Clinton (Obama) blame the US for the cartal drug wars

It's all our fault that the mexicans are killing each other.

They announced they are going to ramp up border security to prevent weapons, etc... into Mexico. if they can do that, why don't they just lock down the borders and prevent illegals from coming in? I can see it now, US patrols will prevent things from leaving but the ACLU will prevent them from stopping the flow of illegals and drugs into the US.

I love our administration, they have some !@#$ed up values and priorties.

This is what people find objectionable?

“Our insatiable demand for illegal drugs fuels the drug trade,” Mrs. Clinton said, using unusually blunt language. “Our inability to prevent weapons from being illegally smuggled across the border to arm these criminals causes the deaths of police officers, soldiers and civilians.”

Anybody who doesn't believe that the demand for drugs in the U.S. is a major reason for the drug cartals and the violence is delusional. Obviously if there wasn't a demand, there wouldn't be profit for the drug lords, and the money to buy the guns and continue their operations. The drug trade funds everything from the violence in Mexico to the Taliban in Afganistan. Anybody who continues to partake in using drugs is directly resposible. That should be the message to teens and young adults. Never mind what it does to themselves, show them the graphic pictures that their recreational drug use can and has resulted in the death of American soldiers and police. Given the amount of money involved, I don't think we can ever cut off the supply. It has to be the demand.

Yes, our demand is to blame. But you can't shut off the demand. You can't. We've been trying for like 60-70 years now, and the demand has only grown. Eventually, you have to give in to the demand, and let legal markets absorb/legitamize the cartels or phase them out through proper business practices. In doing so, you're manipulating the SUPPLY by putting it in a law-abiding arena.

The other option is to KILL the supply. Given the nefarious interconnectivity between the MAJOR drug suppliers and law enforcement (at any level), I don't think that killing supply can ever happen. But, for the same reasons, since drug suppliers are making way more money in the unregulated market, it'll probably never me legal either.

This is what people find objectionable?

Again, did you read what I wrote?

Why if we are going to "stop" guns from going that direction, can't we stop illegals and drugs from coming this direction? Seems pretty logical to me. Also, where is Mexicos responsiblity? oh that's right it's US gun manufacturers and the previous administration problems.

Yes we all know that America is the only country in the world with a drug problem. And if the drug problem dried up we all know that the cartels are just going to go back to farming and opening up shops in order to make a living. You mentioned it yourself that when prohibition ended the mob just came up with something else to make boat loads of money on. The same thing that will happen in Mexico, Columbia etc if the drugs dried up.

The rest of the world isn't next to Mexico. We are.

The rest of the world isn't as uniformly paranoid about drugs. We are.

And unfortunately yes, criminals will always come up with something else.

If there was no demand for the drugs in America, these folks wouldn't be killing each other to meet it. Simple as that. Oh yeah, they'd still be at each other - but not like this.

Oh and that 90% of the guns coming from the USA illegally to Mexico thing...welll it's really only 17%.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/...number-claimed/

"These kinds of guns -- the auto versions of these guns -- they are not coming from El Paso," he said. "They are coming from other sources. They are brought in from Guatemala. They are brought in from places like China. They are being diverted from the military. But you don't get these guns from the U.S."

Some guns, he said, "are legitimately shipped to the government of Mexico, by Colt, for example, in the United States. They are approved by the U.S. government for use by the Mexican military service. The guns end up in Mexico that way -- the fully auto versions -- they are not smuggled in across the river."

Oh and that 90% of the guns coming from the USA illegally to Mexico thing...welll it's really only 17%.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/...number-claimed/

"These kinds of guns -- the auto versions of these guns -- they are not coming from El Paso," he said. "They are coming from other sources. They are brought in from Guatemala. They are brought in from places like China. They are being diverted from the military. But you don't get these guns from the U.S."

Some guns, he said, "are legitimately shipped to the government of Mexico, by Colt, for example, in the United States. They are approved by the U.S. government for use by the Mexican military service. The guns end up in Mexico that way -- the fully auto versions -- they are not smuggled in across the river."

That quote is from Fox News so forget about it. The guns come from China? That makes no sense as China has a lot of gun control.