Veteran LT

I was so much hoping that the Bills would be able to land Everette Brown at 11. It looks almost certain that they'll pick up a tackle there, now. How about picking up a veteran LT....and using our picks on DE, LB, and TE? Does it make sense to do so? Are there any really good LT's out there that have a couple more years of good play left in the tank? Because, I think they need to be solid this year. It wouldn't take a pro-bowler to out perform Peter's play the last few seasons.

I was so much hoping that the Bills would be able to land Everette Brown at 11. It looks almost certain that they'll pick up a tackle there, now. How about picking up a veteran LT....and using our picks on DE, LB, and TE? Does it make sense to do so? Are there any really good LT's out there that have a couple more years of good play left in the tank? Because, I think they need to be solid this year. It wouldn't take a pro-bowler to out perform Peter's play the last few seasons.

We could have had Orlando Pace for 5M a year.

No. You got Walker on the right side who is probably gonna shift over to LT. He is the vetran you speak of. Then maybe Bell plays RT. Draft a LG in round 2. To me you have a very good young line. Bell could develope and replace Walker at LT in a year or two. Then you could or should have drafted a RT. Or if he is not excellent you use a first rounder on a LT after you have seen if Bell lives up to his potential.

No. You got Walker on the right side who is probably gonna shift over to LT. He is the vetran you speak of. Then maybe Bell plays RT. Draft a LG in round 2. To me you have a very good young line. Bell could develope and replace Walker at LT in a year or two. Then you could or should have drafted a RT. Or if he is not excellent you use a first rounder on a LT after you have seen if Bell lives up to his potential.

Oakland let Walker go because his lateral movement, for a RT, wasn't very good. Now you're throwing him on the left side and that's going to work? He'll need plenty of TE support, meaning one less guy to get the ball. Just so fans know, the LT generally handles the other team's best pass rusher. Mario Williams, Joey Porter, John Abraham, Peppers, Freeney, Vandenbosch, and others will feast on Walker.

Demetrius Bell has played exactly 0 games in the NFL and didn't dress for many last year. He's far from a sure thing, and yet he's being talked of as the starter. Chambers got killed in the away NE game last season, Hangartner is a career backup, and Butler is injury prone.

Heckuva starting OL. Of course, they'll blow a first on an OT to replace the guy traded today.

Oakland let Walker go because his lateral movement, for a RT, wasn't very good. Now you're throwing him on the left side and that's going to work? He'll need plenty of TE support, meaning one less guy to get the ball. Just so fans know, the LT generally handles the other team's best pass rusher. Mario Williams, Joey Porter, John Abraham, Peppers, Freeney, Vandenbosch, and others will feast on Walker.

Demetrius Bell has played exactly 0 games in the NFL and didn't dress for many last year. He's far from a sure thing, and yet he's being talked of as the starter. Chambers got killed in the away NE game last season, Hangartner is a career backup, and Butler is injury prone.

Heckuva starting OL. Of course, they'll blow a first on an OT to replace the guy traded today.

[/quote

Hangartner started last year for Carolina and was a numbers game for them.

People are high up on Bell that actually know something about him ie the Bills coaches and FO.

Butler has shown he can play RG well. Injuries are a part of football. they did just bring in a vetran to help back up the middle of the line in McKinney.

Walker/Chambers did a very solid job last year filling for Peters. The guy who held out and was out of shape.

And LG will need to be filled in the draft. I will remain optimistic. You can remain your way.

We can sit back and piss all over Peters now since he's gone, but damn it, we get lucky and get a guy with talent who was an undrafted FA, and again we let him go.......

I'm sorry, but at a minimum, the Bills should have gotten Philly's 21st and more than a 4th (3rd minimum). They get a get someone who can step right in and perform at a high level (Peters second and third years with the Bills proved that) and what do the Bills get? At best an unknown quantity who is likely a year or two away from being any real help, and that's if they're lucky and finally hit on a draft choice.

They already dumped Dockery, who was better suited as a grunt than a zone blocker and miss-used, but what do the Bills have to replace him? The frigging O-Line is back to zip. 60% of the line will be new this year. That's just frigging great! Just great!

Pissed? Yeah, that describes it well, but maybe I should calm down since we have such an excellent HC and staff....Oh what a minute, we still have Jauron and his cronies......

Ralph, you screwed the pouch you old turd. You should have sold the team the day you fired Polian. Damn it......