Figure we should have a positive story

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/632072.html

"Athletes have a lot of causes to contribute to," said Doug Hendrickson, the California-based agent for Lynch, who was traveling from the West Coast and couldn't attend the news conference. "Marshawn realizes this is a very good event in Buffalo and they were looking for funding. He realizes the economy is down and unfortunately programs like this are the ones that suffer.

"Marshawn wanted to give back to Buffalo and be involved in something that is near and dear to him. Basketball is near and dear to him as well as kids. He thought it was a great opportunity to get involved along with Terrence to support an event that is important to the city."

"It is a good way to give back to the community," McGee said at the news conference. "It was a good way for me to do something that was going to help kids. I know drugs are a big thing in the U.S. Any time you can try to help kids, give them a brighter future and better chance to get off the streets, I'm there for you."

It really is a great event for the city and people of all ages, races, and genders take part. It was really in danger of getting cancelled this year.Since all we do is here all the negative stories about our players, it's nice to see a positive one. Good for those guys.

I respect McGee for his contribution---it seems genuine.

Lynch would have nothing to do with this if not for getting busted recently. Getting kids off the streets, eh?

And come on---- "Kids Escaping Drugs"? Is he a sponsor or an attendee?

Lynch would have nothing to do with this if not for getting busted recently. Getting kids off the streets, eh?

I guess understand you being cyncial. But I think Lynch is a pretty geniune person. his brother goes to school in WNY and he really does seem like a good guy. He just is hanging out with the wrong people. God knows I did a lot of stuff I'm not proud of when I was 22. Hell, i still do some of them now. :thumbsup:

Either way, Lynch is trying to reach out to the city and i respect him for that. Are you donating your time and money to anything?

:thumbsup:

Friggin classic!

I guess understand you being cyncial. But I think Lynch is a pretty geniune person. his brother goes to school in WNY and he really does seem like a good guy. He just is hanging out with the wrong people. God knows I did a lot of stuff I'm not proud of when I was 22. Hell, i still do some of them now. :thumbsup:

Either way, Lynch is trying to reach out to the city and i respect him for that. Are you donating your time and money to anything?

What do you know about Lynch? "He's just hanging out with the wrong people"? Really? Why is that? He has no control over who he associates with? He can't make simple adult decisions? Nonsense. This is exactly what he wants to do---he knows who these guys are that he hangs with. He knows all about them.

Yeah, we all did crazy stuff when we were young (although at 23, it's gettng a little old). But did you hit someone with your Porsche and refuse to cooperate with the police? Did you drive around in your Mercedes with your buddies smoking weed and get busted with loaded weapon in the trunk? You still doing this kind of stuff, eh?

Lynch should be spending weekends in Cali to work off his communtiy service, no?

I wish I had more time to donate. Instead, I give money.

That's one of my favourite things about Lynch. He seems to embrace Buffalo and enjoy being there and helping out the community. Great stuff.

And this is also why he will not be suspended. He already said he's really sorry, now he's reaching out to the community in one of the summer's most highly publicized events...

From The Buffalo News...

"They are really doing something pretty historic for the Gus Macker," Mayor Byron W. Brown said of McGee and Lynch at a news conference at New Era Cap headquarters. "Not only are they devoting some of their time, but they are putting up their personal dollars to support this event. It shows the kind of commitment that Terrence McGee and Marshawn Lynch have to the community and to the youth of the community."

"Athletes have a lot of causes to contribute to," said Doug Hendrickson, the California-based agent for Lynch, who was traveling from the West Coast and couldn't attend the news conference. "Marshawn realizes this is a very good event in Buffalo and they were looking for funding. He realizes the economy is down and unfortunately programs like this are the ones that suffer. Marshawn wanted to give back to Buffalo and be involved in something that is near and dear to him. Basketball is near and dear to him as well as kids. He thought it was a great opportunity to get involved along with Terrence to support an event that is important to the city."

link