Awesome Vampire Flick!

ajzepp

I've been wanting to see this one since I first heard about it a few months ago. Watched it this morning at around 330am. Forget that "Twilight" crap that's all the rage, check out this one instead: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lat_den_ratte_komma_in/

*Disclaimer: If you are ADD and only like the fast paced, action style vampire flicks, then don't even bother. This movie is deliberately paced, and very appropriately so. It's a film lover's style vampire flick...and it has subtitles.

Here's the red band trailer: Let the Right One In

I've been wanting to see this one since I first heard about it a few months ago. Watched it this morning at around 330am. Forget that "Twilight" crap that's all the rage, check out this one instead: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lat_den_ratte_komma_in/

*Disclaimer: If you are ADD and only like the fast paced, action style vampire flicks, then don't even bother. This movie is deliberately paced, and very appropriately so. It's a film lover's style vampire flick...and it has subtitles.

I whole heartedly second the recommendation. Unbelievably good movie. No sub-titles needed - it was dubbed in English very well.

{Spoiler likely}

ajzepp, I took away that the relationship between the two ends up being a symbiotic one rather than a love story. Oskar takes the place of her old caretaker. It is really quite beautiful - both need each other for different reasons. I think far too many have confused the relationship to be a romantic one. What do you think ?

Looks very creepy. When does it come out here? Won't do well here because most can't deal with sub titles. Looks good though

Edit: Ok Netflix has it. Moved it too #1. Thanks for tip on the movie

Looks very creepy. When does it come out here? Won't do well here because most can't deal with sub titles. Looks good though

Come out ? It was released in the theaters a while back and is now out on DVD, Blu Ray and Netflix streaming. And yes, it did not 'do well' commercially but that has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. Speaks more about the quality of the audience. The movie is dubbed.

By the way, another good import is Tell No One

Come out ? It was released in the theaters a while back and is now out on DVD, Blu Ray and Netflix streaming. And yes, it did not 'do well' commercially but that has nothing to do with the quality of the movie. Speaks more about the quality of the audience. The movie is dubbed.

By the way, another good import is Tell No One

Thanks fic. Figured it out. <_<

They're actually re-making it for American audiences, set to be released (tentatively) in 2010. Hopefully they won't completely ruin it, and whoever gets their palms on it will stay true to the novel and the first adaptation. Not a whole heckuva lot wrong with this film!

FiC: I would definitely agree with that take...I've been thinking about it a LOT since it ended, and I think this is one of my favorite films of the past year for sure. There are a lot of themes to ponder here, and I think your take on the symbiotic thing is the same way I see it. I thought the ending of the film (last 15 mins, in particular) were fantastic!

They're actually re-making it for American audiences, set to be released (tentatively) in 2010. Hopefully they won't completely ruin it, and whoever gets their palms on it will stay true to the novel and the first adaptation. Not a whole heckuva lot wrong with this film!

FiC: I would definitely agree with that take...I've been thinking about it a LOT since it ended, and I think this is one of my favorite films of the past year for sure. There are a lot of themes to ponder here, and I think your take on the symbiotic thing is the same way I see it. I thought the ending of the film (last 15 mins, in particular) were fantastic!

Usually I like the original foreign movies better than the American remakes. ie The Grudge and The Ring

Usually I like the original foreign movies better than the American remakes. ie The Grudge and The Ring

Yep, I haven't seen them, but I heard that the Japanese version of both those films were far better than the American ones.

I'm already expecting to hate the re-make of this one, lol

I've been wanting to see this one since I first heard about it a few months ago. Watched it this morning at around 330am. Forget that "Twilight" crap that's all the rage, check out this one instead:

I'll try to give it a look see.

Don't underestimate Twilight though (the books at least). My wife is a HS librarian and those books, much like Harry Potter, have taught a multitude of kids that reading is OK. Enjoyable even.

I'll try to give it a look see.

Don't underestimate Twilight though (the books at least). My wife is a HS librarian and those books, much like Harry Potter, have taught a multitude of kids that reading is OK. Enjoyable even.

I've heard the books are very good, but I got suckered into watching the film and absolutely hated it.

Very well executed climax, especially the swimming pool scene. I hope this movie is not re-made.

Very well executed climax, especially the swimming pool scene. I hope this movie is not re-made.

Totally agree, man...that was definitely the best part of the film! And I hope they don't mess with a re-make, either....I just know they'll screw it up <_<

Hey, I'm slightly ADD and I still enjoyed it. :o Very well done, I agree!

I still don't understand the hype for Twilight. That movie was horrible! They main character guy wasn't even very cute. <_<

Rotten Tomatoes is the best film review site