Prop 1 passed in Ohio

KD in CA

That should be a bumper sticker......... :devil:

97794[/snapback]

BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

:D:lol::lol:

p.s. yes, civil unions too. Looks like P&G will be able to save a bundle by not paying health insurance for 'domestic partners'. :lol:

hmmm...i guess this would be a good place to ask:  why are people so determined to discriminate against gay people?

97816[/snapback]

I dunno. Maybe it has something to do with people being upset at attempts being made to teach their children about "gay lifestyle" in public schools or being forced to include a "gay themed" float in their local St. Patrick's Day parade.

hmmm...i guess this would be a good place to ask:  why are people so determined to discriminate against gay people?

97816[/snapback]

Because marriage is the union for life of a man and a woman.

Next question?

And that's not "homophobic" either, UCONN (pre-emptive). Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I'm afraid of it. Phobic means fear, but you know that. That is more of a liberal tendency. I fear very, very, very little.

Because marriage is the union for life of a man and a woman.

Next question?

And that's not "homophobic" either, UCONN (pre-emptive). Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I'm afraid of it. Phobic means fear, but you know that. That is more of a liberal tendency. I fear very, very, very little.

97829[/snapback]

you mean "for life" for 48% of them, right? sounds like they have some business telling gay people about marriage. anyway, my next question:

says who?

you mean "for life" for 48% of them, right?  sounds like they have some business telling gay people about marriage.  anyway, my next question:

says who?

97841[/snapback]

Says me. This is an opinion board, there is no requirement for me to post a link. That's the way I see it, that's the way I view it, and that's, for me, the way it is. I don't care where people put their dicks. I really don't. I also understand what a slippery slope is.

Unless you are sexually oriented gender association challenged, why do you have a dog in the fight, anyway?

i don't know...my cousin's gay...but he's not really trying to get married,so it's nothing personal from my perspective. i guess i'm just the live-and-let-live type. i think it's really !@#$ed up when straight people pass laws that tell gay people how to live their lives. life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you know? if it's not hurting anyone, and i believe it is not, i don't know why we should legislate against it.

i don't know...my cousin's gay...but he's not really trying to get married,so it's nothing personal from  my perspective.  i guess i'm just the live-and-let-live type.  i think it's really !@#$ed up when straight people pass laws that tell gay people how to live their lives.  life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you know?  if it's not hurting anyone, and i believe it is not, i don't know why we should legislate against it.

97871[/snapback]

I agree. However, I don't think gays should be allowed to adopt. That's about the only line I draw.

I understand the slippery slope argument as well.

I dunno.  Maybe it has something to do with people being upset at attempts being made to teach their children about "gay lifestyle" in public schools or being forced to include a "gay themed" float in their local St. Patrick's Day parade.

97827[/snapback]

Stop that Kev, yoou should know better than to post facts. :D

really? i didn't think there was much of a correlation between sexual preference and one's ability to care for and love children. i think it has more to do with emotional maturity than one's sex life.

and what is this slippery slope? i know this might give rise to some good jokes, but seriously, what horrible thing is going to happen in our culture if some gay peoiple get married.

I agree.  However, I don't think gays should be allowed to adopt.  That's about the only line I draw.

I understand the slippery slope argument as well.

97881[/snapback]

i was raised by a bisexual man and he did a better job raising me than my straight mother and her abusive boyfriends did. BTW I am straight, so don't start that crap about gay men spreading their sexuality to their kids.

Also, I see no harm done with two men or two women getting married. What is wrong with a couple regardless of sexuality vowing to love each other?

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to take homosexual ed in highschool. What 3% of the population does behind closed doors is their own business. No need to expose it to the rest of us. As for a parade... they are tax payers and should be entitled to a float. As for marriage... I consider that a religious issue to be decided by the church. I personally don't believe in civil unions but don't think its the place of the federal government to step in and say its wrong. Civil unions don't pose a threat or danger to society as I see it.

I dunno.  Maybe it has something to do with people being upset at attempts being made to teach their children about "gay lifestyle" in public schools or being forced to include a "gay themed" float in their local St. Patrick's Day parade.

97827[/snapback]

wow, that must be one hell of a progressive public school. it doesn't happen in the one i teach in. we don't really worry about people's private lives so much. and i even teach the sex stuff.

and what is this "gay themed" float you speak of? and more importantly what damage did it do to the people who saw it?

I don't know about you but I wouldn't want to take homosexual ed in highschool.  What 3% of the population does behind closed doors is their own business.  No need to expose it to the rest of us.  As for a parade... they are tax payers and should be entitled to a float. As for marriage... I consider that a religious issue to be decided by the church.  I personally don't believe in civil unions but don't think its the place of the federal government to step in and say its wrong.  Civil unions don't pose a threat or danger to society as I see it.

97897[/snapback]

lol :D what is this "homosexual ed?!" i teach sex ed./reproduction and trust me, kids living in this culture don't need to be taught wha it is to be gay! wtf are people afraid of?

i was raised by a bisexual man and he did a better job raising me than my straight mother and her abusive boyfriends did. BTW I am straight, so don't start that crap about gay men spreading their sexuality to their kids.

