Both games we played against NE last year were close...

SKOOBY

What is to stop you from creating dumb threads one minute apart from each other.

P.S. - did you watch any of those games last year? The Bills were never really in either game, as the score was much closer than the actual game. They owned the Bills on both sides of the ball.

What is to stop you from creating dumb threads one minute apart from each other.

P.S. - did you watch any of those games last year? The Bills were never really in either game, as the score was much closer than the actual game. They owned the Bills on both sides of the ball.

We couldn't score last season, that is going to change this year.

Calm down

or...

I'll have to come to Rochester and getcha...

:censored:

And wasn't the first game 20-3 deep into the fourth quarter, with the Bills scoring a garbage-time TD following a long kickoff return by McKelvin?

Here's a stat for you: did you know that the Bills have not scored more than one offensive TD in a game vs. New England since the 2003 season opener? The gory details, with all TDs listed:

2003, Week 17: NE 31, BUF 0

2004, Week 4: NE 31, BUF 17 -- 98-yd KO return, 41-yd Bledsoe-to-Moulds pass, 1 FG

2004, Week 10: NE 29, BUF 6 -- 70-yd punt return (xp missed)

2005, Week 8: NE 21, BUF 16 -- 55-yd Holcomb-to-Moulds pass, 3 FG

2005, Week 14: NE 35, BUF 7 -- 51-yd Losman-to-Reed pass

2006, Week 1: NE 19, BUF 17 -- 5-yd Fletcher fumble return, 18-yd Thomas run, 1 FG

2006, Week 7: NE 28, BUF 6 -- 2 FG

2007, Week 3: NE 38, BUF 7 -- 8-yd Lynch run

2007, Week : NE 56, BUF 10 -- 47-yd Losman-to-Parrish pass, 1 FG

2008, Week 10: NE 20, BUF 10 -- 14-yd Edwards-to-Hardy pass, 1 FG

2008, Week 17: NE 13, BUF 0

Some guy named Brady, maybe?

How many points did we score in that last NE game?

I believe we lost last year because our offense could not score any points...What has that got to do with Brady....Turk and Edwards need to figure out how to figure out the complex New England Defense. The best shot is to let the OL play man-to-man and open holes for Lynch and shorten the game. In that last game, Fred Jackson had a fantastic game...however, our line just could not punch it in.

We were out of both games against the Pats shortly after the opening kickoff last year. Since the they have made many more quality moves during the offseason than we have, what is going to make it different this year? One player cannot take one of the worst offenses in the NFL and turn it into a scoring machine.

2006, Week 1: NE 19, BUF 17 -- 5-yd Fletcher fumble return, 18-yd Thomas run, 1 FG

That 2006 game still rattles with that 4th and 1 call and then the ensuing 99 yard drive Brady put....The Bills were going to walk away from Foxboro with a season opening win.

And wasn't the first game 20-3 deep into the fourth quarter, with the Bills scoring a garbage-time TD following a long kickoff return by McKelvin?

Here's a stat for you: did you know that the Bills have not scored more than one offensive TD in a game vs. New England since the 2003 season opener? The gory details, with all TDs listed:

2003, Week 17: NE 31, BUF 0

2004, Week 4: NE 31, BUF 17 -- 98-yd KO return, 41-yd Bledsoe-to-Moulds pass, 1 FG

2004, Week 10: NE 29, BUF 6 -- 70-yd punt return (xp missed)

2005, Week 8: NE 21, BUF 16 -- 55-yd Holcomb-to-Moulds pass, 3 FG

2005, Week 14: NE 35, BUF 7 -- 51-yd Losman-to-Reed pass

2006, Week 7: NE 28, BUF 6 -- 2 FG

2007, Week 3: NE 38, BUF 7 -- 8-yd Lynch run

2007, Week : NE 56, BUF 10 -- 47-yd Losman-to-Parrish TD, 1 FG

2008, Week 10: NE 20, BUF 10 -- 14-yd Edwards-to-Hardy pass, 1 FG

2008, Week 17: NE 13, BUF 0

I guess these stats pretty much put to rest any of the theory of the opening thread here. I don't think Edwards will ever have the arm to air out the ball like Bledsoe could, or as much as J.P. could if he was given the chance for that matter. Considering that Lynch will more than likely be out at least one of the Patriot games (opener), that will only make it tougher to score.

That 2006 game still rattles with that 4th and 1 call and then the ensuing 99 yard drive Brady put....The Bills were going to walk away from Foxboro with a season opening win.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

...sigh...

I guess these stats pretty much put to rest any of the theory of the opening thread here. I don't think Edwards will ever have the arm to air out the ball like Bledsoe could, or as much as J.P. could if he was given the chance for that matter. Considering that Lynch will more than likely be out at least one of the Patriot games (opener), that will only make it tougher to score.

Not so sure that was entirely arm strength. For instance, Reed's TD was a spectacular display of broken-field running. (Of course, the score was 35-0 at the time, too.) The number of long TD passes -- and the almost complete nonexistence of red-zone scores -- tells me that the team was incapable of sustaining any sort of consistent offense. I'm not quite calling the 50-yarders "lucky," but ... hmm, on second thought, maybe I am.