Maybe the Bills are seriously considering Pettigrew...

SKOOBY

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now thats a well thought out response VOR. Do you have a ridiculous defense planned out in case the Bills draft him? Something like, no one actually saw Pettigrew hit that cop so we know it didn't happen. Then you repeat it 1000 times as if it will magically have any value each time. For the record I have said repeatedly on many threads that I don't think Lynch or Whitner are thugs. I dont think Pettigrew is either.

I find it's much easier to accept the mistakes of young people and take it in stride. Mistakes come with the territory and we have all made them. Some of these guys need to grow up in a hurry, though.

You on the otherhand, are the parent who goes rushing into school screaming at everyone before even hearing a story. The constant homer, who denies everything and comes up with bizarre scenarios of cop corruption. To you a Bill can do no wrong. Anyone who thinks a guy might have screwed up is a hater or a bad fan. It's easier for you to deny all wrong doing and bury your head in the sand. This is a flaw. Relax buddy, these players are going to screw up again.

Actually buddy, I learn all the available facts and then make my conclusion. In all our discussions on Lynch, I never once said that he shouldn't have been nailed for the gun. I had a problem with the claim that the cops found pot, but couldn't (be bothered to) charge him for it. Hence the reason I said it was an excuse. And since he's never failed a drug test, why should I believe that even if there was pot, that he was smoking it, or care that he was smoking it, as long as he comes up clean in tests?

And I don't have to go far to find examples of corrupt cops, or even non-corrupt but overzealous cops. Hell just a couple weeks later, we were treated to the Ryan Moats incident! But yes, I do need usually need evidence before I convict someone. Just making a claim or being arrested isn't enough proof. And that was what I was trying to get at (sarcastically) with my post about not drafting Pettigrew. I think you knew what I meant, but maddog sure didn't.

Actually buddy, I learn all the available facts and then make my conclusion. In all our discussions on Lynch, I never once said that he shouldn't have been nailed for the gun. I had a problem with the claim that the cops found pot, but couldn't (be bothered to) charge him for it. Hence the reason I said it was an excuse. And since he's never failed a drug test, why should I believe that even if there was pot, that he was smoking it, or care that he was smoking it, as long as he comes up clean in tests?

And I don't have to go far to find examples of corrupt cops, or even non-corrupt but overzealous cops. Hell just a couple weeks later, we were treated to the Ryan Moats incident! But yes, I do need usually need evidence before I convict someone. Just making a claim or being arrested isn't enough proof. And that was what I was trying to get at (sarcastically) with my post about not drafting Pettigrew. I think you knew what I meant, but maddog sure didn't.

I got ya VOR. I don't have a problem with your approach to these player arrests. Sometimes I just disagree with your view of the incident. The full truth, will never be known to any of us anyway. Even though we disagree on these matters, I find your football posts to be great. We share alot of the same point of views in regards to the team. Go Bills B-)

I got ya VOR. I don't have a problem with your approach to these player arrests. Sometimes I just disagree with your view of the incident. The full truth, will never be known to any of us anyway. Even though we disagree on these matters, I find your football posts to be great. We share alot of the same point of views in regards to the team. Go Bills B-)

Sorry VOR. I completely missed the sarcasm.

Its not about being a reach......it is about being smart and finding a way to accumulate more picks and still getting him.......

There are people talking about him being available in the 2nd.....I dont mind taking him in the 1st but if whe can accumulate another 3rd?

There are people talking about him being available in the 2nd?

There are also people who eat library paste.

Pettigrew is a thug. He shouldn't be drafted by anyone. B-)

Have you interviewed him?

I'll take the word of those who have over yours. If the Bills think he's a thug, don't draft him. But I don't think they do. The incident was outside a club in a big melee, a rhubarb, a set-to, a donnybrook ... oh, sorry, got synonym fever there ... and he forearmed or pushed a cop in the chest.

Anyone who gets arrested is a thug.

I'm a thug? Damn.

A few years back, I was arrested. Spent three hours in the hoosegow. Never got sent to the big house, though. Turned out that my license had been revoked, and they sent the notifications that it would happen to an old address. Never knew about it till I got pulled over.

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologize to all the members of this board for all my thuggish propensities. Excuse me while I go flagellate myself.

If he is the guy they want, I don't care if they take him at 11 or 20.

He's rated highly by all sources. He would not be a reach at 11. I think it is hilarious how many of you closet draft experts cry about a buy being a reach. If he comes in and starts, who in the hell cares if he went 11 or 20 ? If the Bills could guarantee a trade down and still get the guy they want thats fine, otherwise I want them to identify their man and take him. I would be thrilled with Pettigrew at 11.

I have to agree with this thinking. I'm ready to do a 180 on my thinking with what the Bills should do with their 1st pick. I've been of the mindset that it should be a DE, most likely Maybin, but getting the best player at their position is starting to be more sensible and attractive, especially that we could stand to bolster the TE position and Pettigrew's skill sets seem to favor our type of offense.

Two of the three years they were able to trade up and obtain their desired player. The exception was last year when they were unable to make a trade to get Devin Thomas. The giants rejected their offer.

This is interesting. Believe it or not I haven't heard anything about this whole scenario. Could you shed more light on that situation? Thank.

I can see drafting Pettigrew with the first pick (even at 11, although a trade down would be ideal, although not likely), because as a double-threat at TE, he'll be like an extra OL. I just hope that if they do go that route, they have a good DT/DE identified with their 2nd round pick. And then a LB'er with their 3rd.

Taking BP and a guard in round 2 will solidify our offense and allow the Bills to draft nothing but defense in the rest of the '09 Draft. At the worst our offense should be good enough to make up for whatever flaws the defense might have. We can't solve every roster problem in one year.