I am very impressed with the way that

In my opinion Trent Edwards is the first real leader at the QB position TO has ever played with, I mean Mcnabb and Romo are great QB's but they joke around to much and lack focus, plus they are not so great when it comes to leadership. TE on the other hand is smart, unselfish, he's a team comes first kind of guy, and TE has shown great chroise and leadership abilities so far in his young career.

TO is going to have a real hard time finding fault with TE because they both have the same work ethic and burning desire to win.

Are you being serious? TE has proven to you that he is a better leader than Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan Mcnabb, and Tony Romo? How did he do this? I need specific examples, please. I can't prove that he's not but I don't make definitive statements about it either. So just out of curiosity, how do you grade leadership from your living room or stadium seats? What makes you think that those other guys aren't team first players? Why do you say TE on the otherhand is smart? Was Steve Young an idiot? What exactly makes you think TE has a better work ethic and more of a burning desire to win, than the other Qb's? If you can see it from outerspace, surely TO will notice.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion Trent Edwards is the first real leader at the QB position TO has ever played with, I mean Mcnabb and Romo are great QB's but they joke around to much and lack focus, plus they are not so great when it comes to leadership. TE on the other hand is smart, unselfish, he's a team comes first kind of guy, and TE has shown great chroise and leadership abilities so far in his young career.

TO is going to have a real hard time finding fault with TE because they both have the same work ethic and burning desire to win.

I like Trent Edwards a lot as our QB, but what has he done so far that has made you think he is a leader at all yet? Much less more of a leader than McNabb, Garcia, Steve Young, Romo, Bledsoe? When did you see McNabb joking around too much and not being focused? This organization could only wish we had a Donovan Mcnabb here for the last decade.

Guest dog14787
Are you being serious? TE has proven to you that he is a better leader than Steve Young, Jeff Garcia, Donovan Mcnabb, and Tony Romo? How did he do this? I need specific examples, please. I can't prove that he's not but I don't make definitive statements about it either. So just out of curiosity, how do you grade leadership from your living room or stadium seats? What makes you think that those other guys aren't team first players? Why do you say TE on the otherhand is smart? Was Steve Young an idiot? What exactly makes you think TE has a better work ethic and more of a burning desire to win, than the other Qb's? If you can see it from outerspace, surely TO will notice.

I watched Tony Romo throw what was it 4 or 5 interceptions here in Buffalo and stand out there on the field with a big smile on his face like it was a joke when he's the joke. I've watched Donovan Mcnabb lose games when the Eagles had far superior talent and firepower then their opponents and yet they lose, normally from mistakes by Mcnabb yet through the whole game he's all smiles. This last season Mcnabb finally showed some maturity, wow, one season out of a whole career. Dallas with Romo and the Eagles with Mcnabb will never win a Superbowl. Garcia is Gay, yet out of the three, he is by far the best leader so you got me there, I have no problem with Jeff Garcia's and his leadership abilities are great, before we got TO I would have loved to have Jeff Garcia here in Buffalo. Some men have a problem respecting authority from someone who is Gay and TO's one of them.

Its just my opinion and if you think Mcnabb or Romo is a better leader of men than Trent Edwards, good for you, but I think you are wrong and they are both jokes.

I didn't discuss Steve Young and as I recall there was never much of a problem between TO and Steve Young.

Its just my opinion and I'm sticking to it, but as far as leadership goes, TE beats them all.

I watched Tony Romo throw what was it 4 or 5 interceptions here in Buffalo and stand out there on the field with a big smile on his face like it was a joke when he's the joke. I've watched Donovan Mcnabb lose games when the Eagles had far superior talent and firepower then their opponents and yet they lose, normally from mistakes by Mcnabb yet through the whole game he's all smiles. This last season Mcnabb finally showed some maturity, wow, one season out of a whole career. Dallas with Romo and the Eagles with Mcnabb will never win a Superbowl. Garcia is Gay, yet out of the three, he is by far the best leader so you got me there, I have no problem with Jeff Garcia's and his leadership abilities are great, before we got TO I would have loved to have Jeff Garcia here in Buffalo. Some men have a problem respecting authority from someone who is Gay and TO's one of them.

Its just my opinion and if you think Mcnabb or Romo is a better leader of men than Trent Edwards, good for you, but I think you are wrong and they are both jokes.

I didn't discuss Steve Young and as I recall there was never much of a problem between TO and Steve Young.

Its just my opinion and I'm sticking to it, but as far as leadership goes, TE beats them all.

Did you also watch him bring his team back to win the game?

Guest dog14787
Did you also watch him bring his team back to win the game?

Right, because of Pathetic coaching on our part, do we even have to go there :rolleyes:

What you get out of the Happy clowns is a play like Romo the Homo ended the Cowboy's hopes a couple of seasons ago with, a play so bad even Parcells couldn't stomach it and retired.

In a sick way, I'm almost curious what he'll accuse Trent about. He already called one QB gay; said another one was jealous of him; and finally accused the last one of a bromance with his tight end.

That said, I think this season TO will be in check because he has to be. At least, that's my hope.

Excellent observations - perhaps Trent has some incestuous relaitonship with his sister he's close to....

I've been as quick as anyone to bash TO in the past, but let's give him a fair chance ... he's saying all the right things so far ... I'm willing to give him a chance. And let's be honest ... TO is TO ... so let's not expect him to be a meek, quiet guy ... He is what he is ... but let's give him a chance to prove himself here...

Would we want him to be meek / quiet? I say no. Let him fire up this team.

Might TO shake up the chemistry in the locker room? Maybe ... probably ... but it's the chemistry of a mediocre 7-9 that is spinning it's wheels, so why would this not be a GOOD thing!!!

Guest dog14787
Might TO shake up the chemistry in the locker room? Maybe ... probably ... but it's the chemistry of a mediocre 7-9 that is spinning it's wheels, so why would this not be a GOOD thing!!!

TO is going to be like a lightning Rod to channel all of our energies through, so when it storms like in a Shady Brady Thunderstorm, we can answer back with a category 5 TOrnado.

I once watched Bills QB throw 3 picks in the first half against Cincinnati, and he just laughed about it.

Based on your on criteria, that QB would not be a leader, correct?

The first sentence in your original post, claimed that TE is the first real leader at the Qb position, that TO has ever had. I just thought that might include all previous NFL Qb's he played with (Steve Young). Other than your astute observation of "Romo the Homo" smiling during a game, Mcnabb smiling during a game, and Garcia is gay so he might have trouble leading players , you didn't bring up anything to support your claim. In fact you proved to everybody how immature and foolish you are. Again, what SPECIFIC REASONS do you have to support your idiotic beliefs? By specific reasons I'm hoping for something other than "I saw the guy laughing" and "Garcia is Gay". Actually please don't even try, I already know you can't and you are going to just post more ignorant statements.

Garcia is gay? Have you seen his wife? Can't believe a guy that looks like Boggs from Shawshank could score a girl like that.

San Fran: After his first full year of production he became a prima donna

Philly: Signed him to a 1 year deal. After one great year with his best friend Donovan McNabb he then got an extension and he became a prima donna

Dallas: Signed him to a 1 year deal. After a great first year, he signed a multi year contract. Cried for Tony Romo, and ultimately became a prima donna

Buffalo: Signed him to a 1 year deal. Will use his actions in Buffalo to go else where (hopefully another AFC East team) and become a prima donna

Guest dog14787
The first sentence in your original post, claimed that TE is the first real leader at the Qb position, that TO has ever had. I just thought that might include all previous NFL Qb's he played with (Steve Young). Other than your astute observation of "Romo the Homo" smiling during a game, Mcnabb smiling during a game, and Garcia is gay so he might have trouble leading players , you didn't bring up anything to support your claim. In fact you proved to everybody how immature and foolish you are. Again, what SPECIFIC REASONS do you have to support your idiotic beliefs? By specific reasons I'm hoping for something other than "I saw the guy laughing" and "Garcia is Gay". Actually please don't even try, I already know you can't and you are going to just post more ignorant statements.

I also addressed Steve Young by pointing out TO went almost unnoticed during that stretch which just helps prove my point, and that is TO will do just fine provided he has a good leader to follow.

Thanks

I'm saying TE is a better leader than all of them and its just my opinion which I'm entitled to, as far as ignorant goes, your attack on someone that's just stating their opinion sounds pretty ignorant to me. :rolleyes:

You are entitled to your opinion and no one should fault you for posting it. However, you should be aware that if you make it public, it becomes open for debate. I disagree with your assessment of TEs leadership in comparison to those other Qbs, mainly because it can't be remotely proven. If you start backing it up with nonsense and Garcias gay evaluation, you are going to get called out. :rolleyes:

Guest dog14787
You are entitled to your opinion and no one should fault you for posting it. However, you should be aware that if you make it public, it becomes open for debate. I disagree with your assessment of TEs leadership in comparison to those other Qbs, mainly because it can't be remotely proven. If you start backing it up with nonsense and Garcias gay evaluation, you are going to get called out. :rolleyes:

lol, geeesh, are you kidding me Rookie, I'm fully aware :w00t:

A championship caliber QB is normally more serious and stays focused during the game. I can't think of anyone who has won a Superbowl that was even remotely as clownish acting as Romo or Mcnabb during a game so in my opinion they proved my point for me.

Like I said, you want a clown for a QB you get plays like the one that sent the big Tuna into permanent retirement. :lol: