NFL teams using Facebook to investigate draft prospects

bills44

doggonit, but what if I told you I loved the way you ordered me around, then would you remember. :thumbsup:

No, then I'd be POSITIVE you didn't know me back then. :nana:

Amusingly, in light of this thread, someone just sent me a friend request claiming to have been a high school classmate of mine. This, despite that surname never appearing in any of the six yearbooks I pulled off the shelf to check, and the fact that the three coworkers (and classmates) I asked tonight had never heard of him, either.

Nice try, "Sam." Better luck next time.

i'm guessing you didn't really need to pull the yearbooks out to solve that mystery :thumbsup:

Amusingly, in light of this thread, someone just sent me a friend request claiming to have been a high school classmate of mine. This, despite that surname never appearing in any of the six yearbooks I pulled off the shelf to check, and the fact that the three coworkers (and classmates) I asked tonight had never heard of him, either.

Nice try, "Sam." Better luck next time.

Ah, yes---those six years of high school.....

As my fellow alumnus Jester points out, 7th-9th grade = junior high, 10th-12th = senior high. And because I skipped a grade, I graduated at 17. Thanks for your concern, though.

so 2009

People who we do not know who they are investigating people who they think they know who they are in a fantasy world of facebook.

Sounds like the Bills

Bills have been living in a fantasy world for many years :devil:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArDt...o&type=lgns

Apparently, teams are using phony profiles (which are deleted after the draft) to further investigate potential draftees. While I think this is shady, I can't figure out why people who have a public or semi-public profile (no pun intended) would sign up for sites like this. Just seems that they have everything to lose and very little to gain.

I don't know if it's shady or not, but employers everywhere are doing this now.