Awesome Vampire Flick!

ajzepp

Yep, I haven't seen them, but I heard that the Japanese version of both those films were far better than the American ones.

The original Grudge (Ju-On) is 10x better than the remake.

I've heard that the original Ring (Ringu) is better as well, but haven't seen it yet.

I've heard the books are very good, but I got suckered into watching the film and absolutely hated it.

The books suck, according to my wife. She read them all in 3-4 days, and she doesn't understand WHY she's reading them when she doesn't care for any of the characters. B-) She was debating about whether she should even read the latest one, but did it for completeness.

I whole heartedly second the recommendation. Unbelievably good movie. No sub-titles needed - it was dubbed in English very well.

Dubbed???? B-) If the movie is Danish you listen to it in Dane,.....if it's Japanese, you listen to it in Japanese. Swedish, then Swedish....etc.

DELIVERY & Inflection are key. Don't settle for some second rate american reading off of the page.

Dubbed???? B-) If the movie is Danish you listen to it in Dane,.....if it's Japanese, you listen to it in Japanese. Swedish, then Swedish....etc.

DELIVERY & Inflection are key. Don't settle for some second rate american reading off of the page.

You are so right. The only time dubbing is acceptable is in anime.

I've heard the books are very good, but I got suckered into watching the film and absolutely hated it.

A friend of mine read Twilight and absolutely hated it. He loves vampire stories, but he told me that Twilight is just about a 16 year old girl who meets this guy and the rest of the book is just about her gushing all about him.

Sounds exciting, huh?

I did see Twilight and thought it was ok, could've been shorter.

I do not see many foreign films, but I am always interested in a good horror flick.

A friend of mine read Twilight and absolutely hated it. He loves vampire stories, but he told me that Twilight is just about a 16 year old girl who meets this guy and the rest of the book is just about her gushing all about him.

Sounds exciting, huh?

I've listened to all of the twilight audio books. I download audio books that I listen to while I'm at the gym, and since I'm doing other things I prefer to have books with simple plots that I can zone in and out of without missing much. Twilight more than fit the bill.

I will say that the last book was actually entertaining, something I would recommend to someone as a fun throw-a-way book. The first one was downright horrible, and I'd put the rest in the "pretty bad" category. I really don't get how they caught on like they did.

For anyone that likes Vampire stories, I still don't think anything beats the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles. Still some of my favorite fictions books.

Hey, thanks. I love Vampire movies and have little use for the Anne Rice variety. Old Hammer Films are among my favorite. I also liked The Addiction quite a bit.

I have never seen Twilight, but for some reason, I have a feeling that it isn't my cup-o-tea.

I will check this out.

The original Grudge (Ju-On) is 10x better than the remake.

At least 10x better.

I've heard that the original Ring (Ringu) is better as well, but haven't seen it yet.

I'll vouch for this one as well. I watched it alone in my house at 3:00 a.m. while my family was, eerily enough, in Japan.

Extra bonus: at one of the scariest parts, a geji-geji ran across my floor and I nearly shat a kidney.

Hey, thanks. I love Vampire movies and have little use for the Anne Rice variety. Old Hammer Films are among my favorite. I also liked The Addiction quite a bit.

I have never seen Twilight, but for some reason, I have a feeling that it isn't my cup-o-tea.

I will check this out.

Christopher Lee. Best Dracula ever. Certainly the most frightening.

Dubbed???? :thumbsup: If the movie is Danish you listen to it in Dane,.....if it's Japanese, you listen to it in Japanese. Swedish, then Swedish....etc.

While I agree voice delivery are important, I cannot see the facial expressions & screen on-goings with the same intensity if I am reading the sub-titles. This was a problem when I saw 'Tell No One' and would have appreciated an English track. I think the dubbing was quite good for Let the Right One In.