Jim Kelly on KTAR AM in Phoenix This Morning

BamBam

It was nice to hear Jim this morning while driving to work. He was on KTAR 620 with Doug and Wolf (Wolf being orchard park native and former NFL player Ron Wolfley)

Jim spoke very well about Hunters Hope and his reasons for being in Arizona to meet with the Gov about improving the number of dieses that they test for. Currently AZ is at 29 of 59, so he has some work to do.

He also spoke about the TO, and he feels that it was a good move. Said that the team needed to make the move after the fan backlash to the coaching staff being retained.

I also found it interesting he was asked about keeping the Bills in NY and while he spoke with much respect for Mr. Wilson he said the following; He (Kelly) has aligned himself with "someone" that has the same vision and means for keeping the team in WNY, and that when Ralph is ready to talk, he (Kelly) is ready to speak with him.

Any ideas on who he was speaking about? to hear the interview click on the link below. Great Interview...

Jim Kelly on KTAR 620

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard, from someone I believe, that the investors Jim has lined up are the Maloof bros.

I have heard that too, but it was a while back, and the insinuation was that they watned to buy an NFL team (Bills, Jags and Vikings were mentioned as most likely IIRC) and move them to Los Angeles. You know, if the Bills do move, I would almost rather it be to L.A. than to Toronto...

All in all, I think Golisano, for better or worse, is our best hope. He is very much invested in the WNY area, and the loss of the Bills would hurt his other business interests as well. That was his stated reason for buying the Sabres...losing the Bills would be really devastating in many ways, to WNY.

I have heard that too, but it was a while back, and the insinuation was that they watned to buy an NFL team (Bills, Jags and Vikings were mentioned as most likely IIRC) and move them to Los Angeles. You know, if the Bills do move, I would almost rather it be to L.A. than to Toronto...

All in all, I think Golisano, for better or worse, is our best hope. He is very much invested in the WNY area, and the loss of the Bills would hurt his other business interests as well. That was his stated reason for buying the Sabres...losing the Bills would be really devastating in many ways, to WNY.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why anyone in their right mind - and in the Buffalo region - would rather the team move to L.A. than Toronto!?! That's insane! Hey, it's easy to drive to Toronto, or take a train, or a bus trip, or boat, etc. But, L.A.???

Give me a break!

I'd rather them move to Toronto than: L.A., San Antonio, Oklahoma, etc.

I don't think they would. But with Jim being involved I don't see the team moving. Also, for all the flack we give it, the "regionalization" of the team makes it more attractive.

I agree that regionalizing it is the way to go. I could live with the team moving to Toronto, but that's a last resort.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why anyone in their right mind - and in the Buffalo region - would rather the team move to L.A. than Toronto!?! That's insane! Hey, it's easy to drive to Toronto, or take a train, or a bus trip, or boat, etc. But, L.A.???

Give me a break!

I'd rather them move to Toronto than: L.A., San Antonio, Oklahoma, etc.

I completely understand what you are saying... I am not in the Buffalo region (born and raised though!), but it is just the emotion kicking in.... to me it is sort of like your older brother running off with your girlfriend...