Fred Jackson

um ya. look at his last game against NE. he was terrific. Lots of Fast freddie and maybe some Omon...

Jackson is a very good change of pace back and a third down back. He reminds me of a Warrick Dunn. He has great hands and is a comeptent runner. No one knows how he would do being the everydown back. I do believe the Bills will wait till some rounds of cuts have been made during preseason, to pick up a trusted Vet to help Jackson. Omon has shown nothing to me but that he can fumble the ball on a regular basis. Three backs would not be a bad idea. Especially since Lynch has missed time for injuries the last two years and now this year a suspension.

Freddie is a fine player. He has started games before and had good success on the field so it is non sense to say that he can only carry the ball 20 times. In addition, Dick Jauron doesn't want to wear out his running backs. So maybe 20 carries is all that he would need anyway.

You all will find out if Jackson is for real because he will start the first few games this year. We can all see with our own eyes and be convinced one way or another.

Freddie is a fine player. He has started games before and had good success on the field so it is non sense to say that he can only carry the ball 20 times. In addition, Dick Jauron doesn't want to wear out his running backs. So maybe 20 carries is all that he would need anyway.

You all will find out if Jackson is for real because he will start the first few games this year. We can all see with our own eyes and be convinced one way or another.

Why do we need to wait? Jackson started in three games, last year (not back-to-back, though). In the last game of the season, against NE*, he had 27 carries (136 yards) and 1 reception. He had double digit carries (more than a typical role player) in five games, last year. In his 130 carries, last year, he averaged 4.4 yards per carry.

If there are people who still don't think Jackson is a legit NFL back, or is capable of starting some games, they aren't paying attention. With that said, the Bills need someone to give Jackson a breather, just like Fred does for Marshawn.

IMO, Marshawn is a better RB than Jackson, but having to use Fred for a few games isn't a disaster, and shouldn't be a reason the Bills lose. He'll do fine.

I can't believe I'm seriously responding to jblack23's post, but here's a question to maybe start an intelligent discussion- how come we always draft players after the 3rd round and then the following year everyone pretends like they don't exist- ie. Derek Fine. Guy looked like he could be decent and now I hear people say, "OK we'll take care of DL, LB and OG in the first three rounds and then get a TE in the 4th." Didn't we just get a TE in the 4th last year? What makes you think a 4th rounder this year in an offense that seriously under-utilizes the TE position will be any better than Derek Fine was last year? And then I hear people say we might need to take a RB in the 4th round or so now. Didn't we just take Omon last year? Didn't he have like 5 carries last year? Why do we always assume this year's 4th round picks are gonna perform right away and just give up on last year's guys? Hopefully the Bills don't have that same mentality.

I can't believe I'm seriously responding to jblack23's post, but here's a question to maybe start an intelligent discussion- how come we always draft players after the 3rd round and then the following year everyone pretends like they don't exist- ie. Derek Fine. Guy looked like he could be decent and now I hear people say, "OK we'll take care of DL, LB and OG in the first three rounds and then get a TE in the 4th." Didn't we just get a TE in the 4th last year? What makes you think a 4th rounder this year in an offense that seriously under-utilizes the TE position will be any better than Derek Fine was last year? And then I hear people say we might need to take a RB in the 4th round or so now. Didn't we just take Omon last year? Didn't he have like 5 carries last year? Why do we always assume this year's 4th round picks are gonna perform right away and just give up on last year's guys? Hopefully the Bills don't have that same mentality.

That's an excellent post. My only response would be that this year's TE class is much deeper than last year's, so theoretically a TE in the 4th this year might be better than a TE in the 4th last year. But it's all speculation anyway. I'd still love to trade for somebody like Tony Scheffler as long as it wasn't any higher than a fourth rounder.

I guess Jackson is the man for the first three games whether he's good or bad. I was very impressed with him last year. I guess the unknown is the man who is going to spell him during the first three games. time for the back ups to really step up or to look for a little help in free agency? I'm sure Jackson's agent is loving this situation.

That's an excellent post. My only response would be that this year's TE class is much deeper than last year's, so theoretically a TE in the 4th this year might be better than a TE in the 4th last year. But it's all speculation anyway. I'd still love to trade for somebody like Tony Scheffler as long as it wasn't any higher than a fourth rounder.

I agree with all of that. this is supposed to be an excellent year for TE. If they go with Pettigrew in the 1st, it will be because he is considered to be a MONSTER. Otherwise, I have no issue with the adding on a little later, if they feel he brings exceptional value.

Schef would be my choice, too. This allows them more flexibility in the draft.

Jackson doesn't dance around the field, he hits the hole and goes. I feel comfortable with him in the game.

That's the problem with Lynch, he is too choppy of a runner. When he takes those

1 to 2 extra steps when he cuts, he's giving the D a chance to catch up to him.

Love Jackson and have no worries with him as the starter.