Nolan Nawrocki's Mock Draft from Friday. He and others argue that teams view Curry as a much better fit as a 4-3 linebacker. Supposedly he has little proven pass rush ability (I haven't checked) and is therefore less valuable to a team playing a 3-4. Between that and other teams in the top ten having greater needs, and linebacker not being a position of great value in the top ten, Nawrocki and others feel there's an argument that Curry will drop.

I don't necessarily buy it but Curry and Crabtree are prominently mentioned as players dropping out of the top ten as are one of the top three tackles and possibly Raji. To a lesser extent Sanchez although his stock is rising at the moment.

Again, someone will drop, who will that be?

I have also heard that he is poor in pass coverage, so would not be an every down player. I have no idea if this is true, but have heard it from several analysts. If it is true, a lb that is not good at pass rushing and cannot cover should not be a top 10 pick. I think if he makes it past Kansas City he could fall. I would not be surprised however if someone then traded up ahead of San Fran and Buffalo to get him. Saturday should be fun.

FWIW, since 2000 (last 9 drafts), only 7 linebackers have been taken in the top ten. They are:

Keith Rivers

Jerod Mayo

A.J. Hawk

Ernie Sims

Terrell Suggs

LaVar Arrington

Brian Urlacher

I still think Curry joins them. If he doesn't it would be awfully hard for the Bills not to take him. Of course the Bills like so many other teams would love to trade down. Hopefully they have a dance partner.

Those bastards! ... yeah ... they screwed us good didn't they!!! How dare they take a good player at a position they needed in front of us ... WTF!!! They're all out to get us!!!

this thread just shows how immature you all are. This topic has nothing to do about them taking Curry to spite us. Nor does it blame them. Nor does it say they have no right. He is just saying they may take curry right before us.

Jesus Christ, learn to read.

this thread just shows how immature you all are. This topic has nothing to do about them taking Curry to spite us. Nor does it blame them. Nor does it say they have no right. He is just saying they may take curry right before us.

I think it's fair to say they screwed us even if it wasn't intentional. Willis was THE player I was hoping they'd take from the draft and he was taken 1 pick before us. That's getting screwed (even if there is no spite).

Just a typical day on the wall.

I think it's fair to say they screwed us even if it wasn't intentional. Willis was THE player I was hoping they'd take from the draft and he was taken 1 pick before us. That's getting screwed (even if there is no spite).

Back in '91, I (and reportedly the Bills as well) REALLY wanted Ted Washington. The Bills had the 26th pick, the 9'er's had 25 AND GUESS WHO THEY TOOK? :rolleyes: