Drafting Offensive Lineman

bluenews

Since 1987 (22 draft classes) the Buffalo Bills have only drafted (3) THREE Offensive Lineman in the first or second round. With two #1's and one #2 it will be very interesting how committed the Buffalo Bills are the offensive line.

2002 1st Round Mike Williams

1995 1st Round Ruben Brown

1992 1st Round John Fina

Something gotta give!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a good chance we grab 1 or 2 this year. Alex Mack will be sitting there at the #28 pick, and i firmly believe we will take a LT with our #11.

there is no need to waste top picks on the OL. As you note, the Bills have flourished for the last 15 years with castoffs and has beens.

The Bills are set with Chambers, Walker and Bell at the tackles.

Obviously if they drafted a OT, one of these fine young studs would have to be cut.

The Bills have also added 2 quality interior lineman to upgrade from last year. Hangartner and McKinnie may not be well known but the Bills front office has been awesome at finding these diamonds in the rough that other teams have somehow overlooked.

The Bills will be looking DB to cover themselves when McGhee becomes a cancer this year and wants an extension - the nerve wanting to be paid after his contract expires

there is no need to waste top picks on the OL. As you note, the Bills have flourished for the last 15 years with castoffs and has beens.

Obviously if they drafted a OT, one of these fine young studs would have to be cut.

The Bills have also added 2 quality interior lineman to upgrade from last year. Hangartner and McKinnie may not be well known but the Bills front office has been awesome at finding these diamonds in the rough that other teams have somehow overlooked.

The Bills will be looking DB to cover themselves when McGhee becomes a cancer this year and wants an extension - the nerve wanting to be paid after his contract expires

<_<

<_<

Wow.

:devil:

There is a good chance we grab 1 or 2 this year. Alex Mack will be sitting there at the #28 pick, and i firmly believe we will take a LT with our #11.

I would be extatic if we got a top LT and then Alex Mack in the 1st Round. We could then get the best available DE in the 2nd. If Johnson, Ayers, or Barwin fell to us in the 2nd we would be sitting pretty. Ayers in the 2nd especially <_<

I can't help but think that if Andre Smith is there at 11, the Bills will take him. And I'm cool with that.

Pro Football Weekly's 2009 Draft Preview compares Andre Smith to Mike Williams, :devil:, and Shawn Andrews. I would runaway far away from this guy. If they take him then my hopes for this season will be completely dashed. I'd rather see them take a DE here and then an OT with their next pick. Eben Britton should still be there and I'd rather have him than Smith.

If praise God, <_< , Jason Smith is still available or maybe Eugene Monroe I'd grab one of them but if not I'd wait til the second pick. JMO

Since 1987 (22 draft classes) the Buffalo Bills have only drafted (3) THREE Offensive Lineman in the first or second round. With two #1's and one #2 it will be very interesting how committed the Buffalo Bills are the offensive line.

2002 1st Round Mike Williams

1995 1st Round Ruben Brown

1992 1st Round John Fina

Something gotta give!

Right.

Since 1996 the Bills have drafted 16 O-linemen that I counted. Nine (9) in the

sixth or seventh rounds. The Bills personnel guys are historically so bad at O-linemen, if I were Ralph, I

would tell my daughter or whoever is making these picks to just:

1. Cut out the pictures of the top 10 O-linemen at each position from any highly rated scouting services publication.

2. Glue them to a wall. The same wall preferably.

3. Draw straws to see who gets to throw the dart.

4. If you miss the wall, you don't draft an O-lineman that round.

5. If a lineman you have glued to the wall is taken by another team, he comes off the wall.

6. If a lineman you hit with a dart is selected by the Bills, he comes off the wall.

7. If the draft is still going and you still have pictures on the wall, keep throwing darts.

8. If all the pictures come off the wall, and the draft is still on the television, you draft someone else, that's NOT a DB.

2006 - Buffalo Bills

Rd Sel # Player Position School

5 143 Brad Butler T Virginia

7 216 Terrance Pennington T New Mexico

7 248 Aaron Merz G California

2005 - Buffalo Bills

4 122 Duke Preston C Illinois

6 197 Justin Geisinger G Vanderbilt

2004 - Buffalo Bills

7 207 Dylan McFarland T Montana

2003 - Buffalo Bills

5 151 Ben Sobieski G Iowa

2002 - Buffalo Bills

1 4 Mike Williams T Texas

7 215 Mike Pucillo G Auburn

<_<

But, a couple people on this board posted on my thread just yesterday that the Bills don't draft many DBs?

<_<

But, a couple people on this board posted on my thread just yesterday that the Bills don't draft many DBs?

<_<

Not true again SoCal. Ramius, the Bandit, and I were pointing out (statistically) that the perception that the Bills draft DBs much more than other NFL teams is not accurate. They draft very slightly more DBs than average, but the perception on this board...perpetuated by some people...is that the Bills pick way more DBs than any other team.

Accuracy=Credibility