Rock the Vote

Only 10% of registered voters between 18-22 voted? Is this true? Did Hot Pockets release a new flavor yesterday? Where were they all?

98812[/snapback]

Same place as always..........anywhere but the polling stations.

rock the vote and vote or die might have made the libs feel good, but what it really did was motivate the real voters of America to get out and squash any attempt that they were making to effect the election.

see ya in 10 years or so when the affects of the crack, and extasy wear off.

Would it be fair to say that both parties worked on getting the young vote out, and given how many newly registered voters participated in this election, that they kept up with the older voters, percentage-wise?

I dunno'- just curious.

Im looking for it.

98850[/snapback]

Last night they reported that this age group represented 17% of the voters, exactly the same amount as last year. They actually were interviewing P. Diddy, of all people, and he kept talking about how great the youth movement was and how much progress they made...and the woman on NBC kinda was looking at him like "Ummm...Hey P. Did. You P. Didn't.

Dude...  you mean I missed it?

Um.. got to go... Hot Pockets are done... meatball & cheese you know.... can't wait

98862[/snapback]

The only way to get the yutes to vote is to allow them to vote by text messaging from their cell phone. If the election had an American Idol feel to it, you'd probably get a higher turnout.

As much as I enjoy bands like Dave Matthews, John Mellencamp, Bruce Springsteen, etc..., I just haven't been able to listen to them due to their biased activism in this campaign. Today I start listening to them again with a big smile on my face.

It was a good thing P Diddy had shades on last night during his interview on MSNBC. Otherwise the gangstas would have seen his tears upon news of a Bush victory and poor youth turnout.

Lastly, I hope this campaign marks the end of Ron Reagan Jr.'s stint as a political pundit. Back to the dog shows for him.

Last night they reported that this age group represented 17% of the voters, exactly the same amount as last year. They actually were interviewing P. Diddy, of all people, and he kept talking about how great the youth movement was and how much progress they made...and the woman on NBC kinda was looking at him like "Ummm...Hey P. Did. You P. Didn't.

98858[/snapback]

Then she's wrong. Record turnout for this election, and the youngens held their own. Everybody taking part in a "Get out and Vote" program, regardless of political affilliation, is a winner and has a right to be proud.

Hopefully this will become a trend and continue.

rock the vote and vote or die might have made the libs feel good, but what it really did was motivate the real voters of America to get out and squash any attempt that they were making to effect the election.

The rest of America never paid any attetion to these groups - just like they didn't care about them in 2000.

They were given the choice to Vote or Die, and the majority of them have chose to die.  They're not going to pay attention until after some of them are drafted.

98958[/snapback]

W said there wouldn't be a draft under his watch. One can only hope he backs that up, and given a GOP Congress, if he was sincere he will.

W said there wouldn't be a draft under his watch.  One can only hope he backs that up, and given a GOP Congress, if he was sincere he will.

98965[/snapback]

Unless I'm wrong, the only effort to bring back the draft was put forth by the Democrats. Fortuntately, a GOP run country will continue to squash the Democratic-backed efforts to reinstate the draft.

They were given the choice to Vote or Die, and the majority of them have chose to die.  They're not going to pay attention until after some of them are drafted.

98958[/snapback]

Pasta,Pasta, Pasta..

If the draft is what you are worried about you should be glad GWB won.

The DEMS are the ones who introduced legislation to reinstitute the draft..

The GOP called their bluff and soundly defeated it..

You know this right?