Updated Mock

Well, after trades a few signings I've looked at the draft again and I can see quite a few interesting scenarios going down on Saturday. The first being Top 10 trades. The word around town is that 7 of the top 10 teams are willing to trade down in this draft including Detroit, KC, and Jacksonville. I don't blame them, there really isn't very many elite prospects in this draft and teams don't want to pay top dollar for average to good prospects. It boils down to how bad a team wants a specific player and if they are willing to move up to get him.

Trade Possibilities:

I'm looking for Washington to either trade out of the 1st round for salary cap reasons, or in a more Dan Snyder type of fashion to move up and grab Mark Sanchez at 8.

Look for Dallas to try to find a way into the 1st round, possibly at 20 with Detroit

KC is looking for a trade at 3, which team is going to bite for Aaron Curry?

The Draft:

If we stay away from trades for this mock, here is how I see things panning out:

Pick # Team Player Position College

1 Lions Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

2 Rams Jason Smith OT Baylor

3 Chiefs Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

4 Seahawks Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

5 Browns Brian Orakpo DE Texas

6 Bengals Andre Smith OT Alabama

7 Raiders Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

8 Jaguars Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

9 Packers BJ Raji DT Boston College

10 49ers Mark Sanchez QB USC

11 Bills Aaron Maybin DE/LB Penn State

12 Broncos Tyson Jackson DE LSU

13 Redskins Michael Oher OT Mississippi

14 Saints Chris Wells RB Ohio State

15 Texans Everette Brown DE/LB Florida State

16 Chargers Rey Maualuga LB USC

17 Jets Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland

18 Broncos Brian Cushing LB USC

19 Buccaneers Josh Freeman QB Kansas State

20 Lions Robert Ayers DE Tennessee

21 Eagles Knowshon Moreno HB Georgia

22 Vikings Percy Harvin WR Florida

23 Patriots Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State

24 Falcons Clay Matthews LB USC

25 Dolphins Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

26 Ravens Vontae Davis CB Illinois

27 Colts Evander Hood DT Missouri

28 Bills Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State

29 Giants Eben Britton OT Arizona

30 Titans Kenny Britt WR Rutgers

31 Cardinals Donald Brown RB Uconn

32 Steelers Max Unger OL Oregon

Surprises:

Andre Smith apparently is still held in high regard by a lot of teams and even with his pre draft problems will still probably be taken in the top 10.

Malcolm Jenkins could very well slide to the late parts of the round and right into New Englands lap

The Falcons will have a tough time deciding between Pettigrew and Matthews, but defense will probably prevail here

Best Value:

Bills getting Pettigrew late would be the best value pick of the 1st round. However, in reality they may have to trade up with Atlanta or higher to get him

Eagles getting Knowshon Moreno, arguably the best RB in this draft at 21

Patriots getting Jenkins at 23:

Reaches:

The Bucs taking Freeman is going to be a reach, but then again, I thought the same with Flacco last year.

Saints taking Wells at 14 is a huge reach, but they really need a big back to compliment Reggie Bush.

Matt Stafford with the first pick is the biggest reach in the draft, don't be shocked with Detroit to play it safe and grab Jason Smith or Aaron Curry instead.

Well, after trades a few signings I've looked at the draft again and I can see quite a few interesting scenarios going down on Saturday. The first being Top 10 trades. The word around town is that 7 of the top 10 teams are willing to trade down in this draft including Detroit, KC, and Jacksonville. I don't blame them, there really isn't very many elite prospects in this draft and teams don't want to pay top dollar for average to good prospects. It boils down to how bad a team wants a specific player and if they are willing to move up to get him.

Trade Possibilities:

I'm looking for Washington to either trade out of the 1st round for salary cap reasons, or in a more Dan Snyder type of fashion to move up and grab Mark Sanchez at 8.

Look for Dallas to try to find a way into the 1st round, possibly at 20 with Detroit

KC is looking for a trade at 3, which team is going to bite for Aaron Curry?

The Draft:

If we stay away from trades for this mock, here is how I see things panning out:

Pick # Team Player Position College

1 Lions Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

2 Rams Jason Smith OT Baylor

3 Chiefs Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

4 Seahawks Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

5 Browns Brian Orakpo DE Texas

6 Bengals Andre Smith OT Alabama

7 Raiders Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

8 Jaguars Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

9 Packers BJ Raji DT Boston College

10 49ers Mark Sanchez QB USC

11 Bills Aaron Maybin DE/LB Penn State

12 Broncos Tyson Jackson DE LSU

13 Redskins Michael Oher OT Mississippi

14 Saints Chris Wells RB Ohio State

15 Texans Everette Brown DE/LB Florida State

16 Chargers Rey Maualuga LB USC

17 Jets Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland

18 Broncos Brian Cushing LB USC

19 Buccaneers Josh Freeman QB Kansas State

20 Lions Robert Ayers DE Tennessee

21 Eagles Knowshon Moreno HB Georgia

22 Vikings Percy Harvin WR Florida

23 Patriots Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio State

24 Falcons Clay Matthews LB USC

25 Dolphins Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

26 Ravens Vontae Davis CB Illinois

27 Colts Evander Hood DT Missouri

28 Bills Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State

29 Giants Eben Britton OT Arizona

30 Titans Kenny Britt WR Rutgers

31 Cardinals Donald Brown RB Uconn

32 Steelers Max Unger OL Oregon

Surprises:

Andre Smith apparently is still held in high regard by a lot of teams and even with his pre draft problems will still probably be taken in the top 10.

