4. SEA: DE Brian Orakpo TX

5. CLE: DT BJ Raji BC

6. CIN: OT Eugene Monroe UVA

7. OAK: WR Jeremy Maclin Mizzou

8. JAX: WR Michael Crabtree TTech

9. GB: DE/OLB Everette Brown FSU

10. SF: LB Rey Maleuga USC

11. BUFFALO F'ING BILLS: TE Brandon Pettigrew OSU

It's so tough to decide between maybin and pettigrew, but, I think the Bills give Trent all the weapons he needs.

1. DET: QB Matthew Stafford UGA

2. STL: OT Jason Smith Baylor

3. KC: OLB Aaron Curry WF

4. SEA: QB Mark Sanchez USC

It's so tough to decide between maybin and pettigrew, but, I think the Bills give Trent all the weapons he needs.

Orakpo will definitley go in the top ten.

Maybin vs. Pettigrew 1.2

I like the Pettigrew choice, because of his unique skillset (the consummate blocker/receiver that can be an ideal outlet on any play, thus removing another defender from the box). I hope we could do this with a tradedown. I think the War Room would write Maybin's name on the card if nobody calls at the Bills' pick.

Actually, his pro day was mediocre and now people are questioning his work ethic. Don't be at all surprised if he falls to the second half of round one.

I seriously would be surprised considering Cleve-Cincy-Jac-SF all have ex defensive coordinators as the HC and are currently drooling all over the guy,he won't make it out of the top ten

4. SEA: DE Brian Orakpo TX

Maybin,pls no!

While I like the Pettigrew pick,some think its a bit of a reach at #11. although the bills took the 59th rated player when they took Whitner and others have him as the 8th best player in the draft.

If Sanchez is still on the board at #11, I just don't see how Buffalo can not trade back with another team for more picks,or even keep him.That prospect should give the Bills some serious head scratching to do.

Yea, I am starting to get the feeling that the Bills will take Pettigrew too. The pick will seem almost anti-climatic, as it won't be a great shocker, nor will there be any fear of him NOT being there, since he will certainly NOT be drafted in the top 10. He definitely fills a major need, and appears to be a safe pick. I can't say that I would be jumping for joy with the pick, but I wouldn't be furious -- as I was when the team selected Whitner #8 back in 2006. (I'm not busting on Whitner, because I do like him -- I just wouldn't have selected him with the #8 pick.)

I like Pettigrew for his blocking skills. My problem with such a selection is that it would be a luxury in the Jauron/Schonert offense. Adding Pettigrew at 11 would not impact the offense based on Jauron's history as a head coach.

Dick Jauron plays for three points on offense. Owens, Evans, Lynch/Jackson, Schouman and Reed provide enough offensive touches to get the offense to the field goal range where Jauron feels comfortable.

The impact player needed to achieve DJ's goal of three points is an interior lineman. I found it interesting that the Bills

are one of the teams that has shown the most interest in Herman Johnson of LSU. I expect them to target this young Dockery sized lineman with their second round pick or trade into the late first as they have in the past.

I think their first pick is a defensive player. As many of the rushers available are similar in size and accomplishment to Schobel and Chris Ellis, I am not convinced they take a Maybin/Orapko speed rusher. If you look at Jauron/Fewell in Jax and Chicago, they loved interior lineman. Tommy Harris was a huge difference maker on the Chi D when healthy and the Henderson/Stroud combo was dynamite in Jax. I think they take the DT from Miss named Jerry at #11. He can rotate with Stroud, Johnson and Williams limiting their snaps. Williams is a great effort guy but he disappears at times. Kyle Williams has never drawn a double team in his life. Stroud slowed in the last part of the season. Young legs on the defensive line will help the rest of the defense.

Jerry at 11, Herm Johnson in the second and a TE in the third plus they add Cato June in FA.

I like the Pettigrew choice, because of his unique skillset (the consummate blocker/receiver that can be an ideal outlet on any play, thus removing another defender from the box). I hope we could do this with a tradedown. I think the War Room would write Maybin's name on the card if nobody calls at the Bills' pick.

I like Pettigrew for his blocking skills. My problem with such a selection is that it would be a luxury in the Jauron/Schonert offense. Adding Pettigrew at 11 would not impact the offense based on Jauron's history as a head coach.

