Drew Willy in late round?

Wonder if Drew will come to the bills as a late round hometown guy? Remember Drew Haddad? The Bears according to the Chicago Sun-Times were at the UB workout. Interesting to see what other UB guys might get a call in the late rounds.

Willy got a lot of compliments on his arm and presence in the pocket. I won't be surprised to see him get drafted in the 6th or 7th round, or sign a free agent contract with a team at the worst. It would be fun to have him in camp this summer in Pittsford, and see him battle for the third spot - the Bills have made worse late round picks and have signed worse free agents for training camp in the past!

Not only do I think he'll get drafted, I also believe he was a bad International Bowl performance away from being a possible 5th round pick.

What were his numbers again? I think 26 TDs and 5 pics headed into the IB, with 2,600 or so yards (could be off on that) and a QB rating in the 130s or so (remember, QB rating system is different in College).

He can throw the deep ball and is about 6'-4" 215lbs.

Should he start? No

Should he be a high draft pick? No

However, he does seem to have everything you need in this league and some numbers to back it up.

Good luck, Drew.

Not only do I think he'll get drafted, I also believe he was a bad International Bowl performance away from being a possible 5th round pick.

What were his numbers again? I think 26 TDs and 5 pics headed into the IB, with 2,600 or so yards (could be off on that) and a QB rating in the 130s or so (remember, QB rating system is different in College).

He can throw the deep ball and is about 6'-4" 215lbs.

Should he start? No

Should he be a high draft pick? No

However, he does seem to have everything you need in this league and some numbers to back it up.

Good luck, Drew.

waiting for the fans to scream bloody murder and ask for edwards head, and that the bills should sign willy because he's a winner, now where have i seen this before? :thumbsup:

waiting for the fans to scream bloody murder and ask for edwards head, and that the bills should sign willy because he's a winner, now where have i seen this before? :thumbsup:

Oh, Ish, I'm not saying we should pick him up, I'm just saying someone should and he could be worth the late round investment and 2-3 year project as a practice squad or 3rd string player.

...um, and yes, what you suggested probably will happen. :D

Is Willy a Bills fan? It would be a great pickup and story, as a later-round pick.
Doubt it - he's from Randolph, NJ.

He was already interviewed on WFAN and said he grew up a Jests fan. There was some talk of the Jests looking at him too. Drew is a rare 4-year starter in college football so he has a lot of seasoning. Of course he;ll have to adjust to the NFL game and no one is saying he's the next Joe Montana but I see him a solid backup and potential starter. A guy who does not make mistakes and knows how to manage a game. I'd love to see him on the Bills. Then let's draft WR Naaman Roosevelt and RB James Starks in 2010.

PTR

He was already interviewed on WFAN and said he grew up a Jests fan. There was some talk of the Jests looking at him too. Drew is a rare 4-year starter in college football so he has a lot of seasoning. Of course he;ll have to adjust to the NFL game and no one is saying he's the next Joe Montana but I see him a solid backup and potential starter. A guy who does not make mistakes and knows how to manage a game. I'd love to see him on the Bills. Then let's draft WR Naaman Roosevelt and RB James Starks in 2010.

PTR

JETS FAN????? He can rot in hell.

PTR

Jets fan... BOO THIS MAN!