Rating The Pre-Draft Mags.

I bought two pre-draft mags tonight. Unfortunately I didn't look them over much before buying. One seems very good and the other very poor.

Lindy's Pro Football Draft has ranks from NFLDraftScout.com in a book that can be held in your hand instead of reading a computer screen. That's all it has that's good.

Under the Buffalo Bills synopsis it says the Bills had the second easiest NFL schedule because they only played four eventual playoff teams and NE* was missing Tom Brady. :blink: They played the Poorpisses twice, NE* twice and the Jests twice. NE* without Brady didn't really miss a beat. They played Arizona and SD. I find it difficult to believe that they had the second easiest schedule after looking at the NFCW.

The listed QB's on the Bills are TE, JP, GH and MB. I understand these things are written before some FA signings but listing JP as being on the Bills? :w00t:

They have Duke Preston and Melvin Fowler listed on the OL.

They have Jabari Greer under DB's.

:beer:

The second one is Fanball.com Pro Football '09 Draft Preview. The analysis of the Bills needs is spot on, it's written before some FA signings like TO but it mentions WR as a need for the Bills. It talks about DE, TE and a C that can handle 3-4 alignments being the biggest needs.

I haven't read any of the player writeups yet but I really like what I've seen so far. :wallbash:

What are other peoples :thumbsup: or :thumbsup: mags?

I bought two pre-draft mags tonight. Unfortunately I didn't look them over much before buying. One seems very good and the other very poor.

Lindy's Pro Football Draft has ranks from NFLDraftScout.com in a book that can be held in your hand instead of reading a computer screen. That's all it has that's good.

Under the Buffalo Bills synopsis it says the Bills had the second easiest NFL schedule because they only played four eventual playoff teams and NE* was missing Tom Brady. :blink: They played the Poorpisses twice, NE* twice and the Jests twice. NE* without Brady didn't really miss a beat. They played Arizona and SD. I find it difficult to believe that they had the second easiest schedule after looking at the NFCW.

The listed QB's on the Bills are TE, JP, GH and MB. I understand these things are written before some FA signings but listing JP as being on the Bills? :w00t:

They have Duke Preston and Melvin Fowler listed on the OL.

They have Jabari Greer under DB's.

:beer:

The second one is Fanball.com Pro Football '09 Draft Preview. The analysis of the Bills needs is spot on, it's written before some FA signings like TO but it mentions WR as a need for the Bills. It talks about DE, TE and a C that can handle 3-4 alignments being the biggest needs.

I haven't read any of the player writeups yet but I really like what I've seen so far. :wallbash:

What are other peoples :thumbsup: or :thumbsup: mags?

I have never seen the 2nd one, but I'll bet LINDYS has a BETTER Spread of the CHEERLEADERS. :blink:

I wouldn't buy any draft book that is printed BEFORE the combine results.

A number of them out there are just completely irrelevent because they are rushed to print without worrying about being as accurate as possible.

Pro Football Weekly puts out a magazine that is out now- but I would suggest waiting to buy their draft book that is released at the end of this month.

Book

It is $19.95 online and is also carried at Borders, Barnes&Noble etc. in the book section,though, sometimes it's mixed in with the magazines.

I've been buying this book each year for well over a decade. Originally the material was put together by Joel Buschbaum, but he passed away a few years ago. As much as I miss his commentary I think Nolan Nawrocki has been quite accurate recently.

A number of them out there are just completely irrelevent because they are rushed to print without worrying about being as accurate as possible.

Pro Football Weekly puts out a magazine that is out now- but I would suggest waiting to buy their draft book that is released at the end of this month.

Book

It is $19.95 online and is also carried at Borders, Barnes&Noble etc. in the book section,though, sometimes it's mixed in with the magazines.

I've been buying this book each year for well over a decade. Originally the material was put together by Joel Buschbaum, but he passed away a few years ago. As much as I miss his commentary I think Nolan Nawrocki has been quite accurate recently.

Thanks, I just ordered mine. :thumbdown:

Lindy's are always great reads. I always get their Season Preview issue. In-depth stuff that is quality. Problem with their pre-draft mags is that they aren't web sites, in that they can't be updated frequently to reflect the ever-changing status of draft picks and free agent signings.

Still, you can't ever go wrong with Lindy's, IMO.

I'll second the PFW book, which I've enjoyed getting for the last few years. 3-4 years ago I started getting the ourlads draft guide also, based on a recommendation in a thread like this one. It is very no-frills, but it has great information and opinions. I've been very happy with it.

Ourlads

I just get their draft guide - have never gone for the full year of newsletters.

Book

I've never bought the PFW Book, but I always buy PFW's Draft Issue, which is more of a Cliff's Notes version of the book. I find it to be very helpful.

I've never bought the PFW Book, but I always buy PFW's Draft Issue, which is more of a Cliff's Notes version of the book. I find it to be very helpful.

I wish Bills Digest had an offseason subscription. It would include all of the BD's from the final game of the season up to the first game of the season. I don't need info during the year because newspapers cover that pretty well but for the offseason it would be very cool. I'd be willing to bet dollars to donuts that it would increase circulation immensely.

• 2 weeks later...

Book

Thanks dude. Mine just showed up today and it's the best draft guide I've ever seen.

Any idea if the Pro Football Weekly's 2009 Draft Preview book is out in stores? I went looking for it today at Borders and Barnes & Nobles and couldnt find it anywhere.

There is a whole stack of them at the Barnes and Noble on NF Blvd. They are in the magazine section.