Peters to Philly??

You think Peters is going to lower his contract demands based on what a rookie guard signs for? Get your head checked.

1st Oher is a top rated T... and would give the Bills leverage agianst Peters lame ass demands... Think brother, actually use that brain some here... THINK

Yes... he has no leverage, he has 2 years left on his exisitng deal, and the Bills would tell him to play the year on his exisitng deal if he doens't like their offer. Oher plays G for 2009... If the Bills still cannot reach a deal with Peters before 2010 draft we trade him then and We already have our new LT on the roster. If Peters signs we have a stud at LG and great dpeth at the T position

The Bills wouldn't be in panic mode, and Peters can hold out and hurt his stock and his asking procie, and we would have our insurance plan.

Seriously get my head checked? Peters is the one who needs to get his head checked if he thinks the Bills are paying him 11.5 mil a year.

I am concerned that the Bills may not get Jason Peters resigned. He is asking for too much money and the Bills may not think he is worth it ( say 10 million plus a year)

I say sign him

It hard enough to find a very good LT and like it or not I think he is a very good one.

But having said that consider this....

The Bills and Eagles do a draft day trade for Peters( see EastCoastSports draft mock)... Philly is is the market for a LT since they let Tackle Thomas go

I say if this were to happen we get Phillys 1st rounder and 4 th round this year

Looking at their roster there is not a player I would see that can help us out right now

So I think draft picks this year is the best why to go.

We would have picks 11 and 21 in the first round if this happened

We could have a top DE and LB but our OL would be weak on the left side for real.

I know you have some thoughts so fire away :thumbdown:

Peters & his agent already stated that Peters wants to be the highest paid LT in the NFL (including Jake Long at $11.5M a year). So at minimum, he wants $12M a year, sorry he's not worth $12M a year and he's not going to get it here in Buffalo. So, before anyone starts bashing me, I agree that the Bills need Peters at that position, but they can't break the bank on him either. QB's should be making $12M a year, not O or D linemen.

ok Mr Smart Pants...... :thumbdown:

would you straight trade Peters for McNabb??

even though you and I know this would not happen..... but for the sake of discussion...

No. McNabb, while a good, very good actually, QB is aging and would be playing with no established LT, since the Bills would have traded Peters. The fact that he and TO don't get along wouldn't help things either. I see what you're getting at, and I mis-read what point you were making. My bad, really.

1st Oher is a top rated T... and would give the Bills leverage agianst Peters lame ass demands... Think brother, actually use that brain some here... THINK

Yes... he has no leverage, he has 2 years left on his exisitng deal, and the Bills would tell him to play the year on his exisitng deal if he doens't like their offer. Oher plays G for 2009... If the Bills still cannot reach a deal with Peters before 2010 draft we trade him then and We already have our new LT on the roster. If Peters signs we have a stud at LG and great dpeth at the T position

The Bills wouldn't be in panic mode, and Peters can hold out and hurt his stock and his asking procie, and we would have our insurance plan.

Reaching for a LG doesn't give the Bills leverage that they don't already have. They already have most of the leverage since Peters still has two years left on his deal and he gave up a league high 11.5 sacks last year. But hoping Peters will lower his demands simply because we sign a rookie LG (which is paid lower than LT) to a lower contract is insane.

Seriously get my head checked? Peters is the one who needs to get his head checked if he thinks the Bills are paying him 11.5 mil a year.

Well, no argument there.