Mock 1.2

Well as much as we'd like, we can't have everything. Drafting a tight end at the expense of letting Tom Brady just sit back there all day long tossing the football to Moss, Welker and his RBs is pure foolishness to me.

Drafting a DE like Ayers will have a much greater impact on beating a team like the Pats than grabbing the TE Pettigrew would. There's only one ball to go around and I want Trent dispersing healthy doses of thrown footballs to Owens, Evans, Lynch and Jackson. Trent checks down too much as it is, I could only imagine the check down bonanza going on if he had Pettigrew to throw to. Besides, I liked what I saw in Fine when he finally got healthy, he seemed plenty athletic and has a chance to be the Bills' "poor man's" version of a Dallas Clark. I'll take that.

Yes, it would be great to have Pettigrew. But you need to put out the fire before you can fix the plumbing in the house (with the Bills' worst pass rush in the NFL equalling blazing fire in my metaphor).

Why do I get the feeling that Hangartner is "Fowler II". Backup center signed by the Bills to start...oh crap. I have no faith in the Hangartner pickup and just hope that he's everything they say he is.

I never thought I would stick up for Pettigrew, but he isn't a receiving TE. In fact, I don't have him rated as a top five receiving TE. His blocking is what makes him worthy of a first round pick. He will improve the running game and passing game.