United Football League Announces Coaches.

millbank

United Football League

UFL website

The United Football League, a new professional outdoor football league,

announced four former standout NFL coaches as the league`s first head coaches

for its "Premiere" season this morning at a press conference in San Francisco.

The League also announced the San Francisco franchise will play its home games

at AT&T Park.

UFL Founder Bill Hambrecht, UFL Investor Paul Pelosi and UFL Commissioner

Michael Huyghue were on hand to introduce the newest members of the UFL team.

All four of the newly announced coaches have impressive coaching pedigrees

having worked in both the NFL and collegiate ranks.

Teams in San Francisco, New York , Orlando, Las Vegas .

The Coaches introduced were, Dennis Green, Jim Fassel, Jim Haslett , Ted Cottrell.

United Football League

UFL website

The United Football League, a new professional outdoor football league,

announced four former standout NFL coaches as the league`s first head coaches

for its "Premiere" season this morning at a press conference in San Francisco.

The League also announced the San Francisco franchise will play its home games

at AT&T Park.

UFL Founder Bill Hambrecht, UFL Investor Paul Pelosi and UFL Commissioner

Michael Huyghue were on hand to introduce the newest members of the UFL team.

All four of the newly announced coaches have impressive coaching pedigrees

having worked in both the NFL and collegiate ranks.

Teams in San Francisco, New York , Orlando, Las Vegas .

The Coaches introduced were, Dennis Green, Jim Fassel, Jim Haslett , Ted Cottrell.

Perhaps I am missing something but doesn't their team sites goes against their mission? They state their mission is: to "fulfill the unmet needs of football fans in major markets currently underserved by professional football", but two of their sites have two NFL teams each (San Francisco[Raiders/49ers], New York[Giants and Jets]) how does this fulfill their mission?

Is Paul related to Nancy?

YES, he is her husband. He is the owner of all the UFL teams! And the grand Stimulis package at one time EXCLUDED use of Stimulis $$$ for stadium work. Finally version of the grand Stimulis package allows use of Stimulis $$$ for stadium work! :(

Perhaps I am missing something but doesn't their team sites goes against their mission? They state their mission is: to "fulfill the unmet needs of football fans in major markets currently underserved by professional football", but two of their sites have two NFL teams each (San Francisco[Raiders/49ers], New York[Giants and Jets]) how does this fulfill their mission?

Yes - the other cities played and based in - Orlando, Las Vegas, Hartford and Los Angeles. I think starting with 4 teams is a bit small for a league but it may work out allowing first teams to be financially stable.

The season will culminate with a Championship Game tentatively

scheduled for Thanksgiving weekend in Las Vegas.

This is directly in competition with NFL, CFL and college football. I think a spring league would have done better but I suspect reasoning is seeking college players / NFL players not making rosters; if they do well they can apply to teams again following year. Spring players like NFL Europe players were usually too worn for regular season.

YES, he is her husband. He is the owner of all the UFL teams! And the grand Stimulis package at one time EXCLUDED use of Stimulis $$$ for stadium work. Finally version of the grand Stimulis package allows use of Stimulis $$$ for stadium work! :(

Yeah and she had the Federal minimum wage rules written to exclude American Somoa. The largest employer there is a Tuna company of which her husband Paul is one of the largest shareholders.

Those 2 teams are both in NJ, Buffalo is the only real NY team