Niagara Falls?

I have seen people walk over 3 miles down 20a.

I have too. I'm not disputing that it is possible to do, and that some won't choose to do it. My issue with it, was as a solution. I can't believe it was a major part of the parking plan at the Ralph. Q. "Say what are we to do about people coming in from point A, on so-and-so road?" A "Have them park 3 miles away on 20a. Next problem?"

i would like to think these things are taken into consideration.

I'd like to think they will be, too. By, people who do that when they consider the options. They aren't, though, by some posters, who are obviously just spit-balling stuff.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no money for a new stadium so argument is moot. No matter how much more 'visibility' the falls would give, no matter if it would make many points in southern tier like Toronto closer there is no guarantee it would bring in more Canadian fans or sponsorship. Better to invest it in bridges and highway system connecting Canada and New York in Buffalo and Niagara Falls which would help economy all year long and make it easier for Canadian fans to go to games.

I have too. I'm not disputing that it is possible to do, and that some won't choose to do it. My issue with it, was as a solution. I can't believe it was a major part of the parking plan at the Ralph. Q. "Say what are we to do about people coming in from point A, on so-and-so road?" A "Have them park 3 miles away on 20a. Next problem?"

I'd like to think they will be, too. By, people who do that when they consider the options. They aren't, though, by some posters, who are obviously just spit-balling stuff.

Some posters in here say alot of mularkey just to try and get rise out of us. You know, the same ones that get kicked out of the stadium for fighting in the tunnels. They never have any real forethought and the minute you disagree with them they wanna jump down your throat.

And Buffalo isn't??? How's that new Peace Bridge coming along?

The Peace Bridge expansion has not happened simply because it is a dumb idea that would bring large financial benefit to a few and provide little economic benefit to the area as a whole (and what little economic benefit it would provide the area may be offset or even overwhelmed by the negative impacts on human health of additional truck traffic.

This was seen in the PBA authority trying to ram through it expansion proposal a few years back and:

1. The proposal was subjected to fair consideration by a cross section of community stakeholders led by the Community Foundation of Greater Buffalo. Even though this connection to a concentration of Buffalo's old money seemingly would be biased in favor of development, the PBA proposal was voted down by something like 32-1. The one was the local Chamber of Commerce the Greater Buffalo Partnership. This resounding vote reflected the case that the PBA proposal ultimately benefitted a small group of moneyed folks and ran against the economic and social benefits of the broader community.

2. The proposal was resoundingly defeated in the courts where Judge Gene Fahey ruled that not only did the PBA proposal ignore the needs of WNY as a whole but the manner in which they attempted to force this down the community's throat did not provide a fair hearing or even good well-documented information.

The current PBA proposals still do not reflect any sense of trying to build support for their bridge proposal by actually reaching out to various stakeholders and cutting a deal which meets even some of the concerns of others and relies upon a model for economic development and transport of goods which is outmoded and inefficient.

Its not simply blind opposition which has stalled Peace Bridge expansion but mostly because it is a bad idea which is not configured in a method that maximizing gains for stakeholders but a small few.

Some posters in here say alot of mularkey just to try and get rise out of us. You know, the same ones that get kicked out of the stadium for fighting in the tunnels. They never have any real forethought and the minute you disagree with them they wanna jump down your throat.

it looks like you are the one with no argument trying to get a rise out of people. None of the "reasons" to put a stadium in NF make sense. They couldnt even renovate sal maglie stadium to keep a NY Penn League team there. They cant even renovate Hyde Park rink in 20 years. I was up there near NF Blvd and Military a couple weeks ago, and the potholes up there are an embarassment and you wonder how they would be allowed to keep getting worse in Niagara Falls' "shopping" district. Buffalo does has its problems, but has groups working toward improving things, and you do see some improvement. Also, where the stadium is now is fine.

I have my doubts that NYS and/or Buffalo would be able to get it done. Niagara Falls is a near impossibility. On top of that, property taxes are worse in Niagara County. And I still dont understand why they would put a stadium there besides the fact that you want it.

it looks like you are the one with no argument trying to get a rise out of people. None of the "reasons" to put a stadium in NF make sense. They couldnt even renovate sal maglie stadium to keep a NY Penn League team there. They cant even renovate Hyde Park rink in 20 years. I was up there near NF Blvd and Military a couple weeks ago, and the potholes up there are an embarassment and you wonder how they would be allowed to keep getting worse in Niagara Falls' "shopping" district. Buffalo does has its problems, but has groups working toward improving things, and you do see some improvement. Also, where the stadium is now is fine.

I have my doubts that NYS and/or Buffalo would be able to get it done. Niagara Falls is a near impossibility. On top of that, property taxes are worse in Niagara County. And I still dont understand why they would put a stadium there besides the fact that you want it.

Actually thats not true. I started this thread to see what everyones view was. But not to bash people. Most of us are aware at how bad the politics are in both counties. My point is that it is better to try and do something than nothing at all. And maybe a nice stadium in NF is just what it needs. I am not dead set on putting one there either. I just think it could...with a little vision be a nice location thats all. The waterfront in Buffalo would be nice as well. I disagree that the Stadium in OP is fine. There is nothing there and generates very little money for the local businessman. When the Sabres play the local eateries/pubs etc.. make some extra coin on those nights. If we put a dome in either locations think of the possibilities. You could have events in them year round like final 4's etc.

OK, 34. I understand that. I would take NF over Toronto or anywhere not in WNY for sure. If they announce tomorrow they are building the Bills a new stadium in Niagara Falls Id be thrilled.

It could work. But in the unlikely event a stadium gets funded, I cant see them not putting it in Buffalo proper.

I believe they already have those stores on the Canadian side, plus alot more to do there right now.

There is a Harley Davidson Store on Clifton Hill, I believe theres a Levi's store in the outlet mall just down the road on Lundys Lane, and theres probably a disney store somewhere. It won't do much more for attracting Canadians over to the game, they already flock to OP and clog the Peace Bridge on home game Sundays, and is there really a big market in Asia for American Football? Europe has a bit of a market for it, but if they are really interested in the NFL, they would probably be willing to go the extra distance to OP to go to a game.

Believing that a new stadium will revitalise a City is like beliving a Bass Pro will save one.......................

it's still a very niche sport in japan...so to answer and agree NO there isnt