Favorite HBO Character

Lee Otis M C

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm sitting here watching HBO, and it got me thinking who my favorite character through out all of their shows. Say within the last 5-10 years. There's Larry David, Mr. Italian Soprano, Richard Winters in Band o Brothers, etc. But after all of this treacherous thinking, I believe that The Sherpa, Season 1, Entourage is by far the best HBO character in recent years :oops: . Any thoughts?

OMAR The wire

In no particular order:

Gary Shandling (one of the best

ever!! :oops: )

Claire Fisher

Nate Fisher

David Fisher

Brenda Chenowith

Billy Chenowith

Margaret Chenowith

Tony Soprano

Carmella Soprano

Meadow

Richie Aprile

Ralph Cifaretto

Adriana La Cerva

Silvio Dante

Paulie Walnuts

Janice Soprano

Livia Soprano

Larry David

Suzie Green

Wanda Sykes

If Omar Little doesn't make your list, you're an uncultured bastard.

Lest we forget:

Jay Landsman

Bubbles (already mentioned)

Prop Joe

Brother Muzzone

-and-

Frank Sobatka

That's right, I went Wire and Wire only.

I've always liked Prop Joe... it's damn impressive how he was on top for such a long time.

Too many to really mention but some one's that immediate thought of were Nate Fisher, Murray Hewitt from Flight of the Conchords, the Crypt Keeper and if go back really far Martin Tupper from Dream On. I excluded Larry David as he's really not a character but a real person playing a version of himself. As a result I also had to exclude Jemaine Clement.

Tony Soprano...best character in television history...move over Mr Spock...I don't think any other character was written and acted with such depth...

After Tony, it goes Arthur ("Larry Sanders"), and Christopher Moltisanti

That wasn't HBO, it was Showtime.

Johnny Drama

Hank Kingsley

Arthur

Al Swearengen

Kenny Powers

Glad to see all the "Larry Sanders" love in this thread...I have been dubbing all the episodes on to dvd for my sister (she is sick) the last few weeks, and the show stands up so well. It is my all-time favorite comedy. What a great cast. You just forget how many great bit players there were... Arthur could give Al a run for his money in the cursing department....