Dick Jauron plays for three points on offense. Owens, Evans, Lynch/Jackson, Schouman and Reed provide enough offensive touches to get the offense to the field goal range where Jauron feels comfortable.

The impact player needed to achieve DJ's goal of three points is an interior lineman. I found it interesting that the Bills

are one of the teams that has shown the most interest in Herman Johnson of LSU. I expect them to target this young Dockery sized lineman with their second round pick or trade into the late first as they have in the past.

I think their first pick is a defensive player. As many of the rushers available are similar in size and accomplishment to Schobel and Chris Ellis, I am not convinced they take a Maybin/Orapko speed rusher. If you look at Jauron/Fewell in Jax and Chicago, they loved interior lineman. Tommy Harris was a huge difference maker on the Chi D when healthy and the Henderson/Stroud combo was dynamite in Jax. I think they take the DT from Miss named Jerry at #11. He can rotate with Stroud, Johnson and Williams limiting their snaps. Williams is a great effort guy but he disappears at times. Kyle Williams has never drawn a double team in his life. Stroud slowed in the last part of the season. Young legs on the defensive line will help the rest of the defense.

Jerry at 11, Herm Johnson in the second and a TE in the third plus they add Cato June in FA.

Good post-I still hope Buffalo looks at the center position with the 2nd rounder-Mack if available would be a steal and he can play G if they want him to develop the 1st year.

I think the Bills' NUMBER ONE goal is to find a pass rush. I know that it was over a year ago, but I keep going back to what the Giants did to Tom Brady and the Patriots high flying 18-0 machine in that Superbowl. So many people forget and I feel that I need to remind them. The Giants made the "unstoppable" Patriots look rather ordinary on the NFL's biggest stage and the number one reason was their pass rush nailing and pressuring Brady all game long. Yes they did score over 20 points, but if their defense did not rush Brady like that they would have gotten their fourth title going away. They kept it close for Manning and Co. to pull off the miracle.

Now look at what the Bills have for a pass rush... a broken down Aaron Schobel and a worthless pass rusher in Chris Kelsay. I'd consider it front office malpractice for the Bills to draft a tight end, and not a DE, in the first round. There's a set of priorities and tight end is a luxury pick behind getting getting the pass rusher, center, guard and an outside linebacker. They need to make the Patriots fear the Bills pass rush and they need to start opening holes for Marshawn before his body breaks down in about two years time.

I think the Bills' NUMBER ONE goal is to find a pass rush. I know that it was over a year ago, but I keep going back to what the Giants did to Tom Brady and the Patriots high flying 18-0 machine in that Superbowl. So many people forget and I feel that I need to remind them. The Giants made the "unstoppable" Patriots look rather ordinary on the NFL's biggest stage and the number one reason was their pass rush nailing and pressuring Brady all game long. Yes they did score over 20 points, but if their defense did not rush Brady like that they would have gotten their fourth title going away. They kept it close for Manning and Co. to pull off the miracle.

Now look at what the Bills have for a pass rush... a broken down Aaron Schobel and a worthless pass rusher in Chris Kelsay. I'd consider it front office malpractice for the Bills to draft a tight end, and not a DE, in the first round. There's a set of priorities and tight end is a luxury pick behind getting getting the pass rusher, center, guard and an outside linebacker. They need to make the Patriots fear the Bills pass rush and they need to start opening holes for Marshawn before his body breaks down in about two years time.

I understand and agree with you about our pass rush needs fixing. However, I totally disagree with you on Tight End being a luxury pick for us. We do not have a TE who is a weapon on our roster. In today's NFL it is a necessity to have a big target that can get down the middle of the field. And we do not have that. Our passing game has SUCKED for god knows how long. A big reason is the lack of a threat at Tight End. Unless we trade for Gonzalez or Scheffler, I am all for drafting Pettigrew somewhere in the first round. (Hopefully with a trade down) The biggest reason we continue to not win consistently is our offense does not scare anybody. Adding TO helps. And than adding the big TE is the finishing piece to a real offense. How many rookie DE's really make that big of an impact right away? Not many. It takes them awhile to learn how to get by the monster OT's that play in the NFL.

