Marshawn Lynch

Forgive or Forget  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Do you forgive Bills RB Marshawn Lynch?

• Already did.
    • Yes, but this is the last straw.
    • Nope, he's an idiot.

In light of his apology.

I find his words to be sincere. He's a rich and famous young man who's going through some growing pains as he adapts to his new found fame and fortune.

He's saying the right things and hopefully he's genuine in that he's learned a lesson and will strive to be a better person and make smarter choices.

I forgive him. 100%

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just sick and tired of these young, rich, coddled athletes who can

do whatever they want, and pay their way out of trouble. :censored:

I know he didn't do awful things, ie: Stallworth and Little, but wonder what

else he has done? I doubt these are his only indiscretions, just the ones

he got caught doing.

Honestly, every time I see Leonard Little on the field, I turn the channel. I

can't believe that piece of :devil: got away with killing someone, then

gets paid millions.

To say 'I forgive him' would mean I think he did something wrong by sitting in a car, minding his own business.

I'll repeat myself (again) - he said he's really sorry. Nothing more needs to be said, or done.

So, all he has to say is "sorry"? What if that hit and run chick in Amherst said she was sorry for

putting that innocent girl in a coma? Is "sorry" good enough for her?

I chose already did but I feel strange saying I forgave Marshawn Lynch. He didn't do anything to me. In all honesty it was a victimless crime and he was just stupid in his choices. I'm willing to bet that most posters here have gotten behind the wheel and drove home when they shouldn't have. I know I have and I'm not going to pass judgement on this kid. Wake up Marshawn you got alot to lose.

Having a gun in your bag, in the locked truck of your car isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who have been there and done that.

Oh yea, we've all done that. :censored:

Are you kidding?

So, all he has to say is "sorry"? What if that hit and run chick in Amherst said she was sorry for

putting that innocent girl in a coma? Is "sorry" good enough for her?

Have I mentioned my uncle's red pencil box, and how it relates to Marshawn Lynch sitting in a car minding his own business?

No? Hmm...maybe 'cause it has absolutely no relevance whatsover. Neither does the hit and run incident you referenced.

Already did......obviously had poor judgment but overall he did not harm anyone sitting in a car. It was probably a very good wake up call to him. He is a fun-loving good mannered guy by all accounts and hopefully he channels that to better off the field endeavors. Lots of guys have done dumb things and let's hope he learns.

I hope he gets involved in the community, does a lot of charity things etc....it does not take much for this community to forgive and really embrace its athletes.

To say 'I forgive him' would mean I think he did something wrong by sitting in a car, minding his own business.

I'll repeat myself (again) - he said he's really sorry. Nothing more needs to be said, or done.

Actually he was sitting in that car breaking the law, no?

Agreed. I thought his interview with the meeting today was a great first step. Now, go out there and play football.

Already did......obviously had poor judgment but overall he did not harm anyone sitting in a car. It was probably a very good wake up call to him. He is a fun-loving good mannered guy by all accounts and hopefully he channels that to better off the field endeavors. Lots of guys have done dumb things and let's hope he learns.

I hope he gets involved in the community, does a lot of charity things etc....it does not take much for this community to forgive and really embrace its athletes.

In light of his apology.

I find his words to be sincere. He's a rich and famous young man who's going through some growing pains as he adapts to his new found fame and fortune.

He's saying the right things and hopefully he's genuine in that he's learned a lesson and will strive to be a better person and make smarter choices.

I forgive him. 100%

I know that I have been giving Marshawn a rash about this latest transgression, but after hearing more about the details of the arrest I am more inclined to forgive him.

What he suffers from is more like "young stupid" vs "criminal intent" - and I am not talking the letter of the law, just simply my take.

The loaded gun that was found sounds horrendous, but was packed in bag the trunk of the car. As someone that shoots firearms I believe we have a right to own and carry guns, but they have to be registered and it is a good idea to keep them unloaded when you transport them in your vehicle. There are rules to follow if someone wants to stay a member of the club of law-abiding and highly-paid sports professionals.

If Marshawn is concerned for his personal safety he could follow the legal course to apply for and register a firearm, or avoid the hassle and just hire a body guard or two. I have always thought it must be cool to have some paid professional bouncer-types drive you around and clear paths for you through crowds.

If he really wants to hit the pipe, or light up a blunt then he has the funds to take an extended trip to Holland where (for the most part) they don't give a rip what chemicals you want to expose your body to - we fans may have a different take.

I have to think what I would have done if I had that much money when I was that young. I have a feeling that I probably would have let more than a few people down.

He sounds sincere, but he will only stay out of trouble if he lets go of the ol' hood and the entaglement of his former circle of "friends". I know that some of you will really understand this, one of the quickest ways to screw up is to start to hang out with your border-line sane "friends" from the past.

You got to cut the cord.

I second that. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Lynch is not a violent criminal. If you've ever heard the guy speak, you can tell he is truly a good hearted person. The opposite are the types of people that deserve to be disciplined. Not someone smoking a plant (safer than alcohol, which is actually legal) & owning something that the second amendment says he's allowed to own.

But you say "You need a license to own a gun because we are trying to protect you guys from yourselves. You need to be baby sat & whatever we say is what's best for the country." "Marijuana is a gateway drug & will cause car accident levels to rise". "We won't say a damn thing about alcohol which is much more dangerous or cigarettes which are the biggest gateway drug." "Your an evil criminal that deserves to be in jail for daring to smoke something we deem dangerous, as I take a shot of tequilla."

The authoritarian minded people will hate my kind logic but they would sell out their own mother for a stick of bubble gum if it meant they were following the bogus laws that the "chosen ones" have deemed is right in their infinate, all-knowing intellegence. :censored:

Have I mentioned my uncle's red pencil box, and how it relates to Marshawn Lynch sitting in a car minding his own business?

No? Hmm...maybe 'cause it has absolutely no relevance whatsover. Neither does the hit and run incident you referenced.

My point was anyone can say the are sorry, but do they mean it.

I may be a bit cynical, but I don't believe he is truly sorry, just put

on the podium by the Bills and told what to say.

And about the point he was minding his own business, as soon as they

had a weapon in the trunk and were "allegedly" smoking pot, it became

the cops business.

I understand his latest incident is truly not as bad as some other athletes have

done, or everyday citizens. I am just sick and tired of seeing these "stars"

make poor judgement calls and get away with a slap on the wrist.

I second that. Just because something is illegal doesn't mean it's a bad thing. Lynch is not a violent criminal. If you've ever heard the guy speak, you can tell he is truly a good hearted person. The opposite are the types of people that deserve to be disciplined. Not someone smoking a plant (safer than alcohol, which is actually legal) & owning something that the second amendment says he's allowed to own.

But you say "You need a license to own a gun because we are trying to protect you guys from yourselves. You need to be baby sat & whatever we say is what's best for the country." "Marijuana is a gateway drug & will cause car accident levels to rise". "We won't say a damn thing about alcohol which is much more dangerous or cigarettes which are the biggest gateway drug." "Your an evil criminal that deserves to be in jail for daring to smoke something we deem dangerous, as I take a shot of tequilla."

The authoritarian minded people will hate my kind logic but they would sell out their own mother for a stick of bubble gum if it meant they were following the bogus laws that the "chosen ones" have deemed is right in their infinate, all-knowing intellegence. :censored:

I'm not too concerned about the charge itself, not really a big deal. What I'm concerned with is his possible suspension.

I get tired of hearing about how much of a thug our running back is. He has made some mistakes, no doubt. But, he's not a gangster type guy, not a guy with intentions of hurting people or doing people wrong. He's simply made some poor decisions. Any of the thousands of Bills fans would look much the worse if there were media discussing and magnifying all the mistakes we make in the day to day life. Normal people get into trouble, and more times than not no one finds out about it, and after awhile we forgive ourselves and go on thinking we're above that - above making poor decisions and doing bad things once in a while. I just like the way he is regarded by the people that know him. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt - again. He doesn't glorify himself. I'm glad he's our running back. I don't think there is a back out there I'd rather have right now.

As for the gun charges - I'm certain that gun wasn't in his possession to rob someone, or to go off and take someone out. He's a rich guy who wants to have a gun. I hear countless men on radio talk shows all the time talking about how it is the right of the American to have fire arms - Constitutionally - and, although it appears it wasn't registered, I'm thinking there are many thousands of Americans who are nobodies who have unregistered guns and don't plan on using them in any way criminal. That's just my take on it.

Having a gun in your bag, in the locked truck of your car isn't the smartest thing to do, but I'm sure there are plenty of folks here who have been there and done that.

i would have no problem with that, if it was LEGALLY registered.

i plan to get my pistol permit in the near future. i like guns and want one. but i am going to do it LEGALLY. thats the difference.

but in all seriousness, wheres the poll option for-

"i dont care and have no opinion because it doesnt matter, the pampered primadonas are going to continue to do what they want anyways and i'm a realist and accept that they are treated differently than the average joe, and while i dont approve of it i accept it because it's not going to change and its just the way it is."

I chose "last straw" because it was the closest fit to my opinion. If he continues to do seriously dumb things, he won't be in the NFL much longer.

In case anyone has forgotten, Bruce Smith got a 4 game suspension relatively early in his career, and didn't have any other serious issues until the sleep apnia nonsense many years later.