Edwards staying put

Fingon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since it was a pretty stupid rumor... yes it felt good.

Right. A team puts their 25 year old Pro-Bowl quarterback on the trading block, we by no means have a franchise quarterback who has left no doubts about his game, and we have the resources to make a deal like that. Not to mention, for WHATEVER reason, his agent was in town. What a stupid rumor. You need to get off your anti-Cutler soapbox man.

He didnt really have much to say on the matter than his own speculation.

1. If, and thats a big if, the Bills have any interest in Cutler, there is no way they are going to leak it, especially after the failed attempt to get Cassel is what started all this mess for Denver. They dont want to rattle Trent, so they aren’t going to disclose any interest publicly in Cutler in case the trade doesn't happen.

2. I think the visit was more likely about Scheffler personally, but we would all be gullible to believe the Bills have no interest in Cutler just because they haven't publicly said they do.

3. Truth is, we are one of the few teams that makes sense for a Cutler trade. We can give back a young prospect with potential and its no secret key members of our front office are enamored with Cutler. So until Cutler is officially off the trading block (or is traded), or our front office comes out and says we have no interest what so ever in him, these rumors will persist and we will remain a possible destination.

4. This could all be solved with the FO declaring no interest in Cutler pubicly, but that has not happened yet...

Right. A team puts their 25 year old Pro-Bowl quarterback on the trading block, we by no means have a franchise quarterback who has left no doubts about his game, and we have the resources to make a deal like that. Not to mention, for WHATEVER reason, his agent was in town. What a stupid rumor. You need to get off your anti-Cutler soapbox man.

There are a ridiculously large amount of reasons as to why the Cutler rumor was complete bull sh--. This has nothing to do with me thinking he isn't a great QB.

He didnt really have much to say on the matter than his own speculation.

1. If, and thats a big if, the Bills have any interest in Cutler, there is no way they are going to leak it, especially after the failed attempt to get Cassel is what started all this mess for Denver. They dont want to rattle Trent, so they aren’t going to disclose any interest publicly in Cutler in case the trade doesn't happen.

2. I think the visit was more likely about Scheffler personally, but we would all be gullible to believe the Bills have no interest in Cutler just because they haven't publicly said they do.

3. Truth is, we are one of the few teams that makes sense for a Cutler trade. We can give back a young prospect with potential and its no secret key members of our front office are enamored with Cutler. So until Cutler is officially off the trading block (or is traded), or our front office comes out and says we have no interest what so ever in him, these rumors will persist and we will remain a possible destination.

4. This could all be solved with the FO declaring no interest in Cutler pubicly, but that has not happened yet...

I would believe Sal, one of his relatives is high up in the organization, and he broke the T.O. story.

There are a ridiculously large amount of reasons as to why the Cutler rumor was complete bull sh--. This has nothing to do with me thinking he isn't a great QB.

Okay, why don't you explain all of your inside info. that makes any Cutler speculation over the last couple days relegated as complete bull sh-- then?

Cutler rumor = over

lmao...this article means nothing...do you honestly think anyone in the Bills organization would say anything other than Trent is staying put at this point? I mean come on...

Just to further illustrate that you cant put too much stock into this...there was an article on here yesterday suggesing we were "feverishly trying to get Cutler"...so which is it?

Truth is, NO ONE but the Bills FO knows their intentions...and if there was literally ZERO interest, they would pubicly say so to spare Trent any concern and put their support behind our young QB...but they havent...that alone tells me that no one article saying we are interested or not interested can be taken too seriously...

I believe Sal, but I do recall: When the Bills got Bledsoe, didn't TD announce a day or two before that the Bills were out of the running for Drew and then we got him?

Point is you never, ever know.

But i just do not see the Broncos taking Edwards back after trading who they thought is their franchise guy.

Okay, why don't you explain all of your inside info. that makes any Cutler speculation over the last couple days relegated as complete bull sh-- then?

1. The Bills are fully committed to Edwards... they signed T.O. to aid in his development.

2. They would have to have traded Edwards and a pick for Cutler.

3. Cutler's agent hasn't been given permission to talk with anyone about him yet.

4. No media outlet has even reported any interest on the Bills part.

etc...

All these reasons make it an unlikely rumor.

I would believe Sal, one of his relatives is high up in the organization, and he broke the T.O. story.

SO WHAT if he broke one story? I have a friend who is dating someone whose father high up in the Bills organization, that doesn't mean I expect him to break every new story that involves free agents or trades and be 100% accurate all the time. If you think some Sal guy who operates his own website and breaks Bills rumors from word of mouth of his relatives in the organization is always going to be spot on, you're nuts.