Let's see if this guy gets ostracized...

For example, I think the president's budget will lead to inflation or even possible bankruptcy for the nation.

He is unself-consciously hip. He is smart. He has self-confidence without being overly smug. He has married well and has two "perfect" daughters (his words, not mine).

Yeah, he's one confused mofo. We all know it's more important to be hip than it is to not bankrupt the country. :thumbsup:

A Republican I can't hate.

Here's hoping the GOP continues to ignore this sound, rational advice.

Ummmm, he likes the president. He just doesn't like what he's doing.

For example, I think the president's budget will lead to inflation or even possible bankruptcy for the nation. I understand the difficult choices that he has tried to make, and I understand the desire to get everything done right now. But governing is about choosing, and the system can't do everything at once.

I also disagree with his attack on the lobbying profession. Lobbying the government is protected under the Constitution, because what lobbyists do is petition their government on behalf of the people. Are there some lobbyists who are corrupt or crooked? Sure there are. But most lobbyists, like most politicians, do it the right way, and they serve a vital function of providing expertise to both the private sector and to the public sector.

Philosophically, I don't agree with the president. He is a collectivist, where I believe more in individual responsibility. He is a Keynesian, where I am a supply-sider. He is pro-choice. I am pro-life.

But otherwise...yeah. He's a swell guy. :thumbsup::rolleyes:

A Republican I can't hate.

Here's hoping the GOP continues to ignore this sound, rational advice.

Then here's another one you might be able to tolerate for a short period of time.

He is a true talent and performs with the best of them. You can like the man and disagree with his policies, but you're a fool if you underestimate him.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/09/rol...bama/index.html

He's OK until he says the current will make similar mistakes as the former.

Then here's another one you might be able to tolerate for a short period of time.

He is a true talent and performs with the best of them. You can like the man and disagree with his policies, but you're a fool if you underestimate him.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/09/rol...bama/index.html

He's OK until he says the current will make similar mistakes as the former.

Make no mistake. Conservatives don't underestimate him for a single minute. We're pretty confident he won't let us down.

"You can like the man and disagree with his policies, "

No...you CANT. Becuase Rush Limbaugh said exactly this...that he disagrees with his policies and hopes he is unsuccessful in implementing them and Obama, or should I say puppetmaster Rham unleased his thugs on the guy.

We have already see how this Administration takes critique. Get out of lockstep and youll be labeled as a heretic before you can mutter "Robert Gibbs."