Would you trade Peters for Lions #1 pick?

You drink weed?

This has been a problem for teams with the number one pick recently. Nobody wants to trade up because it costs too much in draft picks and money. If the guy busts it will set a team back for years.

As for the Bills trading up they would lose the ability to draft enough guys to fill some holes just for one player.

At best, we end up with someone who we have to pay as much as Peters who probably won't be as good, or at least, is a much more significant risk than Peters. Pass.

so you just want to give in to Peters demands?

Senseless thread: the Bills want NOTHING to do w/ paying out the kind of $ that the #1 pick would command in up front money. Plus, there is no consensus #1 player that the Bills would feel that they just HAVE TO have. I suspect they may trade down, if they can get a dance partner.

Nope. The future is now and even if one knows that Peters is a flawed player, as its 50/50 that even a first round choice will work out overall there is simply too much risk that we would putting our TE investment in if we have a rookie guarding his blindside, that the one year we are guaranteed TO will be not be put to maximum usage while this rookie LT becomes a vet, and most important that Ralph is not guaranteed out years beyond this year:

We want to make the playoffs this year.

It is true that a 1st pick would allow us to get the best LT and there is a strong bias to truly elite players (which I define as those who demand a top 10 pick) being good. However, there are enough unanswered questions on this team that the concept of trading the way much of our draft as Ditka did for Rickey Williams does not seem like a good strategy.

So my answer is no. The draft is a great asset, but I have not drunk the Mel Kiper Kool-Aid so that I do not recognize that even the best rookies are not vets yet.

The problem with Bills fans is the unrealistic value they place on Bills players. Do you honestly believe Jason frickin' Peters is worth the #1 pick in the draft? The Bills have very few players that other teams would have any interest in. The list would be Stroud, Evans, possibly Lynch and Peters ( but not for the #1 pick in the draft). The rest of the Bills players are avg to below avg players that nobody has any interest in. Unless the Bills front office completely changes the philosophy of bringing in nobody free agents and drafting blindly, Bills fans are going to be watching the same boring talent-starved team.

I'd rather give in to Peters's demands for $11.5M per season then pay any of these rookies $12M per season. Or I'd rather trade Peters for multiple, lower picks.

Let 'em have #1 and its headaches. Give me Detroit's #20, #33, and #65 for Peters instead:

11 Buffalo Michael Oher OT Mississippi

20 Buffalo Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St

33 Buffalo Robert Ayers DE43 Tennessee

42 Buffalo Eric Wood OG Louisville

65 Buffalo William Moore FS Missouri

75 Buffalo Jonathan Luigs OC Arkansas

110 Buffalo Jonathan Casillas OLB43 Wisconsin

147 Buffalo Vance Walker DT43 Georgia Tech

183 Buffalo Otis Wiley SS Michigan State

220 Buffalo Worrell Williams ILB California

Mock draft Using DraftTek's Online Simulator

Let 'em have #1 and its headaches. Give me Detroit's #20, #33, and #65 for Peters instead:

11 Buffalo Michael Oher OT Mississippi

20 Buffalo Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St

33 Buffalo Robert Ayers DE43 Tennessee

42 Buffalo Eric Wood OG Louisville

65 Buffalo William Moore FS Missouri

75 Buffalo Jonathan Luigs OC Arkansas

110 Buffalo Jonathan Casillas OLB43 Wisconsin

147 Buffalo Vance Walker DT43 Georgia Tech

183 Buffalo Otis Wiley SS Michigan State

220 Buffalo Worrell Williams ILB California

Mock draft Using DraftTek's Online Simulator

I'm sure Detroit would rather get rid of #1 and keep its bevy of lower picks.

I'd rather have our #11 pick than the #1. The #11 pick goes for some where just north of $4 Million a year and you have to believe, based on last year, that this year's #1 will be north of $12 Million. $12 Million on an untested player, ya, you better believe I would be trying to trade that pick, unless we felt that we for sure had our future franchise player.