Also, I see no harm done with two men or two women getting married. What is wrong with a couple regardless of sexuality vowing to love each other?

97895[/snapback]

I didn't say anything of the like and I'd appreciate it if you didn't speak for me. I'm glad your experience worked for you.

wow, that must be one hell of a progressive public school.  it doesn't happen in the one i teach in.  we don't really worry about people's private lives so much.  and i even teach the sex stuff.

and what is this "gay themed" float you speak of?  and more importantly what damage did it do to the people who saw it?

97906[/snapback]

What cracks me up is the religous right somehow thinks that gays teach children to be gay. Every gay person I know has been gay from day one that I knew them it just took them sometime to figure it out for themselves. My view is that of you dont like what you see ya can always turn the channel, leave the parade etc.

I didn't say anything of the like and I'd appreciate it if you didn't speak for me.  I'm glad your experience worked for you.

97913[/snapback]

What I am saying is that too many people are too incredibly narrowminded about the subject. Plus these people are forcing their religious views upon the rest of the country.

Open question:

Who does gay marriage hurt that it is such a big deal to discriminate against GLBTI's?

i don't know...my cousin's gay...but he's not really trying to get married,so it's nothing personal from  my perspective.  i guess i'm just the live-and-let-live type.  i think it's really !@#$ed up when straight people pass laws that tell gay people how to live their lives.  life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, you know?  if it's not hurting anyone, and i believe it is not, i don't know why we should legislate against it.

97871[/snapback]

Big picture, from both sides. What bothers me about how we do things is that the "big picture" is never considered. Nothing exists in a vacuum. Most things are very interrelated, but most folks don't see that. It's all about what any group wants right now, and contained specifically within their argument. We, as a populace rush to water. This election might well be the epitome of this example. Ride your "feelings" as they are today, don't think past tomorrow.

What I am saying is that too many people are too incredibly narrowminded about the subject. Plus these people are forcing their religious views upon the rest of the country.

Open question:

Who does gay marriage hurt that it is such a big deal to discriminate against GLBTI's?

97918[/snapback]

I don't see it as any different than the homosexuals who THRUST their sexuality on everyone else, as if it's the only thing they are.

I don't know what that acronym stands for, so I can't answer the question.

Open question:

97918[/snapback]

I might not be a supporter of Gay marriage however am willing to allow for gay unions to afford all rights to the partner that spouses have today for access to health benefits, life insurance, health decisions etc.

I don't see it as any different than the homosexuals who THRUST their sexuality on everyone else, as if it's the only thing they are. 

I don't know what that acronym stands for, so I can't answer the question.

97927[/snapback]

gay lesbian bi trans intersex(aka hermaphrodites)

Plus what different is that than a straight couple thrust their sexuality in front of gays or just people in general?

gay lesbian bi trans intersex(aka hermaphrodites)

Plus what different is that than a straight couple thrust their sexuality in front of gays or just people in general?

97934[/snapback]

I can't say the last time I walked down the street and heard heterosexuals chanting and patting each others asses for effect. Maybe I'm not hanging out in the right places.

Like I said, I don't care about two adults marrying each other. Property and Divorce lawyers got to eat too. I just don't want them adopting kids. From your situation, I'm gathering that the man who raised you was your father. That doesn't fit my problem with it.

I might not be a supporter of Gay marriage however am willing to allow for gay unions to afford all rights to the partner that spouses have today for access to health benefits, life insurance, health decisions etc.

97928[/snapback]

I'm all for that. I don't care. I care about very little.

But maybe it's the semantics. I don't want it called "Marrige"

Figure out however you want to do it, legally and benefit wise (which should be the point, but it's not). But it is not "Marriage"

It's the camels nose under the tent, and that's also why you vote Kerry. Everyone should have a right to do whatever they want to do, no matter how much it hurts us together.

yeah he is my dad. he is great guy, some short comings but still a great parent.

Idon't see the big deal about any of this. As AMericans we have a history of picking on and restricting minorities, so you would figure that we'd learn as a society.

oh Darin I love the Green Day quote. Good singer that happens to be gay

wow, that must be one hell of a progressive public school.  it doesn't happen in the one i teach in.  we don't really worry about people's private lives so much.  and i even teach the sex stuff.

and what is this "gay themed" float you speak of?  and more importantly what damage did it do to the people who saw it?

97906[/snapback]

Come to New York, you might have an eye opening experience. And I think the word you were looking for was "perverted", not "progressive". There is nothing progressive about teaching children about specific (and deviant) sexual practices.

yeah he is my dad. he is great guy, some short comings but still a great parent. 

Idon't see the big deal about any of this. As AMericans we have a history of picking on and restricting minorities, so you would figure that we'd learn as a society.

oh Darin I love the Green Day quote. Good singer that happens to be gay

97954[/snapback]

Really? He's married to a woman.

.....that's not natural behavior or they couldn't promulgate the species. When they can naturally figure out a way to make babys.....

So are you saying that any couple that cannot promulgate the species should not be allowed to marry?

A slippery slope indeed......