Anyone catch Sirus NFL radio about 10:45 this morning?

I've banged this drum on other threads. For all who think peters should have sucked it up and taken one for the team until his most recent agreement played out let me ask you this. If you got a promotion at work would you not rightly expect a raise commensurate with the position??? Now take into account a player at you old job of lesser stature is making more money than you. Tell me you wouldn't be pissed. The one thing I have against Peters is reporting out of shape and unmotivated, but the Bills are responsible for this transgression as much as Peters for allowing the situation to develop. What did they do with the money they saved from what should have been JP's new contract???? Nothing I can see.

This arguement is total horseschitt. You are justifying Peters acting like a complete !@#$. The Bills pay their players. They paid Dockery and Walker big jack because they were free agents...a.k.a: they had leverage. Peters should not have signed a 5 year deal if he wanted to test the market.

That said, the right way to proceed was: 1) tell Brandon you'd like a new deal, 2) show up for OTA's and camp. Two things could have happened: 1) He gets a new deal in 2008, or 2) Wait and get a new deal in 2009. You know what he did instead. Apparently you think that's the way you conduct yourself. I'd hate to meet your kids.

PTR

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to do with Peters how?

Try and stay on topic.

Try to having some reading comprehension. This is what the OP stated...

"After the interview, Jim Miller observed that if Peters wanted to be paid like the best LT in the NFL, he should have earned it on the field, meaning show up for work in 2008. Miller also said that if Peters had done that, there was no question in his mind the Bills would have made Peters a wealthy man. But Miller added he understands the Bills "100%" over what they felt they had to do. How can you reward a player who played as badly as Peters did in 2008 (Miller: "32nd ranked LT in the NFL in 2008") and was as disprespctful to the team and players as Peters was?"

This is what I said about that...

"Jim Miller was a failure as an NFL QB and is currently a major shill and excuse-maker for Dick Jauron and Co. I have Sirius NFL radio and have had more than enough of his warped way of thinking regarding the Bills.

Here's a question. How can you reward a head coach who coached as badly as he has since he's come to Buffalo? Oh that's right, according to that former scrub QB none of it was his fault. His buddy got his extension and that is all that matters. Everyone else is an ungrateful jerk."

JIM MILLER IS BIASED!!!! That WAS the F#%KING POINT! The OP was using him as if he had an unbiased opinion that meant something when the complete opposite is the case. He's got a major hard-on for both Jauron and the Bills' front office. Is that too nuanced for you?

Someone was trying to use what Jim Miller says as if it was profound when the guy is and has always been a hugely biased Jauron and Bills front office supporter. The guy sucked as a QB and sucks just as badly as an NFL radio host.

Yes, it was unprofessional for Peters to not stay in shape. That's very fair to bring up. But these guys are not robots, and not everyone is going to do things the right way. But unless you're an organization not named the Buffalo Bills, you also don't cut off your nose to spite your face. Until Peters proves he was just in it for the money and craps out in Philly, I will still believe that had the Bills just given him the money prior to the '08 season he would be still considered hands down the best LT in the game. Time will tell.

I'm almost ready to move on in the hopes that the Bills sign Henderson and Brooks then draft Ayers at#11 and either Mack or Unger at #28, the best OL in the 2nd and then Cornelius Ingram in the 3rd.

Sorry i gotta call bs here. It is his job to stay in shape. Just like it is my job to be a student and my dads job to a consultant. If i dont do well i fail out of school, if my dad doesnt do well he gets fired, if Peters shows up out of shape he gets cut (or a big contract from a stupid team)

The blame falls on Peters here. if he showed up in shape and had a legitimate pro bowl season there is no doubt in my mind they would have given him a nice hefty contract. But he didnt and the players that did (Evans, Stroud, Shobel) got their contracts re-done.

Sorry, but I disagree with you. The Bills were doing their best to wrap a deal with Lee Evans last year. Peters was not returning anyone's phone calls from the front office last year, so he was being a douchebag. At least 6 players got rewarded for their hard work, Peters would of had another deal but he decided to play hard ball.

OK ... if a team can negotiate with only one player at a time ... and also if a player who wants more money really and truly ignored the phone calls of the only people who can give him more money ... then I agree with you.

But I think you are oversimplifying things a bit. There is no reason the Bills could not have worked with Peters while also working with Evans. The deals were not mutually exclusive. And again, I am not condoning the way Peters handled it, but it happens in the NFL, guys hold out. You have to play ball with them sometimes ... you pick your spots. And IMO, the All-Pro left tackle is a spot I would have picked.

The blame falls on Peters here. if he showed up in shape and had a legitimate pro bowl season there is no doubt in my mind they would have given him a nice hefty contract. But he didnt and the players that did (Evans, Stroud, Shobel) got their contracts re-done.

