People Amaze Me

H2o

I had an aunt(Step-Father's Sister) pass away on March 12. She was young, only 57. She was a good person, always trying to help people out in whatever way that she could. She was recently divorced and by recently I mean within the last 4-5 years. From the divorce she gained a substantial amount of money through the liquidation of assets that she and her husband had. She had enough money to buy herself a nice house, 2 brand new vehicles (Monte Carlo and an Altima 2.5 for the boy she raised basically that's 18), and live comfortably paying cash for everything. I've been starting to find out alot of things that were going on behind the scenes that I didn't know since her passing. Apparently, alot of people had been using her for her money. My parents found thousands of dollars worth of checks written to people that WE KNOW would only be interested in her for that purpose. It was the parent and family of the 18 year old that she took into her house as a toddler and raised. She also had taken in the 18 year old's brother, who is 16, at the age of 13 and allowed him to live with her. The family of these two boys must have been constantly calling with some form of a sob story to get her to write these checks. This isn't the worst though. When she went into the hospital 9 days before passing some one went into her house and unlocked all of the windows. Within 2 hours after she passed, before they could even transfer her to the morgue, some one ransacked the house taking family heirloom jewelry, a 42" HDTV, and other things that we're finding out along the way. My Step-Father gets a phone call at 12:00 AM telling him he needs to come to Hopewell because there had been a break in at his just barely deceased sister's home. This comes right on the heels of him having to decide not to try and sustain her life. I can't even imagine the pain he felt knowing his sister just passed and realizing some one had been setting this scenario up the whole time. She had an alarm system and ALWAYS made sure EVERYTHING was locked when she wasn't at home. I'm positive that she had done this on the day she left to go to the hospital initially, as well as set the alarm because she wasn't in that bad of shape when she went into the hospital. There were other who had a key at one point and could've made a copy. The Police said that whoever it was came in through a window and left out the door. It triggered the alarm system and police showed up after the typical phone call procedures didn't get an answer at the home. They took finger prints and had people investigate the scene. They also found evidenvce that some one had recently had sex in her bed while she was in the hospital. Sick. I hope that whoever it was gets caught and then slammed to the wall by the judge, especially since it was likely some one who would call themselves "family". People never cease to amaze me as to how self-centered and heartless thay can actually be. It's sickening.

I had an aunt(Step-Father's Sister) pass away on March 12. She was young, only 57. She was a good person, always trying to help people out in whatever way that she could. She was recently divorced and by recently I mean within the last 4-5 years. From the divorce she gained a substantial amount of money through the liquidation of assets that she and her husband had. She had enough money to buy herself a nice house, 2 brand new vehicles (Monte Carlo and an Altima 2.5 for the boy she raised basically that's 18), and live comfortably paying cash for everything. I've been starting to find out alot of things that were going on behind the scenes that I didn't know since her passing. Apparently, alot of people had been using her for her money. My parents found thousands of dollars worth of checks written to people that WE KNOW would only be interested in her for that purpose. It was the parent and family of the 18 year old that she took into her house as a toddler and raised. She also had taken in the 18 year old's brother, who is 16, at the age of 13 and allowed him to live with her. The family of these two boys must have been constantly calling with some form of a sob story to get her to write these checks. This isn't the worst though. When she went into the hospital 9 days before passing some one went into her house and unlocked all of the windows. Within 2 hours after she passed, before they could even transfer her to the morgue, some one ransacked the house taking family heirloom jewelry, a 42" HDTV, and other things that we're finding out along the way. My Step-Father gets a phone call at 12:00 AM telling him he needs to come to Hopewell because there had been a break in at his just barely deceased sister's home. This comes right on the heels of him having to decide not to try and sustain her life. I can't even imagine the pain he felt knowing his sister just passed and realizing some one had been setting this scenario up the whole time. She had an alarm system and ALWAYS made sure EVERYTHING was locked when she wasn't at home. I'm positive that she had done this on the day she left to go to the hospital initially, as well as set the alarm because she wasn't in that bad of shape when she went into the hospital. There were other who had a key at one point and could've made a copy. The Police said that whoever it was came in through a window and left out the door. It triggered the alarm system and police showed up after the typical phone call procedures didn't get an answer at the home. They took finger prints and had people investigate the scene. They also found evidenvce that some one had recently had sex in her bed while she was in the hospital. Sick. I hope that whoever it was gets caught and then slammed to the wall by the judge, especially since it was likely some one who would call themselves "family". People never cease to amaze me as to how self-centered and heartless thay can actually be. It's sickening.

Sorry to hear about your aunt, it sounds like she was a special lady. As for the creeps that were taking her for a ride and the folks that ransacked her house (maybe they were the same people?), just try your best to not let it bother you. One of the unfortunate facts of life is this; Wherever there is a kind-hearted person, there is another person willing to take advantage of that kindness. There's nothing you or I can do about it, so IMO it isn't worth wasting negative energy on.

It seems like she had a positive effect on a lot of people. :nana:

Sorry to hear about that, but I think you know the answer to this problem.....

...Hopewell...
:nana:

sorry, couldn't resist...but don't give up on humanity, there is alot of good, u just have to wade through some crap to find it, but when you do, it makes it that much more rewarding

It's pretty obvious who the perps were.

I was going to say the same thing. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out it was the boys that she took in, or at least a member of their family. I am sure eventually the police will find enough evidence to arrest them.

Sorry about your aunt.