Nice looking Mock Draft

Frez

I think I can get on board with that. Problem is: will Coffman be around that long?

This draft addresses our problem areas....but I don't think Coffman lasts until rd 3.

I really like the format of the "best case/worst case" lists for the first round players. I'd have more confidence in the actual content, though, if it spelled the players' names right.

Mark Sanchez: Best case: Carson Palmer Worst Case: Trent Edwards

:nana:

I really like the format of the "best case/worst case" lists for the first round players. I'd have more confidence in the actual content, though, if it spelled the players' names right.

haha yeah, pretty sure it's not "Algae" Crumpler...

Jared Cook has work out warrior written all over him.

You think so? Was he any good in college? I know he ran a 4.5, but I don't know much else about him except that he's more or less guaranteed to go in the second round now...

By the way, Pettigrew never makes it past Atlanta at #24 IMO.

Jared Cook has work out warrior written all over him.

I agree strongly with you. I hope he is no where near our radar of consideration. Other than his athleticism, what has he accomplished? Can anyone tell me?

Steve Spurrier has questioned his work ethic and toughness. He never lived up to expectations in college. He is considered by some as a "nonwilling" blocker.

Say no to Cook.

There are lots of other TE's in this year's draft who have good athleticism with productive college careers. He had average production in a Steve Spurrier offense. Why take a gamble on someone who didn't even have success in College who has been criticized by his own coach?

I think there is a good chance of Chase dropping a good deal. His injury has basically meant he hasn't been able to do any serious workouts for anybody and he's already considered a pretty one dimensional TE at this point.

WOW - just read some of the best/worst case for the prospects - I feel dumber for it. Apparently the worst case scenarios for most of the top 10 is that they'll only be extremely good football players rather than Hall of Famers... Malcolm Jenkins worst case scenario is that he'll end up like Antoine Winfield rather than Champ Baily? Wow. That list could be Exhibit A for the stupidity of sports coverage in this country.

My Pick at 11 if he was available would be Jeremey Maclin. What were we on offense 28th or 29th. We were 14th on defense. We need more Points. Pass rush would be nice points would be better.

Yes, 1st year Wide Receivers typically contribute so much to the team. :nana:

This team needs help on both lines, right now. The skill positions are in decent shape, at the moment.

I think I can get on board with that. Problem is: will Coffman be around that long?

I think so. I disagree with the mock author on one thing, Coffman may not have been asked to block much but when they asked he was just plain lousy at it.

I also suspect that the coaches weren't using him to block much because they saw he couldn't do it well.

Yes the thing that differentiates this draft is the best case/worst case column which I like. However besides the misspellings I think most of the examples they give are not very good.

For instance Everette Brown is 6'2" and 260 lbs. For best case they compare him to Mario Williams who is 6'6" and 283 lbs. The only thing these two have in common is the position they play. Size-wise and stylistically they couldn't be any different.

Also using players like Jeff Otah and Phillip Merling for comparison is silly. Both of these players were rookies last year.

As for the draft itself, many mocks have Brown and Unger as our first two picks. Nothing new there.

This draft addresses our problem areas....but I don't think Coffman lasts until rd 3.

Per this board Eric Wood C from Louisville will be there in the third. I would take him ahead of Coffman. There are other TE's in the 4th and 5 rounds that could meet our needs.

Unger can play any line position actually projects as a Tackle

Wood can start or act as depth at C or G.

I like drafting 3 linemen with our top three. picks.

Per this board Eric Wood C from Louisville will be there in the third. I would take him ahead of Coffman. There are other TE's in the 4th and 5 rounds that could meet our needs.

Unger can play any line position actually projects as a Tackle

Wood can start or act as depth at C or G.

I like drafting 3 linemen with our top three. picks.

Agreed. Tight end in the 4th for me. This of course depends on how the picks fall. If there's a very compelling best athlete available pick unexpectedly available...