Except Peters showed up in shape and had a legitimate pro bowl season, in fact all-pro seaso, the year before and they did not offer him a new deal. Kelsay had never done that ... I am not saying Peters is not to blame, he definitely escalated this thing to the point of a trade ... it didn't have tocome to this. But the Bills are also to blame for not being pro-active and paying him like a Pro Bowl LT instead of a middle-of-the-road right tackle after 2007. They tried to milk a cheap year out of the guy and got burned.

Sorry i gotta call bs here. It is his job to stay in shape. Just like it is my job to be a student and my dads job to a consultant. If i dont do well i fail out of school, if my dad doesnt do well he gets fired, if Peters shows up out of shape he gets cut (or a big contract from a stupid team)

We don't know for sure if he was told that they'd only redo the deal if he'd play out the '08 season. They told the media that they wouldn't talk to him unless he came in, but I happen to think it was made clear to him he'd have to play out the '08 season first. The Bills were being penny-wise and pound foolish if that indeed was the case. As I said before, time will tell who was taken to the cleaners in the trade. As for Miller, the guy is nothing but a shill for Jauron and the Bills FO. He was talking a lot of smack about Peters yesterday and didn't have the balls to tell him he thought he should be the 32nd ranked LT last season in the interview today.

Except Peters showed up in shape and had a legitimate pro bowl season, in fact all-pro seaso, the year before and they did not offer him a new deal. Kelsay had never done that ... I am not saying Peters is not to blame, he definitely escalated this thing to the point of a trade ... it didn't have tocome to this. But the Bills are also to blame for not being pro-active and paying him like a Pro Bowl LT instead of a middle-of-the-road right tackle after 2007. They tried to milk a cheap year out of the guy and got burned.

Good point, however if you will recall Peters tore up his groin pretty bad at the end of 07 an injury which if severe enough can cause a permenent loss of explosivness and core strength. Based on his play in 08 I would say this might have been the case although we won't know for sure untill he shows up in shape for otas and either reverts to all pro level or continues to regress. I for one don't blame the FO for wanting to make sure this was the same all pro as in 07 before the injury before coughing up the loot.

We don't know for sure if he was told that they'd only redo the deal if he'd play out the '08 season. They told the media that they wouldn't talk to him unless he came in, but I happen to think it was made clear to him he'd have to play out the '08 season first. The Bills were being penny-wise and pound foolish if that indeed was the case. As I said before, time will tell who was taken to the cleaners in the trade. As for Miller, the guy is nothing but a shill for Jauron and the Bills FO. He was talking a lot of smack about Peters yesterday and didn't have the balls to tell him he thought he should be the 32nd ranked LT last season in the interview today.

When the Bills asked Peters to show up, they didn't mean show up out of shape the day before the season started. If Peters comes to OTA's and camp he'd have a deal. By pulling the crap he did he basically told the Bills what he thought of them. Not smart negotiation if you ask me.

PTR

When the Bills asked Peters to show up, they didn't mean show up out of shape the day before the season started. If Peters comes to OTA's and camp he'd have a deal. By pulling the crap he did he basically told the Bills what he thought of them. Not smart negotiation if you ask me.

PTR

I agree 100%. I can't understand why some seriously deranged posters can come to the conclusion that rewarding this behavior by making the slug the highest paid LT in the NFL would be a good idea. Hell, after learning more about his dumbass attitude, I think even the boatload they were offering him would have been too much.

I would have gone to him before he even had a chance to hold out and tried to do right by the guy. He was an All-Pro left tackle beinig paid like a middle-of-the-raod right tackle. But they didn't, and he had to ask for more ... so at that point I would have paid him the $8 or 9 million he would have taken last spring when he sat out of minicamp. The guy makes all-pro, you make him your highest paid O-lineman and one of the top paid left tackles in the league and you move on, even if you did just re-do his deal a year ago. The circumstances changed. He won that round. Lesser players have held out and won against better teams. And if he doesn't live up to it or gets old and is overpaid, you cut him. That's the way the league works.

I said in my first post, I don't have a big problem with the trade NOW, they did the best they could with a horrible situation. I was just saying they deserve some blame for creating that horrible situation. Everyone is railing on Peters and calling him stupid and fat and lazy and cracking wise about how he'd be working in a convenience store in Arkansas if not for the Bills, as if that is relevant and as if the Bills were somehow the innocent victims. They had a couple chances to make him happy before he became a fat, lazy, locker room cancer and they didn't do it. Once he became those things, yeah, they did the best they could.

you'd almost think darcy regier was the bills gm too!