Malcolm Jenkins could very well slide to the late parts of the round and right into New Englands lap

The Falcons will have a tough time deciding between Pettigrew and Matthews, but defense will probably prevail here

Best Value:

Bills getting Pettigrew late would be the best value pick of the 1st round. However, in reality they may have to trade up with Atlanta or higher to get him

Eagles getting Knowshon Moreno, arguably the best RB in this draft at 21

Patriots getting Jenkins at 23:

Reaches:

The Bucs taking Freeman is going to be a reach, but then again, I thought the same with Flacco last year.

Saints taking Wells at 14 is a huge reach, but they really need a big back to compliment Reggie Bush.

Matt Stafford with the first pick is the biggest reach in the draft, don't be shocked with Detroit to play it safe and grab Jason Smith or Aaron Curry instead.

I don't see Sanchez lasting to ten.

I don't see Sanchez lasting to ten.

He fits in the category of who's going to trade up and take him. I see him 4th at the earliest 12th at the latest. Most likely trade there is Jacksonville trading out to San Fran or Denver

I wouldn't be all that surprised to see Curry go #1 instead of Stafford. Apparently Culpepper has come into training camp having lost a bunch of weight and looks pretty good. That along with the Lions Defense being in desperate need for a playmaker makes me think they could switch it up at the #1!

How do you not have the Bills taking an O-lineman in the first round after we lost our entire left side?

The chance is very good that they take an O-Tackle at 11, if they don't trade up even to get the guy they want.

If for some reason they can't trade and that player is not there, they will take one at 28. (Britton or Beatty maybe)

Write it down.

How do you not have the Bills taking an O-lineman in the first round after we lost our entire left side?

The chance is very good that they take an O-Tackle at 11, if they don't trade up even to get the guy they want.

If for some reason they can't trade and that player is not there, they will take one at 28. (Britton or Beatty maybe)

Write it down.

Typically I would, but here's what I'm looking at. Oher is the only LT on the board at 11 and I'm not a big fan of his. Thinking he might be another Mike Williams with his soft demeanor and questionable work ethic. I thought about Britton at 28, but with Pettigrew there he would be too much to pass up. Beatty has a chance of being on the board at their next pick.

Now, another reason why I didn't take an OLineman is because, do you honestly think the Bills would have given up Peters and Dockery if they intended on replacing them with a pick? That's not a good idea. I think their gameplan is to go out pick up a couple playmakers early then fill depth. Besides Kendall Simmons is still a viable free agent option and Waters is still a trade possibility.

Write that down

Of course it would be nice, but I can't see Pettigrew making it to 28....outside of an injury or character flaw that hasn't been publicized, there really isn't a chance of it. If they get lucky and he falls that far, Atlanta will scoop him up.

Typically I would, but here's what I'm looking at. Oher is the only LT on the board at 11 and I'm not a big fan of his. Thinking he might be another Mike Williams with his soft demeanor and questionable work ethic. I thought about Britton at 28, but with Pettigrew there he would be too much to pass up. Beatty has a chance of being on the board at their next pick.

Now, another reason why I didn't take an OLineman is because, do you honestly think the Bills would have given up Peters and Dockery if they intended on replacing them with a pick? That's not a good idea. I think their gameplan is to go out pick up a couple playmakers early then fill depth. Besides Kendall Simmons is still a viable free agent option and Waters is still a trade possibility.

Write that down

We will see on Saturday.

Of course it would be nice, but I can't see Pettigrew making it to 28....outside of an injury or character flaw that hasn't been publicized, there really isn't a chance of it. If they get lucky and he falls that far, Atlanta will scoop him up.

Neither do I, like I said, truthfully we would probably need to trade up with or just past Atlanta to get him. However, with the mock, I had Atlanta focusing on defense.

I see one of the three top OT's slipping to us at 11. One of the Smiths or Monroe. I would be surprised to see Pettigrew last to 28, but at 28 and if he's still there...good choice. If not..a Defensive End or another O lineman..maybe a center.

Gotta shore up that O-line or we aren't going anywhere.

I see one of the three top OT's slipping to us at 11. One of the Smiths or Monroe. I would be surprised to see Pettigrew last to 28, but at 28 and if he's still there...good choice. If not..a Defensive End or another O lineman..maybe a center.

Gotta shore up that O-line or we aren't going anywhere.

Yeah there's always the possibility of someone slipping and in this draft that could mean good things. Andre Smith could slip, but I'm not sure how much I want him. Monroe could slip, but I doubt it as he's in a close race with Jason Smith for the top overall OT. However, good news for the Bills is that Orakpo could fall with all the Crabtree talk in Cleveland which could shake things up.