How the "mighty" have fallen

duey

Now, I have nothing against this guy, but I always felt the hype about him was a bit much, especially heading into the MAC Championship game against the Bulls. OK, so he had a bad day, and reports said he had the flu, but man did he look terrible that day.

Fast forward to the bowl game against Tulsa. Another crushing loss lead by more bad play from the QB position.

Well, Nate just had his pro day and look what happened...

What if they held a pro day and nobody came? Such was nearly the fate of early exiting Ball State quarterback Nate Davis on Friday, when only the Indianapolis Colts showed up to watch him throw to various Cardinal receivers on BSU's home field, and that probably only because it wasn't much of a drive for them. For Nate's sake, I hope the Colts liked what they saw as much as the local Muncie Star Press and mentor Steve DeBerg: Davis' stock is apparently plummeting, from day one possibility to late-round afterthought due to his size, Ball State's shotgun-based offense and ball security issues (he has a weird grip on the ball and fumbled multiple times in both of BSU's season-ending losses to Buffalo and Tulsa).

So they have doubts about the kid. Isn't that the guy you want to take an extra look at? Even if you pull an Andre Smith at your workout, no fate can be worse than being ignored.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog...rn=ncaaf,149836

I think I don't feel so bad for him just because of how everyone expected him to just crush the Bulls all by himself. That's why they play the game.

He did fall off the face of the Earth. Even at the combine, there were virtually no reports about him. Then, one finally came out that he was a little erratic, but still OK enough for a team to take him in the mid rounds.

This will be very interesting to see how it plays out. I sort of feel sorry for him. He was lights out for two years in a row until the MAC Championship game, where he was awful. And then came the bowl game, where he was even worse. Then the combine, where there was nothing written about him, including the local beat writer from the Muncie Star Press who couldn't locate him or his agent.

I feel sorry for Nate. He is the product of some bad advice by coming out this year. Especially after how last year ended. I personally feel that he decided to leave early before the Buffalo game and decided to try too hard to impress everyone. The pressure was so great, that he even played worse against Tulsa.

I've never seen anyone look so good for so long and then completely fall off the face of the Earth in a matter of two games. It's almost like when Chuck Knoblauch couldn't throw the ball to first base anymore. It's that bad.

He did fall off the face of the Earth. Even at the combine, there were virtually no reports about him. Then, one finally came out that he was a little erratic, but still OK enough for a team to take him in the mid rounds.

This will be very interesting to see how it plays out. I sort of feel sorry for him. He was lights out for two years in a row until the MAC Championship game, where he was awful. And then came the bowl game, where he was even worse. Then the combine, where there was nothing written about him, including the local beat writer from the Muncie Star Press who couldn't locate him or his agent.

I feel sorry for Nate. He is the product of some bad advice by coming out this year. Especially after how last year ended. I personally feel that he decided to leave early before the Buffalo game and decided to try too hard to impress everyone. The pressure was so great, that he even played worse against Tulsa.

I've never seen anyone look so good for so long and then completely fall off the face of the Earth in a matter of two games. It's almost like when Chuck Knoblauch couldn't throw the ball to first base anymore. It's that bad.

I think you hit it right on the head. I think he was a victim of reading his own press clippings and some bad advice. But to be honest, don't you think he choked a little? In what were really the two biggest games of his career, he did horrible in both. He definitely should not have declared...I thought that then and now he's paying the price for it.

I think you hit it right on the head. I think he was a victim of reading his own press clippings and some bad advice. But to be honest, don't you think he choked a little? In what were really the two biggest games of his career, he did horrible in both. He definitely should not have declared...I thought that then and now he's paying the price for it.

Nah, he didn't choke. Something just happened to him. I'm not sure what though. He played much better competition than the University of Buffalo and Tulsa and played lights out. He performed at Big Ten schools, B-12 schools, and at some other in state rivalries.

I guess he could've choked because BSU had more and more importance on each game as they headed down the stretch. But he certainly didn't choke because it was UB and Tulsa.

I'm telling you, he was lights out his whole career, until the last two games. Very weird. I'm not sure what to make of it. Loss for words, as was the whole BSU community. No offense, but if would have played to half of his potential that he showed throughout the previous two years of his BSU career, they would have crushed UB. And the Tulsa bowl game, he was even worse, if that's possible.

And now this pro day was jsut pathetic.