My Trip Last Weekend Was Good

R. Rich

Even after 21 hours in my car, travelling over 1,250 miles, the weekend was good since I not only got to see the Bills win, but to see them score as they did and look pretty impressive on special teams too.

I started by driving from Baltimore to Rochester last Friday, to meet the WNYTBDGPS for the obligatory garbage plate. I had my usual: the Texas red hot plate, then later had a cheeseburger/hot dog combo plate or, as Rockpile calls it, the "R. Rich special" (hahahahaha!!!!!). Only Dan Gross and Rockpile were there, as I didn't arrive until 1:45pm or so. We ate and then hung out for a while. Well, Rockpile and I did, as Dan had to leave. I stayed there until about 4pm, then made my way back to Erie.

It was great to see Lori and Badolbilz again too. Lori and I spent a small amount of time agonizing over another horrible Penn State loss, then we had a Sam Adams Oktoberfest (I owe you one, Lori) and headed into the stadium shortly afterward. I was also happy to finally meet Bill from NYC. He's a nice guy, and he pays attention to our offensive line and to college football, two things I watch pretty carefully. Maybe I'll get to hook up with him and his NYC crew to watch a game sometime down the road.

The game was awesome! I loved seeing some offense for a change. McGahee looks pretty good. While he still doesn't have that burst of speed that made him so dangerous in his last year at Miami, he does look to be on his way to recovering fully from that horrible knee injury. I was one of those people here who didn't agree with drafting McGahee, with more pressing needs on the defensive and offensive lines, but he's coming along nicely. Even in the preseason game against Denver, I noticed that he doesn't look hesitant about taking contact. To the contrary, he's been running hard between tackles. The only thing so far is his speed isn't back yet, but as I said, he's getting better by the day.

After the game, I didn't stay at Lot 1, Pole 5 very long. I chatted with Lori, Bob Lamb, and Badolbilz for a short while, then my friend Mike and I left to go back to Erie. BTW, whoever it was who made the garlic potatoes over there, I want to say thanks. They were very good!

Here's some photos I took at the game. Enjoy.

Thanks for those pics, Rich. I really liked the photo of the dude wearing the WWF belt. Funny stuff. Glad you had good time and got to watch a game where we put some points on the board. I hope the weather warms up just a bit for the Mrs. when you head to the Pittsburgh game. (Yeah, I know...not likely...but I'm just sayin'...)

I started by driving from Baltimore to Rochester last Friday, to meet the WNYTBDGPS for the obligatory garbage plate.  I had my usual:  the Texas red hot plate, then later had a cheeseburger/hot dog combo plate or, as Rockpile calls it, the "R. Rich special" (hahahahaha!!!!!).  Only Dan Gross and Rockpile were there, as I didn't arrive until 1:45pm or so.  We ate and then hung out for a while.  Well, Rockpile and I did, as Dan had to leave.  I stayed there until about 4pm, then made my way back to Erie. 

Here's some photos I took at the game.  Enjoy.

98873[/snapback]

It was good to see you too Rich! I hung out as long as I could, but I had to get to a meeting. Would have been longer had you shown up on time. :D

And though through your omission you obviously must have loathed the time you spent with Rock and myself you could have at least commented on how good the plates were. :)

99342[/snapback]

Hasn't anyone ever told you that if you can't say something nice, it's better to not say anything at all? ;)