Anybody here use the P90x workout system?

el Tigre

I've heard nothing but positives and plan on trying it in the near future. I let myself go the last couple of years and I want to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 30 (August). I've been working on weight loss and rebuilding core strength before I jump into it. I need something to guide me because I get lazy trying to do things on my own. If I'm telling myself to do 10, I'll stop at 8. But someone else tells me to do it and I will.

I just wish it was sold in stores, I hate buying anything off an infomercial website.

I've heard nothing but positives and plan on trying it in the near future. I let myself go the last couple of years and I want to be in the best shape of my life when I turn 30 (August). I've been working on weight loss and rebuilding core strength before I jump into it. I need something to guide me because I get lazy trying to do things on my own. If I'm telling myself to do 10, I'll stop at 8. But someone else tells me to do it and I will.

I just wish it was sold in stores, I hate buying anything off an infomercial website.

You can buy it many places on-line, including Amazon, but I think it's cheapest on their site.

Beachbody.com is the best place for info. You can also go to http://forums.teambeachbody.com for forums of people using all of their products.

The system is excellent, but just everything else that gets you in shape, you have to be willing to put in the effort. P90X requires more effort than most. The workouts are intense and the diet is very structured. Without the correct diet, you won't see the results that are possible. IMO, it's the best thing on the market, but again, it's not in any way shape or form a gimmick. It's just plain old hard work and good diet, something the vast majority of people are not able to keep up for long.

You can buy it many places on-line, including Amazon, but I think it's cheapest on their site.

Beachbody.com is the best place for info. You can also go to http://forums.teambeachbody.com for forums of people using all of their products.

The system is excellent, but just everything else that gets you in shape, you have to be willing to put in the effort. P90X requires more effort than most. The workouts are intense and the diet is very structured. Without the correct diet, you won't see the results that are possible. IMO, it's the best thing on the market, but again, it's not in any way shape or form a gimmick. It's just plain old hard work and good diet, something the vast majority of people are not able to keep up for long.

I saw it on Amazon but it's more expensive. Some people complain they haven't received everything included when they ordered from them too.

I'm basically doing the diet already. Outside of some minor tweeks, that won't be a problem. Once I get in the mindset I'm good to go, it's just having someone tell me exactly what to do everyday that I need, and I can't afford a personal trainer.

You know, I've never met anyone who had the cabbage to waste on that thing. Looks like Lance Armstrong's torture device.

It has to be one of the more bizarre things I have seen. But, it's only $15 grand!

:wacko: