DL is not going to be our first pick in the Draft

I keep reading and reading how everyone feels that DL should be our first pick in the draft its my strong belief its not going to happen. We have Kelsay and Schoebel Stroud and Williams Though we have not had a very succesful attempts at rushing the passer to produce sacks we have been better at stopping the run which was the biggest problem we had the year before that and we didnt draft a DL in the first round then either now did we no we traded for Stroud USING OUR 5th rd pick.

The Bills last 2 DL guys drafted in the first Round-BUSTS so far. Schoebel is a 2nd rd draftee and the best our line has had since the departure of Smith and Wiley.

The have the prospect of taking one of the Best TE to come in the first round and there is also the strong possibility of OL or a LB even. I see these three right now as of this day and time as our 3 biggest needs and best option of the first round pick. DE/DL can wait until round 2-4. BEcuase whom ever we draft is only going to be groomed for next year or the year after that depending on if they let kelsay go next year or the end of his contract.

I could see them drafting this guy in the 2nd round

Matt Shaughnessy- hard working, high motor guy that can get into the backfield and disrupt plays also would take a year or two to be a starter in the NFL- this is the type of guy that our coaching would love Situational and trainable.

If your going to disagree with me come up with a better excuse then we need a passrusher- Kelsay and schoebel are not going anywhere this year and Fewell has come out publically to say that we are probably looking at a situational guy. We dont waste first round picks on situational guys we select first round picks to START!!!!! IE OL/TE/LB

I would disagree with you in this one area - the person. I would go for Sidbury out of Richmond, because he has similar/better 10 times than the premiere pass rushers. I go off the 10 moreso than the 40 (4.66 btw) because of the explosion/get the passer speed is more important than hustling 40 some-odd yards downfield. 6'3, 265-266 and only prob was competition, but to be a pure pass rusher / strongside OLB that wouldn't be too much of an issue.

I would disagree with you in this one area - the person. I would go for Sidbury out of Richmond, because he has similar/better 10 times than the premiere pass rushers. I go off the 10 moreso than the 40 (4.66 btw) because of the explosion/get the passer speed is more important than hustling 40 some-odd yards downfield. 6'3, 265-266 and only prob was competition, but to be a pure pass rusher / strongside OLB that wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Its ok to disagree with the person I jsut threw him out there as a guy I could see them draft. WHo ever the best one available is with our second round pick I see them drafting DL.

Maybe trading back into the late 1st round late 2nd round. We have done it before with McCargo and Poz, with mixed results. Guyz like Ayers, Maybin (if he falls far enough) or English could be someone to target. I would add Johnson to the mix, but I don't like him.

If not, second round guyz could be a Dennis Barwin, Shaugnessy or Sidbury. Personally I Like Sidbury, Barwin and Shaugnessy in that order for the second round pick.

Matt Shaughnessy- hard working, high motor guy that can get into the backfield and disrupt plays also would take a year or two to be a starter in the NFL- this is the type of guy that our coaching would love Situational and trainable.

quote]

You forgot the word "white" between motor and guy. :huh:

I keep reading and reading how everyone feels that DL should be our first pick in the draft its my strong belief its not going to happen. We have Kelsay and Schoebel Stroud and Williams Though we have not had a very succesful attempts at rushing the passer to produce sacks we have been better at stopping the run which was the biggest problem we had the year before that and we didnt draft a DL in the first round then either now did we no we traded for Stroud USING OUR 5th rd pick.

The Bills last 2 DL guys drafted in the first Round-BUSTS so far. Schoebel is a 2nd rd draftee and the best our line has had since the departure of Smith and Wiley.

The have the prospect of taking one of the Best TE to come in the first round and there is also the strong possibility of OL or a LB even. I see these three right now as of this day and time as our 3 biggest needs and best option of the first round pick. DE/DL can wait until round 2-4. BEcuase whom ever we draft is only going to be groomed for next year or the year after that depending on if they let kelsay go next year or the end of his contract.

If your going to disagree with me come up with a better excuse then we need a passrusher- Kelsay and schoebel are not going anywhere this year and Fewell has come out publically to say that we are probably looking at a situational guy. We dont waste first round picks on situational guys we select first round picks to START!!!!! IE OL/TE/LB

I can't disagree with this post. As the draft gets closer it seems more and more likely that the Bills might go outside of the DL with their first pick. Who knows where the Bills have players ranked but given some of the other teams needs ahead of us it's not hard to imagine 2-4 DL picked ahead of us. The fact we haven't addressed the Te, Lb, and guard positions in FA yet, opens other possibilities as well.

i think DE is the most likely choice in the 1st round........IMO, the reason the bills haven't really been looking for upgrades for that area in free agency is because they know there isn't much out there that is worth bothering with AND that they are willing to pay for.........if they can address there other needs in free agency (i.e. WR, backup QB, OC and now OG, TE, and OLB) it frees them up to target the DE position, where they know they need help based on last year's anemic pass rush

i really hope they just go with raji if he's on the board though - i think he'd put more pressure on the QB and create more havoc then any DE

I believe DL is very likely to be our 1st overall pick and then TE in the second round. We just didn't generate enough sacks last year and I don't think Schoebel is going to change that a whole lot. He may never get back to his production.

Maybe trading back into the late 1st round late 2nd round. We have done it before with McCargo and Poz, with mixed results. Guyz like Ayers, Maybin (if he falls far enough) or English could be someone to target. I would add Johnson to the mix, but I don't like him.

If not, second round guyz could be a Dennis Barwin, Shaugnessy or Sidbury. Personally I Like Sidbury, Barwin and Shaugnessy in that order for the second round pick.

In addition to McCargo and Poz, the Bills also traded up for Losman. They missed twice and Poz is so-so to this point in his career. Just say no to trading up in any round.

I agree with your sentiment and I think you will probably end up being right about not taking a DL until later (I might even go so far as to say not until the 3rd), but I think a lot of the reason people are thinking DL, is becaus ethey are hoping that the right one is there at 11, even though they most likely will not (I myself am guilty of this). I think the cavet would be if a guy like Raji or Orakpo fell to us. Otherwise I agree that the value probably wouldn't be there until round two. Also the idea of taking a situational guy at 11 when there are full time guys available lacks a solid strategy. Maybe they do it for the right guy. This is also going to depend a lot on what happens with Peters because if he gets traded, there are a few more options for us in the early draft.

The only way this tampa two defense is really going to work is if they can get pressure with their down linemen.......

We dont know where Schroble is at......and Ellis is a complete unknown........Kelay and Denny have showed there hand and it isnt good enough.....

There is NOBODY in free agency that can help us in this area.......praying for Everett Brown to fall