Is it soccer? Or what?

WTF is it with soccer fans?.

Our MLS season kicks off this Wednesday and we're also hosting the MLS Cup in 2009...I wonder if there's time to build a bunker in the backyard....

It's the boredom. Kind of like hunting deer. You sit in tree stand for hours on end with nothing going on. Then all of a sudden something exciting happens, a deer actually walks by then BLAMO!

As any true-blooded wingnut will tell you, it has nothing to do with soccer, and everything to do with Islam.

DC Tom will be upset when he finds out you've hacked his account, RKfast.

As for the OP, you've been to Bills games, right? It's relative chaos. Now imagine relative chaos in an already chaotic place. I got to coach water polo alongside the former US National coach one summer and he had footage of the Serbia v Croatia game from 2002 (HUGE water polo country). He was there scouting for an upcoming match up and just barely escaped alive, literally. The post-game riot was so bad an entire one side of the outdoor stadium collapsed. DURING the game, one of the refs (in water polo the referees walk up and down the side of the pool) was knocked out, fell into the pool, and nearly drowned after a battery hurled by a spectator blasted him in the head.

HBO Real Sports did an expose on the "drinking problem" at NFL games (featured RWS), but it's a problem that hardly seems relevant, in the scheme of things.

DC Tom will be upset when he finds out you've hacked his account, RKfast.

As for the OP, you've been to Bills games, right? It's relative chaos. Now imagine relative chaos in an already chaotic place. I got to coach water polo alongside the former US National coach one summer and he had footage of the Serbia v Croatia game from 2002 (HUGE water polo country). He was there scouting for an upcoming match up and just barely escaped alive, literally. The post-game riot was so bad an entire one side of the outdoor stadium collapsed. DURING the game, one of the refs (in water polo the referees walk up and down the side of the pool) was knocked out, fell into the pool, and nearly drowned after a battery hurled by a spectator blasted him in the head.

HBO Real Sports did an expose on the "drinking problem" at NFL games (featured RWS), but it's a problem that hardly seems relevant, in the scheme of things.

The last time I played water polo, I nearly drank myself to death as well. Not to be confused with Marco Polo, which I'm much better at, or that silly game the Brit's play with mallets and horses. Hmmmm. Now, water polo with horses, mallets, and blind folds, that would be something. ;)

I always thought soccer was more of a communist game. ;) Where are all the soccer moms when you need them?

Over at my place.

Oh BTW my wife and I were taking a drive a couple of weeks ago through the farming areas north of SF. We drove by this park and the kids were playing a game. For the life of us we couldn't remember the name of that game. We had seen it before, hell I even played it as a kid. Can anyone tell us what it was? There were, I think we drove by pretty fast, nine kids kind of standing around while one of them threw this round ball like thing at a kid holding a stick. The nine kids had these big gloves on their hands while the one with the stick didn't have one. Very strange. Having lived in southern CA for so many years we did not know that the kids played anything other than soccer.

The last time I played water polo, I nearly drank myself to death as well. Not to be confused with Marco Polo, which I'm much better at, or that silly game the Brit's play with mallets and horses. Hmmmm. Now, water polo with horses, mallets, and blind folds, that would be something. ;)

Marco Polo....reminds me of a story. I was working at an Italian restaurant a number of years ago. We had this guy working there from Italy and his name was Marco. One day I yell out Maaarrrrco and he yells back Pooolo. I nearly shiit my pants. I asked him if he played that as a kid in Italy and he said of course. That was so cool.

Over at my place.

Oh BTW my wife and I were taking a drive a couple of weeks ago through the farming areas north of SF. We drove by this park and the kids were playing a game. For the life of us we couldn't remember the name of that game. We had seen it before, hell I even played it as a kid. Can anyone tell us what it was? There were, I think we drove by pretty fast, nine kids kind of standing around while one of them threw this round ball like thing at a kid holding a stick. The nine kids had these big gloves on their hands while the one with the stick didn't have one. Very strange. Having lived in southern CA for so many years we did not know that the kids played anything other than soccer.

I always thought stickball was an East cost thing.

Sounds like Cricket

No, not Cricket. But I believe it's roots are in the game of Cricket. And I visit the Caribbean quite often and they play a lot of Cricket down there so I would have recognized it.

Oh wait I do remember is was a warm day so we drove by and had the windows down and heard someone yell "you suck blue" I'm not sure if he meant the color blue or if he wasn't sure whether one of the players sucks or blows. ;)