interesting proposal to split NY state

Should NY be split into 2 states?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should NY be split into 2 states?

• yes
    • no
    • unsure

Hey, did you get that from Man Vs. Food? That was last week's show. Adam Richman is SICK! :thumbsup:

Not that he's svelte or anything, but how does he eat all that crap and still fit in the frame?

Binge and purge.

Yeah & my guess is they probably have 20xs the expenses that all of Upstate have combined. Split the state up. I have been saying it for years. Our votes are meaningless in upstate NY. It is impossible for upstate to vote someone in that makes upstates needs a priority because there are not enough votes. Plus I read that 80% of the energy generated from Niagara Falls is sent to NYC. Why is it that even in the winter time I have a $100 bill for electricity. In the summertime with the pool going & the AC going sometimes it pushes $200. Why is that when we have one of the wonders of the world generating enough energy for everybody. Because it all gets shipped to that cess pool downstate. I do alot of work in NYC, & really see first hand the different ways of life & needs. NYC is too big & should be there own separate state.

Downstate has been sucking $ from upstate for decades. I knew someone interning in the State Legislature back in 1980 and he said then that upstate was self sufficient,and that downstate just sucks the rest of the state dry.

One thing to add to this hypothetical discussion is that it isn't just a matter of people within the state voting to split the state. It's certainly a constitutional issue. Here's an excerpt from the article pertaining to the states: link. The Upstaters might want to split the state, but it looks it take the consent of the NY state legislature and the congress. Getting the downstaters to agree to let their cash cow depart is going to be difficult.

One thing to add to this hypothetical discussion is that it isn't just a matter of people within the state voting to split the state. It's certainly a constitutional issue. Here's an excerpt from the article pertaining to the states: link. The Upstaters might want to split the state, but it looks it take the consent of the NY state legislature and the congress. Getting the downstaters to agree to let their cash cow depart is going to be difficult.

Eh...that's very easily rectified. All they need to do is put it in a bill called something like "The Bill to Make America More Better", and everyone will sign off on it.

Hey, did you get that from Man Vs. Food? That was last week's show. Adam Richman is SICK! :thumbsup:

Not that he's svelte or anything, but how does he eat all that crap and still fit in the frame?

yeah i did. I am making those burgers at home this week for dinner one night. I love that show. My girl adores Adam. If he ever comes to tallahassee i'm in trouble.

yeah i did. I am making those burgers at home this week for dinner one night. I love that show. My girl adores Adam. If he ever comes to tallahassee i'm in trouble.

He is awesome. If he ever comes to Rochester my wife is in trouble. Wait. Nevermind. Forget I said that.