And don't forget that Hangartner will be a big upgrade at Center.

Way too high for Mauleuga. Maybin has passed Brown with his excellent pro day and Pettigrew isn't a good enough receiver or have enough speed to warrant being drafted that high. Would end up being the next Ricky Dudley.

4. SEA: OT Eugene Monroe

5. CLE: DE Brian Orakpo

6. CIN: WR Michael Crabtree

7. OAK: WR Jeremy Maclin

8. JAX: DT BJ Raji

9. GB: DE/OLB Aaron Maybin

10. SF: QB Mark Sanchez

11. BUF: DE Everette Brown

I understand and agree with you about our pass rush needs fixing. However, I totally disagree with you on Tight End being a luxury pick for us. We do not have a TE who is a weapon on our roster. In today's NFL it is a necessity to have a big target that can get down the middle of the field. And we do not have that. Our passing game has SUCKED for god knows how long. A big reason is the lack of a threat at Tight End. Unless we trade for Gonzalez or Scheffler, I am all for drafting Pettigrew somewhere in the first round. (Hopefully with a trade down) The biggest reason we continue to not win consistently is our offense does not scare anybody. Adding TO helps. And than adding the big TE is the finishing piece to a real offense. How many rookie DE's really make that big of an impact right away? Not many. It takes them awhile to learn how to get by the monster OT's that play in the NFL.

And don't forget that Hangartner will be a big upgrade at Center.

Well as much as we'd like, we can't have everything. Drafting a tight end at the expense of letting Tom Brady just sit back there all day long tossing the football to Moss, Welker and his RBs is pure foolishness to me.

Drafting a DE like Ayers will have a much greater impact on beating a team like the Pats than grabbing the TE Pettigrew would. There's only one ball to go around and I want Trent dispersing healthy doses of thrown footballs to Owens, Evans, Lynch and Jackson. Trent checks down too much as it is, I could only imagine the check down bonanza going on if he had Pettigrew to throw to. Besides, I liked what I saw in Fine when he finally got healthy, he seemed plenty athletic and has a chance to be the Bills' "poor man's" version of a Dallas Clark. I'll take that.

Yes, it would be great to have Pettigrew. But you need to put out the fire before you can fix the plumbing in the house (with the Bills' worst pass rush in the NFL equalling blazing fire in my metaphor).

Why do I get the feeling that Hangartner is "Fowler II". Backup center signed by the Bills to start...oh crap. I have no faith in the Hangartner pickup and just hope that he's everything they say he is.

Jauron wants to control the ball and play defense. It has been his NFL trademark. I simply cannot see what a TE does that

would be so unique in his offense that we would burn the #11 pick. On offense, the priority has to be an interior lineman. Trent won't be throwing to his multiple weapons if he is running for his life.

Outside rushers rarely get to Brady. The Giants pushed him around with an interior pass rush. Jerry will be the pick, maybe Tyson Jackson, I doubt it is one of the speed rushers.

Well as much as we'd like, we can't have everything. Drafting a tight end at the expense of letting Tom Brady just sit back there all day long tossing the football to Moss, Welker and his RBs is pure foolishness to me.

Drafting a DE like Ayers will have a much greater impact on beating a team like the Pats than grabbing the TE Pettigrew would. There's only one ball to go around and I want Trent dispersing healthy doses of thrown footballs to Owens, Evans, Lynch and Jackson. Trent checks down too much as it is, I could only imagine the check down bonanza going on if he had Pettigrew to throw to. Besides, I liked what I saw in Fine when he finally got healthy, he seemed plenty athletic and has a chance to be the Bills' "poor man's" version of a Dallas Clark. I'll take that.

Yes, it would be great to have Pettigrew. But you need to put out the fire before you can fix the plumbing in the house (with the Bills' worst pass rush in the NFL equalling blazing fire in my metaphor).

As far Hangartner the fact is he was a vaulable 2nd string center and guard behind a pretty solid line. I hope the Bills finally address the center positin this year and take one of the studs in the 2nd round

Why do I get the feeling that Hangartner is "Fowler II". Backup center signed by the Bills to start...oh crap. I have no faith in the Hangartner pickup and just hope that he's everything they say he is.