Compensatory picks are out

you are an idiot. the pats are the best run franchise in the league and all you can say is "i hate them" .. what are you in 6th grade or something... ?

I HATE THEM TOO! THEY'D STINK ON ICE!! FRICKIN CHEATERS!!!

WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE LOST DWAYNE WRIGHT

:rolleyes:

Question: Does re-signing a player who's already under contract count as FA signing?. i.e. Lee Evans. unsure.gif

Nope - it's entirely based on how teams do in Unrestricted Free Agency: which means that it excludes any signings of players who have been cut, so in 2010, we won't be penalized for signing TO this year. We may well be in line for some compensatory picks next year: we signed Fitzpatrick, Pat Thomas, and Hangartner, (plus non-UFA street free agents TO and Drayton Florence) and lost Melvin Fowler, Duke Preston, Angelo Crowell, and Jabari Greer. Dockery and Royal don't count.

It's funny, but the Pats* lose Samuel, admittedly a star, and then Gay (a nickel back, IIRC) and Stallworth (who'd been bumped out of a starting job by year end) and get a motherlode of picks, while the Steelers lose one of the best OL in the game (Faneca) and a starting LB (Haggans) and get one lousy 5th round pick. The League is so far in Kraft's* pocket it's a joke......

Question: Does re-signing a player who's already under contract count as FA signing?. i.e. Lee Evans. :rolleyes:

Comp picks are based on players you lose. I don't think we lost anyone of any significance before last season, unless my memory is failing me.

Nope - it's entirely based on how teams do in Unrestricted Free Agency: which means that it excludes any signings of players who have been cut, so in 2010, we won't be penalized for signing TO this year. We may well be in line for some compensatory picks next year: we signed Fitzpatrick, Pat Thomas, and Hangartner, (plus non-UFA street free agents TO and Drayton Florence) and lost Melvin Fowler, Duke Preston, Angelo Crowell, and Jabari Greer. Dockery and Royal don't count.

I might be wrong, but I think the comp picks for the players we signed and lost this off season will be awarded at next years draft. I think these ones are for the offseason before the 2008 season. Otherwise we would get about a dozen, since we lost Losman this season (just kidding!).

They should really just get rid of compensatory picks.

Seconded. They do nothing but screw over the worst teams in the league. NE* is too cheap to pony up the cash to pay a bunch of their players, so they get rewarded?